Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSD i70 connection fault

Options
  • 28-11-2018 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭

Hi

I have recently had a GSD i70 alarm installed and am having a problem with the network connection today. All was fine going to bed last night but when I tried to launch the app this morning it was coming up network too slow and app wouldn’t open. Throughout the day I’ve gotten a couple of communication path failure alerts and now the alarm panel is flashing a fault on and off not continuously. When I try to set the alarm using the panel it is coming up with a fault that svr is disconnected when the fault light is active.

I’m with virgin BB and everything else is working on WiFi. I’ve rebooted the modem to no joy. Could this be weather related or a problem with the alarm WiFi card?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Berkeley

Duvetdays wrote: »
    Hi

I have recently had a GSD i70 alarm installed and am having a problem with the network connection today. All was fine going to bed last night but when I tried to launch the app this morning it was coming up network too slow and app wouldn’t open. Throughout the day I’ve gotten a couple of communication path failure alerts and now the alarm panel is flashing a fault on and off not continuously. When I try to set the alarm using the panel it is coming up with a fault that svr is disconnected when the fault light is active.

I’m with virgin BB and everything else is working on WiFi. I’ve rebooted the modem to no joy. Could this be weather related or a problem with the alarm WiFi card?

Same here contacted my alarm company and they said GSD doing an upgrade. Said it would be done by 5.

Network connection still down and I am sure they are supposed to have an always up time????

• Registered Users Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭altor

Berkeley wrote: »
    Same here contacted my alarm company and they said GSD doing an upgrade. Said it would be done by 5.

Network connection still down and I am sure they are supposed to have an always up time????

Did no one contact you of the server been down?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Berkeley wrote: »

Thanks at least I know what was wrong. Seems to be back up fully this morning app launches and alarm can be set etc from it. And so far no fault light flashing on panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭stiofanD

My GSD alarm had the same problem yesterday. This morning, the alarm panel looks fine, but I can no longer use the app. I've tried a few times and it either complains of no/low internet connection or it just times out trying to login.

Anyone else having an issue with the app?

My app was fine this morning. But now is showing up as low or no internet connection. Had that failure for pretty much all of yesterday. Occasionally the app would launch but wouldn’t show the event logs and was saying alarm was set when it was under etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭RootX

Same issues here since yesterday. Just called them there and customer support forwarded me an email

"Dear Customers,

Please accept our apologies for the disruption in service that some GSD customers are experiencing today.

GSD engineers are working with one of our infrastructure providers to resolve their latency problem that is causing GSD customers to experience a poor service from the GSD i70 App.

In some instance customers are not able to use their GSD i70 App to control their alarm system.

GSD will keep you updated during the afternoon of any changes, currently we are expecting to have the issues resolved before the close of business today.

Thanks for your continued support.

GSD Customer Support. "

Still not working this morning :mad:

stiofanD wrote: »
    Still not working this morning :mad:

Have they no back up server?

I’ve had no network connection on alarm panel constantly since last night which means overriding the error fault each time alarm is activated. I rang GSD this morning to query it and got no answer so sent an email and got the generic one that rootx got. I then received a call back off GSD who said they hoped to have it fixed by later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭sphinx501

I came here looking to ask for help with a connection error - thanks!

Mine is showing an SVR Disconnected thought it was a hardware fault with the WiFi module good to know!

Does anyone know if the SMS module is affected or just the WiFi? Should I not be able to use the app with SMS is it just used as a secondary for notifications?

• Advertisement

The app doesn't login for me either, so even with a backup path, I don't think the app is working

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi all

GSD have notified Installers with the following communications.
    From what I've seem only some customers are affected.

“Dear Customers,

Please accept our apologies for the disruption in service that some GSD customers are experiencing today.
    GSD engineers are working with one of our infrastructure providers to resolve their latency problem that is causing GSD customers to experience a poor service from the GSD i70 App.
    In some instance customers are not able to use their GSD i70 App to control their alarm system.
    GSD will keep you updated of any changes, currently we are expecting to have the issues resolved over the weekend.

Thanks for your continued support.
    GSD Customer Support. “

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭sphinx501

Looks like it is back working, comms failure no longer visible on the panel and app working.

Not working for us still, managed to log in to the app but trying to set the alarm results in a communication error.

Same here. App will open but says alarm is set when it’s not and not showing recent event logs. Haven’t seen the fault light flashing on the alarm since I came home though.

stiofanD wrote: »
    The app doesn't login for me either, so even with a backup path, I don't think the app is working

Its the server that the connection comes from so no matter what paths available it wont work unless the server is.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Mine just came back online.

I was told it was a cloud issue, have to get a cause/solution from them for work reasons.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its a latency issue with the provider in question.
    Nothing to do with a particular server. Also not a network issue with mobile networks as others would claim.

Ours seems to have started working as well but the events/logs aren't updating.

Updated communication from GSD this morning

Dear Customers, GSD would like to confirm the server platform latency issues were resolved by our infrastructure provider in the early hours of Saturday morning. GSD engineers have since tested and validated the performance of the system and are happy to report that all is working well. GSD would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused to GSD customers as a result of this reduced service. Thanks for your continued support.

• Advertisement

KoolKid wrote: »
    Its a latency issue with the provider in question.
    Nothing to do with a particular server. Also not a network issue with mobile networks as others would claim.

Have GSD no back up for when problems arise like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Diggerdunne

So their fiber carrier to the server was having latency issues. Any reputable firm has 2 paths with 2 different carriers to each site and so fails over to the path B when path A has issues, it’s basic cabling infrastructure management... if this is not right who is to say what else is not managed right???

We have been using GSD Apps for more than 5 years now.This has been the first outage, which speaks for itself when it comes to reliability.
    Knowing the GSD team, no stone will be left un-turned to avoid any re occurrence.
    I don’t expect GSD would discuss or would like discussed,technicalities on a public forum, it being a security solution.

So their fiber carrier to the server was having latency issues. Any reputable firm has 2 paths with 2 different carriers to each site and so fails over to the path B when path A has issues, it’s basic cabling infrastructure management... if this is not right who is to say what else is not managed right???

Have to agree, set up 5 years with no back up :eek:

I don't think you fully understand the issues involved. GSD have asked we don't go into too much detail on a public forum as I stated earlier.
    I'm sure if you contact Peter he'll be more than happy to explain in more detail.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

KoolKid wrote:
    I don't think you fully understand the issues involved. GSD have asked we don't go into too much detail on a public forum as I stated earlier. I'm sure if you contact Peter he'll be more than happy to explain in more detail.

All I think that is wise

I will close this thread now.

I will ask for two things though.

A) Please watch for being seen as a proxy company rep.

B) Please remember this position the next time there is an internal error with other systems that a poster may not use or may not be aligned to.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement