Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-10-2019, 12:32   #1
Noteworthy
Verified representative

Have you noticed trees getting cut down?

We'd like your help with an investigation into tree cutting by local authorities. Have you noticed this? We want to look around the country and see what destruction has taken place so any help you can offer would be really appreciated!

The tree cutting investigation proposal which was sent into us by one of our readers is over half funded and we'd love to get it over the line so we can dive into the investigation as we can't start investigating until the project is fully funded. You can support the investigation here: https://www.noteworthy.ie/proposal/c...rks-29-May2019

We're an investigative platform called Noteworthy which was set up by TheJournal.ie. The idea is that we crowdsource ideas for stories that are not currently being covered by the media, and crowdfund in order to carry them out.

Let us know your ideas below or email information@noteworthy.ie - Also if you could share this, that would be brilliant.

Last edited by Noteworthy; 15-10-2019 at 12:51.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
16-10-2019, 17:33   #2
FutureTeashock
Banned

I posted about this in After Hours and my thread was deleted. This is about 5G rollout!
(2) thanks from:
16-10-2019, 18:07   #3
FutureTeashock
Banned

It's all just a conspiracy!

Watch: The moment birds start falling out of the sky in Coventry

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/ne...entry-17087242
17-10-2019, 16:24   #4
The One Doctor

Why does it cost a hack €1500 to call the Coco and ask for the reason that trees are being cut down?
17-10-2019, 17:33   #5
The Inpatient

5G
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
18-10-2019, 00:01   #6
gozunda

No. In fact there are lots of trees close-by where the branches are over the height of the electrical cables. Normally these would be trimmed every couple of years but not in quite some time tbh.
18-10-2019, 00:11   #7
Sonny noggs

Yes and no. Depends.
18-10-2019, 00:15   #8
ted1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureTeashock View Post
I posted about this in After Hours and my thread was deleted. This is about 5G rollout!
Tin foil hat.
(2) thanks from:
18-10-2019, 00:25   #9
FutureTeashock
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted1 View Post
Tin foil hat.

You don't need one, you've clearly no brain to protect. I will continue to oppose 5G, no chance it's getting installed where I live.
Advertisement
18-10-2019, 00:34   #10
JJayoo

Quote:
You don't need one, you've clearly no brain to protect. I will continue to oppose 5G, no chance it's getting installed where I live.
Based on what evidence?
18-10-2019, 00:40   #11
FutureTeashock
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJayoo View Post
Based on what evidence?

Why do you think it's been banned in Brussels and Geneva if it's so safe?

There are thousands of articles detailing the risks of 5G tech, here's one off the top of the list.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com...ve-5g-is-safe/
Thanks from:
18-10-2019, 08:55   #12
ted1

Quote:
Based on what grounds ?
The video you posted is more than likely as a result of the birds drinking poisoned/ contaminated water or food.
18-10-2019, 17:50   #13
endacl

Quote:
Make sure you oppose it as gaeilge! Le do cheapín scraggal ar do cheann bocht!
Thanks from:
18-10-2019, 21:37   #14
KKV

Send a message via MSN to KKV
I'm not trying to be rude to Noteworthy or anything like that, but I do also kinda want to throw this question at ye:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The One Doctor View Post
Why does it cost a hack €1500 to call the Coco and ask for the reason that trees are being cut down?

What is actually involved in the 'investigation'? On something like this, how far do you go? I really can't imagine anything other than a registered letter asking 'what's the craic with the trees?', and then padding their reply into an article is involved?

But, I say that as someone who has no knowledge of this kind of work, or this general area of expertise.

I presume you find out the reason why, and then go and investigate that, too? (ie; if the Council say it's to facilitate 5G, you get in touch with a company offering 5G and ask them about it, etc.?)

Again, I'm genuinely not trying to be a smart ass, but I am genuinely curious as to how this would operate?

A flaw that I find in this model, is that if I'm really enraged about the trees, by the time you fundraise sufficiently, and get the ball rolling, if i was annoyed enough to send ye money, in the time it'd take for everyone to donate, to get it up and running, I could have gotten an answer from the Council myself (but perhaps I'm over-simplifying it?).

Sorry again is this post seems a bit crass - I genuinely don't mean it that way at all.
18-10-2019, 22:14   #15
Gaspode
Woof!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noteworthy View Post
We'd like your help with an investigation into tree cutting by local authorities. Have you noticed this? We want to look around the country and see what destruction has taken place so any help you can offer would be really appreciated!
Sounds like you've decided on the outcome of the investigation already!
(5) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion