Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco 55" TV €399

Options
  • 06-07-2019 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

Tesco's Douglas cork...that's cheap

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It's also a pretty poor TV. You can get a better quality Hisense for the same price from Richer Sounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭g6fdyotp5nj2l7

It's also a pretty poor TV. You can get a better quality Hisense for the same price from Richer Sounds.

Wouldn't be well up on tvs what makes it a poor tv. Would sharp not be a better make than hisense ?

Littlewoods have the hisense 55" for 410, but they have a discount code NEW19 when you apply for a credit account with them. You can apply the code after the approval, which is instant. Also you don't have to use the credit account to buy - can just check out with your credit card. Brings the telly down to €350. Now that's a deal IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,133 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Wouldn't be well up on tvs what makes it a poor tv. Would sharp not be a better make than hisense ?

Sharp just like Hitachi, Black Diamond, Toshiba, JVC, etc are just familiar brand names stuck on generic made products these days. Branding used exactly for the reasons you think in that they are familiar so they must be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Littlewoods have the hisense 55" for 410, but they have a discount code NEW19 when you apply for a credit account with them. You can apply the code after the approval, which is instant. Also you don't have to use the credit account to buy - can just check out with your credit card. Brings the telly down to €350. Now that's a deal IMO.

There is a discount I just applied for 10% off too so it brings it to €370 if you don’t want to make a new account

Code is MJWTG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭micknail

19NEW

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

shardylan wrote: »
    There is a discount I just applied for 10% off too so it brings it to €370 if you don’t want to make a new account

Code is MJWTG

Code is invalid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

The same; Hisense actually manufacture Sharp TVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

These televisions are built by a company called UMC in Slovakia. The capacitors normally blow in them from as little as a few months to three years. Same with Vestel produced sets. There’s other issues I’ve seen other than with the PSU like AV boards.

Anything that’s not a Sony, Samsung, LG and certain Panasonic models (smart TVs) I would avoid like the plague. Although tbf I know someone with a Vestel built Toshiba that’s holding up well 4 years+ though sees very little usage.

The best time to buy a cheap Sony/Sam/LG TV is Q1 2020 when older models are replaced by newer models.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Code is invalid?

Worked for me yesterday ? Sorry don’t know why it’s invalid for you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

These televisions are built by a company called UMC in Slovakia. The capacitors normally blow in them from as little as a few months to three years. Same with Vestel produced sets. There’s other issues I’ve seen other than with the PSU like AV boards.

Anything that’s not a Sony, Samsung, LG and certain Panasonic models (smart TVs) I would avoid like the plague. Although tbf I know someone with a Vestel built Toshiba that’s holding up well 4 years+ though sees very little usage.

The best time to buy a cheap Sony/Sam/LG TV is Q1 2020 when older models are replaced by newer models.

My cheap UMC built TV has will outlasted the expensive Samsung I bought. The Samsung was brought down by burned out capacitors.

Having a brand name is no guarantee that it will be faultless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

These TVs are always grand for a kids den or spare room there never going to be LG Oled quality for the price in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭unhappyBB

I just bought this 43" 4K Philips Android TV with Ambilight for ~€460 delivered from amazon.de. So far so good. Love the Ambilight effect. HD stuff looks amazing but SD stuff doesn't look great.

https://www.amazon.de/Philips-Ambilight-43PUS7303-12-Fernseher/dp/B0794Z7R3Q/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Definitely beats the £600+ on amazon.co.uk for the same TV

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-43PUS7303-12-43-Inch-Ambilight/dp/B0794Z7R3Q/ref=sr_1_1?crid=DHRIVRCH7FTB&keywords=43pus7303&qid=1562674467&s=gateway&sprefix=43pus7303%2Caps%2C154&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Buy a tv from richer sounds and you have 6 years peace of mind

Then buy the cheap TV and you'll be sorted

Advertisement