Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stretched tyres

Options
  • 22-06-2019 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Does anyone know where I can get my tyres stretched. Anywhere in Louth or North Dublin. I want it so the tyre sits on the alloy. If you have a look at the two pictures you might see what I mean.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,903 ✭✭✭kirving

Are all the wheels and tyres the same size?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,386 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Saw a VW CC quite rightly fail an NCT for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭blackbox

It's a bit hard to tell from the first pic, but is the tyre actually slipping off the rim?

If so, I wouldn't drive it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Craigmc06

Are all the wheels and tyres the same size?

Yea they're all the same size

blackbox wrote: »
    It's a bit hard to tell from the first pic, but is the tyre actually slipping off the rim?

If so, I wouldn't drive it at all.

Everything is fine. I'm just looking to get the tyre stretched so it sits on the rim the way the second picture looks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭sundodger5

looks like the rim protector on the tyre. no rim protector on the others?
    tyres are either properly seated or not.
    might be useful to have a pic of the other tyre that looks ok in your opinion

sundodger5 wrote: »
    looks like the rim protector on the tyre. no rim protector on the others?
    tyres are either properly seated or not.
    might be useful to have a pic of the other tyre that looks ok in your opinion

That could be it. Originally I was thinking the tyre was stretched. Any idea where I could get tyres with the rim protector?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Depends on the tyre type. if the others have it just get the exact same tyre.
    I am sure if you go into a good tyre seller they can advise you.

Advertisement