Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry Potter PEEHS

Options
  • 28-06-2019 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭

Ok guys, here we go.

Harry Potter Peehs

source.gif

This is a no-google game to increase the BANTS for me while I’m reading through your guesses :D

Any hint of googling will be met with the strictest of punishments...

giphy.gif

I expect to either do a reveal the weekend of the 6th or the 13th, depending on the amount of sign ups we get.

giphy.gif

Remember this is PEEHS, so you’re trying to get the most unique correct answer.

PM me your answers in the order of the questions.

Good Luck

giphy.gif

Name a Hogwarts Schoolteacher
    Name a Weasly
    Name a Deatheater
    Name a Member of Harry’s Family
    Pick a Hogwarts School House
    Name a Hogwarts Curriculum Class
    Name a Diagon Alley Shop
    Name a Magical Beast
    Name a Member of Dumbledore’s Army
    Name a Kidnapped Victim of the TriWizard Tournament
    Name a Wizarding Spell
    Choose a Harry Potter Book (a real life book)
    Name a Member of the Order of the Phoenix
    Name one of Harry’s Classmates
    Pick a Quidditch Related Object.
    Pick one of Voldemort’s Horcruxes
    Name a Hogwarts Ghost
    Choose one of the Deathly Hallows
    Name a Hogwarts Headmaster
    Name a Wizarding Book (all books from within the fictional universe)

Now off you go...

Dumbledore-s-got-style-harry-potter-vs-twilight-18291983-500-213.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

I've no idea if I'll enter this as my knowledge of harry potter is limited to say the least. But just to say you should probably ask for this to be moved to the main thread so it's more noticeable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

osh wrote: »
    I've no idea if I'll enter this as my knowledge of harry potter is limited to say the least. But just to say you should probably ask for this to be moved to the main thread so it's more noticeable.

Oh shoot. Thanks for the heads-up.

Enter anyways :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Done and done and entered

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Wahey! Entered :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Never read the books, only watched the films once all in a row, except the last wasn't out yet, so about a decade ago, and played ww hp theme a couple of years ago.
    Will probably do worse than the soccer sheep game in this one, as at least i was allowed google with the soccer one.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Done and entered for the laugh. I've not read the books in years and my family are all mad Harry Potter fans so I'm sure they'd be mortified at my answers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭LadySkunk

Done! Been going back to that all day, so annoying I kept picturing things and not being able to put names to faces and such.

Had to do a few sheep and faked the last one but overall pleased with myself :)

8 entries so far guys. Keep'em coming.

Gonna get Mrs. Tusk to do it as well and see how she does :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

In .
    Love Harry Potter , the books and the films , love when they show them on tv , watch them again and again :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Love the books. Hate the film's.

• Advertisement

Been listening to the audiobooks. Currently on order. They are so much better than the movies

sullivlo wrote: »

I hate that there's so much missing from the films if I'm honest , but yet I'll still watch them :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    I hate that there's so much missing from the films if I'm honest , but yet I'll still watch them :o

They're just not how I imagined the world to be. I haven't even watched the last two, even though I queued at midnight to get the book...

Same watching them for the first time after listening to the books was such a disappointment

They're just not how I imagined the world to be. I haven't even watched the last two, even though I queued at midnight to get the book...

I used to bring the kids to get the books at midnight too , surprise nighttime adventures , and we'd go to the cinema to watch the films , but I'd be giving out at the end of the film saying why wasn't x, y, z in it .

Sometimes our imaginations are better than what winds up on the big screen I think .

I only started reading at book 5 :o and only by mistake.

I was never into it, and I commented on how expensive the book was and a family member thought that meant I wanted it but couldn’t afford it so she bought it as a surprise for me so I felt I had to read it... I went on holidays a few weeks later and brought the first 4. Then read 6 when working in Spain for the summer, and 7 I queued up to buy and met my friend for a reading party.

I could be misremembering, but I'm sure i watched the first film and had a nervous breakdown about the white deer that made no bloody sense as harry's expelloramis thingy if you hadnt read the bloody books. I was so angry that i didnt watch another film after that.

I swore more than i meant to there. I was cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Choc Chip wrote:
    I could be misremembering, but I'm sure i watched the first film and had a nervous breakdown about the white deer that made no bloody sense as harry's expelloramis thingy if you hadnt read the bloody books. I was so angry that i didnt watch another film after that.

Any time something like that happens a wizard did it.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'll pass on this one. Unless every question asked was who wrote the books or who played Harry in the films I'd be setting a new wooden spoon record score.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    I'll pass on this one. Unless every question asked was who wrote the books or who played Harry in the films I'd be setting a new wooden spoon record score.

Give it a shot sure. Worst you can do is win a prize!

tusk wrote: »
    Give it a shot sure. Worst you can do is win a prize!

Nah, I'll wait until the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy sheep comes around. I presume there will be one... :pac:

hhgttg question for sheep,
    pick a number between 1 and 100.

sKeith wrote: »
    hhgttg question for sheep,
    pick a number between 1 and 100.

ec3Eu.jpg

ec3Eu.jpg

heck, that'd be the answer to all the questions! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

In .
    Love Harry Potter , the books and the films , love when they show them on tv , watch them again and again :)

Ditto, books are brilliant, TFMG&R is onto book five and loving them too.

On a side note, recently bought the chronicles of narnia, can't wait to read them again

• Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Never read a book, saw half of one of the movies

But I have played a few werewolf games based on harry potter, so I'm in :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Green&Red wrote: »
    On a side note, recently bought the chronicles of narnia, can't wait to read them again

My favourite books as a kid (showing my age: no HP when I was a kid). I was apprehensive about reading them again as an adult but they didn’t disappoint.

It’s Sheep though so no wrong answers. Others may come up with the same wrong answers as you?

• Advertisement

Nah, I'll wait until the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy sheep comes around. I presume there will be one... :pac:

Feel free to post a HGTTG one if you like.

Advertisement