Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Year Beers

Options
  • 24-12-2018 7:06pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Let's set a date for some new year beers. Is there a date in January when most of us can get together???

Comments

Saturday 5th?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Can do that date.

quickbeam wrote: »
    Can do that date.

I'd like to finally get to a beers, and I'm off that night whereas I'm working the night before.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Can do 5th

All Eyes On Rafah

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

5th is good!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

5th could work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

The 5th is a Saturday :D will try...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Tempting..... I finish work for four days on the 5th.

No excuses them. Come on down.

Did we set a venue?

• Advertisement

No. Open to suggestions.

Oscars?

Necro wrote: »
    Tempting..... I finish work for four days on the 5th.

Do it! I'm still planning on not pulling out of this :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭sullivlo

Do it! I'm still planning on not pulling out of this :pac:
    I’ll take “bad forms of contraception” for $500 please.

Pter wrote: »
    Oscars?

Yep, hasn't let us down yet. We've not done it on a Saturday yet though, so hopefully it's as good.

I'll ask about a booth tomorrow.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Alright fook it I'm in. What time are we thinking so I have time to have a nap first :pac:

8?

Also deadly you can come

8 is fine, can make that work I think. Won't be heading out as early as myself and sKeith did the last time anyways :pac:

• Advertisement

In work that day, so unlikely to make it out until 7pm at the earliest. In work the following day too so won't be a late one for me anyway. No reason you guys can't meet before that though if you want.

8 works for me but 7 does too.

Either or for me, I'll be in Dublin for about 6pm anyways. Ticket booked this evening :D

Spot booked for 8 people in Oscars.

What time?

The table is from 8. But they will hold the table from about 7 to make sure its free for us.

Any sign of Poly this weekend QB?

Pter wrote: »
    Any sign of Poly this weekend QB?

Did ask but unlikely as she’s not in Dublin this weekend.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

I think I can make this.

• Advertisement

quickbeam wrote: »
    Yep, hasn't let us down yet. We've not done it on a Saturday yet though, so hopefully it's as good.

It is the deadest Saturday of the year...I couldn't find decent work even if I looked for it :D Hopefully we'll be fine.

Bear in mind I'm coming from the sticks folks, so I have to...

1) Apply to the village elder for permission to leave.
    2) Make sure my turnip quota for the week is collected.
    3) Get my vaccinations and booster shots.
    4) Do the the village send-off parade where I'll be wished well by the inhabitants and blessed by the local priest.
    5) Correctly answer 3 riddles posed by the troll at the creek on the way out of the village.

It shouldn't be too much strife. The turnips are almost collected, I got my vaccinations. Only thing is the troll is me cousin, and there was a bit of hassle in the extended family over Christmas about a contentious acre of land. Hope he realises that that's all our geebag auntie's fault, and that he will just pose me 3 regular riddles.

Oscars is in Smithfield, yeah?

Advertisement