Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alphabet Sheep - All About Sports Teams!

Options
  • 25-08-2019 10:22pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭

alphabetposterhorizontalevenspacing.gif

The Alphabet Sheep game seems to be hugely popular so... why not keep this going :D

This time we're going for sports teams! GAA, Soccer, Rugby - if they play a team sport then they're eligible - hell even if they're not, they are in Sheep!!

The format for newcomers...

I will present to you a list of the letters of the alphabet and all you have to do is PM me back your list, unnumbered. DO NOT post your list on thread

The topic of this quiz is Sports Teams - PM me a list of 26 Sports Teams in alphabetical order.

Use the below as a template:

A
    B
    C
    D
    E
    F
    G
    H
    I
    J
    K
    L
    M
    N
    O
    P
    Q
    R
    S
    T
    U
    V
    W
    X
    Y
    Z

As always, there are no incorrect answers in Sheep.... but can you pick the most popular one? Let's find out!

Closing date at present will be Sunday, 1st September with reveal to take place some time the following week - most likely Monday, 2nd September.

Let's Get Sheepin!

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,278 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

great idea :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Woohoo....mid table respectability here I come.

Hopefully :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

That was harder than I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

I'm in since I'm on a roll

• Advertisement

Might be worth adding to the OP to not include the letters at the start of the answers ;) every extra minute wasted is a minute of superior giffage searching lost :pac:

that was hard list in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

I'll put something together. Hitting mid-table has inspired me to try again.

Off-topic: I only just zoomed into the image properly and realised that it was sheep breeds. Where did it come from - they're crazy breeds. Why would you have a cotswold and not a charollais? Or a Tunis but not a texel? Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Count me in:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Choc Chip wrote: »
    I'll put something together. Hitting mid-table has inspired me to try again.

Off-topic: I only just zoomed into the image properly and realised that it was sheep breeds. Where did it come from - they're crazy breeds. Why would you have a cotswold and not a charollais? Or a Tunis but not a texel? Madness.

I have no idea actually. Just found it somewhere and have been using it ever since:D

• Advertisement

Necro wrote: »
    I have no idea actually. Just found it somewhere and have been using it ever since:D

It's a really cool picture... I just want to change the breeds. :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Choc Chip wrote: »

Someone knows far too much about sheep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

In too when I get a chance to compile.

I'll pick your A if you pick my L.

We'll get them to sheep together.

:P

On thread cryptic politicking :)

quickbeam wrote: »
    Someone knows far too much about sheep :)

I think I know more about sheep than sports teams. :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Well the good thing is Choccy - you can google away to your hearts content ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,340 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    In too when I get a chance to compile.

I'll pick your A if you pick my L.

We'll get them to sheep together.

:P

On thread cryptic politicking :)

Already did ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

In Like Flynn. Will pm my choices a bit later, cheers for running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

tusk wrote: »
    Might be worth adding to the OP to not include the letters at the start of the answers ;) every extra minute wasted is a minute of superior giffage searching lost :pac:

I copy and paste those letters into my pm and use those letters as the first letter of my answers.

In btw...

sKeith wrote: »
    I copy and paste those letters into my pm and use those letters as the first letter of my answers.

In btw...

sKeith shows up. Out of the blue. And just turns everything upside down with his logic! How very dare you, sir. How very dare you indeed. :P

sKeith wrote: »

In btw...

Doesn't everyone do that?

• Advertisement

Ectoplasm wrote: »
    Doesn't everyone do that?

They do not :D I had at lest 5/6 entries with the letters first. And at least 2/3 with the questions too ::eek:

tusk wrote: »
    They do not :D I had at lest 5/6 entries with the letters first. And at least 2/3 with the questions too ::eek:

I must remember that for your next game tusk ;) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭wally79

So just to clarify, we leave the letters in and the questions and add a small comment about why we picked each answer?

Add a video of each team playing their best match:D

wally79 wrote: »
    So just to clarify, we leave the letters in and the questions and add a small comment about why we picked each answer?

:pac:

Save that for the reveal. Answers only... and bribes if you're feeling generous :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

I compile mine on a spreadsheet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,340 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

quickbeam wrote: »
    I compile mine on a spreadsheet :)

Oooo la-di-da

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Do we need to be specific about the sport? For example, if there were a county would you have to mention a specific sport. ie Can I say 'Ballygobackwards' or do I have to say 'Ballygobackwards Hurling' or 'Ballygobackwards Football'?

• Advertisement

sullivlo wrote: »
    Do we need to be specific about the sport? For example, if there were a county would you have to mention a specific sport. ie Can I say 'Ballygobackwards' or do I have to say 'Ballygobackwards Hurling' or 'Ballygobackwards Football'?

If you want :)

Advertisement