Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 PW Draft Sign Up Thread

Options
  • 01-01-2019 1:00pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Welcome folks, and a very Happy New Year to everyone in the Pro Wrestling Forum. Looking forward to contributing a bit more over the next year, and hopefully 2019 will be good for you all.

And of course - with a New Year - means a New PW Draft!

Similar to other years, we’ll have 20 people (hopefully) competing in this years draft. The winners and draft admins of previous years will gain automatic entry to the draft, though it’s worth pointing out not all of them are even posting on boards any more.
    Of course we won't stop accepting names at 20 sign-ups, there is always a requirement for a reserve list in case one or more of the 20 has to drop out for a plethora of reasons.
    I'll be sending a few PMs around to invite previous players to come back and participate again, and also hopefully trying to get a few new players on board.

Our list of automatic sign-ups is now at 4, with my inclusion onto the list this year:

Sign-Ups:

1. Mr. Nice Guy
    2. Bounty Hunter
    3. beakerjoe
    4. Necro

Reserve List:
    1. Lord TSC

So we have 16 slots available for people to sign up to.

A brief rundown on the rules:
    Rules:

Draft Order
    The order people make their picks is decided at random, via a completely unbiased List Randomizer website (random.org). There will be a number of rounds in which the drawing order will not be random. These will be made clear at the start of these rounds.

World Titles:

World titles are considered as the following:
    WWE, World Heavyweight Title/WCW, TNA, NWA and IWGP world championship

(Note: For the benefit of the game as a whole and to reflect the realistic loss in prestige of the NWA Title, only holders of the NWA Title up until the WCW World Championship came into use will be regarded as World Champions for the purposes of the game. )

Since last year, any version of the WWE Women's Championship was also included as a part of this rule. This will continue for 2019.

Eligible Promotions:

Any - it has all changed this year. If you want to draft Bandylegs McGillicuddy from Ireland - as long as you can categorically prove he has had a pro wrestling match - he is yours!
    The only exception to this rule is in relation to tag teams - please see below.

Tag Teams:

Tag Teams come as a package so for example if you want the Authors of Pain then you don't have to pick Rezar one round and then Akam the next. The rules for tag teams are as follows:

- Cannot have a world champion in them ie no Dudleys, DX or Hart Foundation
    - Must have tagged together for at least 3 months in WWE, TNA, ROH, NJPW or anything historically going under the NWA banner.
    - Intergender tag teams not allowed
    - Members of factions, ie Wade Barrett and Rusev, are not deemed valid picks as they are not classed as legit tag teams under the criteria for the game.
    - 4 tag teams is the maximum amount of teams for each roster - this has been reduced from the 5 of previous years down by 1.

Time Frame:

None. The old pre 1970’s rule remains abolished.
    There will also be a celeb round where celebs who have appeared on wrestling TV are eligible for picks.

- people who would be considered Celebs more so than wrestlers are only eligible to be drafted in the special celeb round and not in any other round

- Managers, commentators and female wrestlers are eligible if people wish to pick them. Once they are drafted - they’re yours!

Trades:

Trades are allowed from Round 5 onwards but you are limited it 5 trades each. When a trade occurs it is superstars you are trading, not a pick in the draft, so you must be able to make the draft pick before they are eligible to be drafted, i.e all normal rules such as 4 tag team picks limit are still in effect.

Trades may be vetoed by those running the game in order to ensure a fair balance is maintained. However, this is extremely unlikely to occur for the vast majority of trades, and will only be discussed in situations where there is suspicion of other matters influencing the game.

Stip rounds:

There are a number of stipulation rounds lined up. Make sure to read each carefully, and if you're unsure what you're meant to do, ask in the discussion thread and verify your pick with an organiser - for this year it will be Necro or Bounty Hunter.

Missed Picks

The draft runs under a 24 Hour rule. In other words, you have 24 hours to make your pick from the moment the person prior to you has made theirs. This will be enforced so as not to slow down the game. If you think you are going to miss your window, PM someone a list of who you'd like and they can make your pick for you. Should you miss your window, your pick will be pushed back to the end of that round.

Side Note: As a general rule, players tend to PM the next player in line after they make their pick. This is done both out of courtesy and to ensure smooth running of the draft.

Write Up Rules

Once the picks are made and rosters are assembled, the write ups commence. Prior to last year, it has usually been a rule of 4/5 shows (weekly shows with a PPV at the end) is the maximum amount of shows a player could post.

However, to reflect the dwindling efforts of the players to commit to a huge body of work/time in reading others work, it was changed to a maximum of 4 posts.

Below is an outline of how the order of your posts may run, although variations are acceptable once they are within the guidelines of 4 posts per player:

1 post that will be your company statement – This will outline your company history and roster.

1 post that will preview your PPV – This will be a post dedicated to how your PPV came about, like a preview post. It will outline whos feuding with who, why the feuds began, how they escalated and what their status is before the PPV and how they turned into matches for your PPV.

2 PPV posts – This is your show, and the crown jewel of all your hard work. It will be the payoff to your feuds. In this post you will detail your matches that take place on your PPVs, what happened in your matches, who got their win and who took the loss, the outcome of the match and the aftermath of your feud. . Your PPV is one post but due to posting restrictions on images, you may spread your show over 2 posts if needed. (one show split into two parts, eg first 3 matches take place in part one and next 3 take place in part 2). You can have no more than 2 posts for your PPV.

Note - Rules may be amended during the contest to help run the game smoother if it's felt this is necessary but we will aim to ensure everyone is kept up to date if this has to happen.

So with all the formalities out of the way - let's get this show on the road!!

Well... momentarily.

Firstly, allow me to introduce the hosts of this year's draft....

giphy.gif

THE AVENGERS!

Each round will be hosted by a character from the franchise - and of course, some special guests. I can guarantee they have some interesting and... SUPER - stipulations in store.

DentalCanineChipmunk-small.gif

Ah shaddup Thor!

Anyways - let the signing of the ups begin!

tenor.gif

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Slight edit above - 16 places available folks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'll throw my hat in the ring again anyway. Really enjoyed it last year so back for another go.

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭daithi1989

Count me in!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Signups:

1. Mr. Nice Guy
    2. Bounty Hunter
    3. beakerjoe
    4. Necro
    5. Mr. Guappa
    6. daithi1989

Reserve List:
    1. Lord TSC

14 places left, probably slow going on account of the bank holiday. No panic yet anyways! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Ruat Caelum

I'd like to put my name in too, if thats cool.

• Advertisement

I'd like to put my name in too, if thats cool.

Welcome aboard!

Sign-Ups:
    1. Mr. Nice Guy
    2. Bounty Hunter
    3. beakerjoe
    4. Necro
    5. Mr. Guappa
    6. daithi1989
    7. Ruat Caelum
    8. paulie21
    9. JP Liz V1
    10. Alfred Borden

Reserve List:
    1. Lord TSC
    2. ShagNastii

• Registered Users Posts: 17,861 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Feck it I’ll give it another go. Count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Just to be clear, I'll give it a lash

• Registered Users Posts: 85,686 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I feel I'm out of the loop, no Christian to keep me piqued but the draft may renew my interest so I will give it a go again ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

I'm in!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I'm in!

Its like a Royal Rumble with a surprise return!

Great stuff Alfred, paulie and Liz - Good to have you aboard again :D

Thanks for confirming beaker as well.

10 slots remain...

Sign-Ups:
    1. Mr. Nice Guy
    2. Bounty Hunter
    3. beakerjoe
    4. Necro
    5. Mr. Guappa
    6. daithi1989
    7. Ruat Caelum
    8. paulie21
    9. JP Liz V1
    10. Alfred Borden
    11. Lord TSC
    12. ShagNastii

Reserve List:
    1. A Brad Maddox Guy

Following intense negotiations, Lord and Shaggers join the roster for 2019!

8 places left. Intention is to close sign ups Sunday evening, with the pick phase starting on Monday. Still time to throw your hat in the ring for some Draft fun!

Edit: ABMG has joined the reserve list for now at least also.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'll try.

I will probably fail miserably by the end, but I'll try.

Sign me up.

Welcome aboard SlickRic!

Just a little over 24 hrs to secure your place for the start of the draft, 7 places remain folks.

Aim is to start about lunchtime on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Teeing up a few ideas. The “I want him/her but can probably hold out a few rounds” talents are beaming out to me. This is a bad thing :)

Sign-Ups:
    1. Mr. Nice Guy
    2. Bounty Hunter
    3. beakerjoe
    4. Necro
    5. Mr. Guappa
    6. daithi1989
    7. Ruat Caelum
    8. paulie21
    9. JP Liz V1
    10. Alfred Borden
    11. Lord TSC
    12. ShagNastii
    13. SlickRic

Reserve List:
    1. A Brad Maddox Guy

Last call for sign ups folks, closing tonight so the round 1 order can be determined.

Picks Thread will go live tomorrow with order and stipulations (and a kind mod might sticky it as before).

If we don't fill the 20 places I'll add ABMG to the roster. So minimally 14 sign ups which should mean every roster will be packed with top level talent from around the globe!

Advertisement