Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The I need a job done around my House Thread

Options
  • 05-07-2019 10:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭

Loads of threads popping up for this recently.

Thought it might be helpful to have one thread which we can all refer to.

MODs if there is space can we sticky this?

Can anyone recommend a window cleaner, gutter cleaner and house cleaner in the Corbally area who will actually answer the phone or turn up.......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Looking for someone who refurbishes berg carts. Also looking for a reliable person to clean house for a few hours every second week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cleaning Fairy

kilburn wrote: »
    Loads of threads popping up for this recently.

Thought it might be helpful to have one thread which we can all refer to.

MODs if there is space can we sticky this?

Can anyone recommend a window cleaner, gutter cleaner and house cleaner in the Corbally area who will actually answer the phone or turn up.......

Hi, I am an experienced cleaner who actually shows up and needs a job (or if I can't I will have the manners to let you know that it doesn't suit me).
    You can PM me here if you are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cleaning Fairy

A2LUE42 wrote: »
    Looking for someone who refurbishes berg carts. Also looking for a reliable person to clean house for a few hours every second week.

Hi, unfortunately I don't know the first thng about refurbishing but I can take care of the cleanig part :)
    I am experienced and reliable. There are houses that I go to for more than two years now which reflects my good work and reliability. You can PM me and let me know if you are interested 🙂

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Make sure they are insured and registered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Who (or where) does a Cleaner register with ??????:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Who (or where) does a Cleaner register with ??????:rolleyes:

Revenue and an insurance company I’d imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Are you seriously suggesting that I, or the OP, should ask a potential house cleaner if they are registered with the Revenue for a couple of hours work per week ?

It's none of my business if they are or aren't. It's between them and the Revenue. I pay them and it's up to them to declare the income. Whether they do (or don't) is nothing to do with me......my only concern is that they do a decent job for the money I pay them. Nothing more, nothing less.

I didn't question your reference to Insurance so no need to reply there.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,384 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The only register they’ll be in is the Live Register.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Leonita

Great idea for a sticky!
    Can anybody recommend an electrician to do a few small jobs in the Limerick area?  I've asked several who have said they will come back to me with prices or else never answer the phone.  Preferably somebody who charges reasonable rates. 
    TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Michael Holland , Parteen. Google him and you'll get his number.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

MOD NOTE:
    All
    As requested I stickied this. Please remember the rules on this etc.
    Try keep the discussions to a min please.
    Keep the phone numbers out of it. Anyone seeing self promoting will be demoted.

Put the recommendations on this thread, sending them via PM won't help others.

Good idea having it as a sticky.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

I'm looking to have the bathrooms in our house revamped. Would anyone know someone reliable who could manage the full project i.e. tiling, plumbing, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

eljono wrote: »
    I'm looking to have the bathrooms in our house revamped. Would anyone know someone reliable who could manage the full project i.e. tiling, plumbing, etc?

Per la Casa out next to the gaelic grounds back of o maras not cheap but excellent work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

sioda wrote: »
    Per la Casa out next to the gaelic grounds back of o maras not cheap but excellent work.

Thanks for the tip!

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Leonita

Berty wrote: »
    Michael Holland , Parteen. Google him and you'll get his number.
    Thanks Berty.  Will give him a call and see how I get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Cynon

Anyone know anyone that cleans wooden blinds?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Looking for someone who can recalibrate a satellite dish for a free to air/dodgy box for the parents! Currently down to just a handful of channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,455 ✭✭✭sioda

CiaranMT wrote: »
    Looking for someone who can recalibrate a satellite dish for a free to air/dodgy box for the parents! Currently down to just a handful of channels.

Steveon that posts here always comes highly recommended

sioda wrote: »
    Steveon that posts here always comes highly recommended

Will highly recommend Steveon too. Need to get him out to my own house again actually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

eljono wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip!

They did our bathroom last summer. Delighted with the results. They do it all and tbh I found them really competitive on price. They were also a pleasure to deal with throughout. There is only one downside. We arranged everything in (I think) March. Bathroom was fit in July because they are really busy.

They are busy because they're great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

Anyone recommend someone to snag a new build house?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Any recommendations for somebody that will service a boiler, preferably somebody that works for themselves. Have always used TP Gas but the guy they sent the last time tried to get my mother to replace parts that didn't need replacing so would rather deal with someone that works for themselves rather than a company that will send some lad that works for them.

Any recommendations for somebody that will service a boiler, preferably somebody that works for themselves. Have always used TP Gas but the guy they sent the last time tried to get my mother to replace parts that didn't need replacing so would rather deal with someone that works for themselves rather than a company that will send some lad that works for them.

Bluegas.ie. Nice guy, also had TP gas out to replace a meter, GNI chose them, they offered to service the boiler and nearly started taking parts out of the van before even seeing the boiler. Told them no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

For gas service and installation, can recommend Kieran Price & sons, decent guy, won't rip you off either, Google for contact details, registered, insured etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Moon Dice

I'm looking for someone to install a dishwasher and put in a few plug sockets. I had a number for one guy but he keeps fobbing me off

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭ciarano

Looking for RECI electrician reasonably priced to install a hob /check the connection that leads to cooker and hob (small job) Old Cork Rd area Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

Any recommendations for companies for front doors? Preferably composite or passiv

• Registered Users Posts: 51,138 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Any recommendations for companies for front doors? Preferably composite or passiv

Replaced all my windows and doors with triple glazing recently by Walsh Windows off the Tipperary Road and am very happy with their work. They make them too rather than just measuring up and ordering in.

• Advertisement

Have a gravel driveway that either needs fixing(weeds taking it back) or replaced with cobblelock, printed concrete or something.

Anybody recommend a crowd that can provide a quote at least? Thanks

Advertisement