Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-12-2018, 09:49   #1
Boards.ie: Niamh
Boards.ie Community Manager

Now ye're talking - to Santa Claus!

Merry Christmas everybody! Ok it might be a little early for Merry Christmas for some of you but one man who is in the throes of Christmas preparation right now and all year around is Santa Claus.

Thanks to An Post we have teamed up with the man himself for an Ask Me Anything!

Santa Claus has taken time out of his busy schedule to answer your questions here. I believe he is still reading through the letters he has received from boys and girls around the world and sorting them into a 'Naughty' and 'Nice' pile...with the help of some elves. Here's hoping we're all on the Nice List!

If you have questions about elves, reindeer, Santa's sleigh, does Santa prefer milk or whiskey, has he received your letter yet, now is your chance to ask Santa Claus.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Portrait_Santa_Claus.jpg (114.9 KB, 1217 views)
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
05-12-2018, 12:27   #2
sydthebeat
Subscriber

wheres me fcuking bike !!!!!!!

05-12-2018, 12:40   #3
Sundew

What happens to the Santa letters posted late on the 24th?

Do your elves need any special qualifications to answer the said letters?

Do you work amongst others in disguise or do you have your own private quarters?

Thanks Santa for taking time out of your busy schedule to do this A.M.E

Happy Christmas! :-)
05-12-2018, 12:49   #4
xieann

hey santa. what's your favourite Irish Toystore? Your impartiality here prompts my question.
05-12-2018, 12:52   #5
Tabnabs

If Santa (or his elf representatives) are listening to all the boys and girls, at all times, and He knows if they've been bad or good, like some sort of Juletide Alexa, why do the kids have to write a letter?
Advertisement
05-12-2018, 12:54   #6
punisher5112

Merry Christmas is American....

Can we not have it as it's suppose to be....

Happy Christmas.....

Keep the change you filthy anilmal oh and a happy new year.....
05-12-2018, 15:05   #7
I'm Santa Claus, AMA
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by sydthebeat View Post
wheres me fcuking bike !!!!!!!

Syd, Syd, Syd...it was language like that that got you onto the naughty list in the first place and it looks like you're there for another Christmas. Try harder for 2019 and we'll see what we can do for you next Christmas.
05-12-2018, 15:12   #8
razorblunt

What is The Donald getting for Christmas?

Is Leo getting another Moncler jacket? He said the last one was from you.

How heavy is your sack?
05-12-2018, 15:17   #9
Noveight

What's yer favourite type of biscuit to have left out?
Advertisement
05-12-2018, 15:19   #10
sydthebeat
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Santa Claus, AMA View Post
Syd, Syd, Syd...it was language like that that got you onto the naughty list in the first place and it looks like you're there for another Christmas. Try harder for 2019 and we'll see what we can do for you next Christmas.
sorry santa !

i will, i promise !!

(3) thanks from:
05-12-2018, 15:20   #11
I'm Santa Claus, AMA
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundew View Post
What happens to the Santa letters posted late on the 24th?

Do your elves need any special qualifications to answer the said letters?

Do you work amongst others in disguise or do you have your own private quarters?

Thanks Santa for taking time out of your busy schedule to do this A.M.E

Happy Christmas! :-)
Letters posted on Christmas Eve will still reach us on time in the North Pole and we always have some extra toys ready for the inevitable last minute change of mind so no one will go without.

The elves don't need any special qualifications to answer the children but they need to know how to read the children's letters (the 2-5 year old age group in particular are a tough one to crack), how to decipher children's drawings (not as easy as it sounds - that green blob you thought was a tree might actually be a football) and to be a tall enough elf to hold a pen and write a letter.

I work among the elves when we are under pressure but they generally have it all under control. They just need me to supervise or give feedback on new toys and gadgets or sometimes to adjudicate the occasional squabble (!).
Myself and Mrs Claus have our own quarters where we can have some quiet time in the evenings when all the work is done. It's much needed after listening to the elves singing and hammering and drilling all day! Mrs Claus likes a glass of mulled wine or two in front of the fire to unwind.

You're very welcome Sundew and a Happy Christmas to you too!
05-12-2018, 15:21   #12
bubblypop

Hey Santa, why did my Mam have to pay you for presents ( therefore restricting requests) & the other kids just asked for & got whatever they wanted???
05-12-2018, 15:21   #13
I'm Santa Claus, AMA
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by xieann View Post
hey santa. what's your favourite Irish Toystore? Your impartiality here prompts my question.
Xieann, the elves would be very upset if I chose any toy store in the world over their workshop toys so I'm afraid this one is a 'No Comment' from me.
(3) thanks from:
05-12-2018, 15:23   #14
alchemist33

Do you accept any responsibility for my grandmother's injuries?
05-12-2018, 15:29   #15
I'm Santa Claus, AMA
Verified representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabnabs View Post
If Santa (or his elf representatives) are listening to all the boys and girls, at all times, and He knows if they've been bad or good, like some sort of Juletide Alexa, why do the kids have to write a letter?
Hello Tabnabs, a very good question, very good indeed. Well you are right to an extent of course, we do have a very good idea of what a lot of children would like to receive from Santa Claus each year. But it is nice to get a written order as it were so that we can get cracking on making the right number of each toy.

Also, every year there are children who want to test me out to make sure I am the real thing. They will tell their parents and their friends and their siblings that they want one thing...and secretly write a letter to me that they actually want something else! So in that case, the letter that they write is invaluable - if we only listened to what they told everyone, we'd leave the wrong thing under the Christmas tree Disaster!

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion