Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stephen King Sheep!!

Options
  • 14-07-2019 11:48pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So you've all had a Harry Potter themed Peehs, which was excellently run by our native tusk :D

But now, it's time to

giphy.gif

And move on to some

giphy.gif

Yes that's right it's
    Sheep - The Stephen King Edition!!!

Now, for this one I'm going to run it in sections, to test your knowledge of the master of horror.

We will have 20 questions, with a number of different categories!

The rules are simple - the highest scoring answer is the Sheep!

As this is now a Sheep game, research is permitted :)

And the categories:

Category 1: The Dark Tower - King's Magnum Opus

1. Name a gunslinger that features in the volume Wizard and Glass.
    2. Name a member of Roland's ka-tet.
    3. Name another Stephen King novel referenced in any of the volumes.
    4. Name a villain in any of the volumes.
    5. Name one of the books in the series.

Category 2: The Epics

1. Name a member of Randall Flagg's group in The Stand
    2. Name a member of The Loser's Club in the novel IT
    3. Name a form the being IT takes in the novel IT
    4. Name one of the 26 survivors in the novel Under The Dome
    5. Name a character who was made a vampire in the novel Salem's Lot

Category 3: Castle Rock

1. Name an item purchased from the shop Needful Things
    2. Name a prisoner in the novella, Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption
    3. Name a sheriff of Castle Rock
    4. Name a character killed by a certain rabid St. Bernard in the novel Cujo
    5. Name one of the children who discovers the body of Ray Browers in the novella, The Body

Category 4: General Stephen King Knowledge

1. Name an adaptation of a Stephen King novel since 2010 to present
    2. Name an adaptation of a Stephen King novel that Stephen King himself features in
    3. Stephen King once used a pseudonym known as Richard Bachman - name one of the books or novellas written under that name.
    4. Stephen King has co-written a number of novels - name one.
    5. Stephen King has also written 15 compilations of short stories and novellas - name one.

Entries are open until Monday, 22nd July at 23.59pm. Reveal will take place Tuesday 23rd July (basically suiting my work schedule :P)

For new players: Simply PM me a list of your answers to enter. You can enter as many times as you like, but only your most recent entry will be considered as your answers.

This might be a bit niche for some, but I tried to balance the game as much as I could for the casuals along with giving the hardcore fans some testing questions :)

Best of luck folks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Hmm think I'll be battling the wooden spoon again. My knowledge of Stephen King is pretty much limited to the movies I've seen

I think I will have to stay out of this one! Don't think I can answer one question!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭wally79

Yeah bit too specific for me

Any more general knowledge ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Few points that will make life easier.

Please send your answers in the PM as an unnumbered list. Don't add the question itself.

And double/triple check you've answered all questions :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

Maine, that's all I know

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

wally79 wrote: »
    Yeah bit too specific for me

Any more general knowledge ones?

If people like I can add a fifth category purely based on adaptations?

just submitted, but I can resubmit if the questions change. I have zero chance so...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Submitted. Probably the wooden spoon for me. People who know less just won't enter. I know a little, but even for novels that I've read, my memory for details is crap, so I'm not expecting much here.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,050 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Hmmm... if I flipped the competition and made it a Sheep with research allowed would that be more or less interesting to people?

Necro wrote: »
    Hmmm... if I flipped the competition and made it a Sheep with research allowed would that be more or less interesting to people?

I'd be down with that, but I wouldn't want to take away the chance of winning a peehs or the fun of the reveal from those who actually know a lot about the subject haha.

Maybe two separate goes? Sheep in a couple of weeks?

• Advertisement

Nah, executive decision based off feedback thus far :)

Please note the game has been changed to a Sheep, with research permitted :D

Anyone who has already entered is free to re-enter naturally!!

Sweet!

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

osh wrote: »
    Hmm think I'll be battling the wooden spoon again. My knowledge of Stephen King is pretty much limited to the movies I've seen

All of Stephens biggest movies listed there

IT, Shawshank, stand by me, the stand, to name but a few

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Rikand wrote: »
    All of Stephens biggest movies listed there

IT, Shawshank, stand by me, the stand, to name but a few

Ah yeah I'd know some alright, though probably the more obvious answers.

First category I wouldn't get anything probably.

Also never seen the stand, is it good?

It's about as good as can be expected for a low budget TV production tbh. I quite like it!

If you have a spare six hours (or break it into parts) and like your post apocalyptic stuff it's well worth a watch imo.

Don't bother watching it, it's decent enough, but hasn't aged well.

The book is incredible. BUT the audible is amazing. The narrator does the characters so much justice, one of the best audio's i've ever listened to.

Also, it's getting remade :D

Second tusk on the audio book. It's fcuking amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,216 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Am I the only one who liked the film version of The Dark Tower?

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

It was grand, if you seperate the novels from the movie completely :D

• Advertisement

I had just finished the first book when it came out (I actually only started the book because the movie was coming out)

After all the ****e it got I never bothered watching it.

Ahh I may give this a go now!
    Sorry didn't mean to put you off your game.....

bubblypop wrote: »
    Ahh I may give this a go now!
    Sorry didn't mean to put you off your game.....

Not at all, I realised not everyone was as big an SK nerd as me is all :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Necro wrote: »
    Not at all, I realised not everyone was as big an SK nerd as me is all :pac:

Not everyone is a harry potter nerd but some of us still gave it a go lol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭wally79

Rikand wrote: »
    Not everyone is a harry potter nerd but some of us still gave it a go lol ;)

In fairness Harry Potter trivia would be slightly more mainstream than most of Stephen Kings work outside of the movie versions of it, the shining, misery etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

I have all his books on audible - I love him. Thanks Necro, love this category!!

Btw, I find it so weird that Harry Potter is more mainstream than Stephen King!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Ah fekk, now I am tempted it is Sheep

Choc Chip wrote: »
    I have all his books on audible - I love him. Thanks Necro, love this category!!

Btw, I find it so weird that Harry Potter is more mainstream than Stephen King!

Sadly tis true :(

HP books alone have sold over 500 million copies worldwide, King and his library only 350 million (still ridiculously impressive though)

If you want reach, you gotta include the kiddos lads. Remember that for your own books :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

tusk wrote: »
    If you want reach, you gotta include the kiddos lads. Remember that for your own books :P

I really didn't get the hype about HP when it came out - there was loads of stuff in YA that was already out and was just as good, if not better.

Then Twilight became big and I just gave up on trying to figure people out at all.

Advertisement