Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

£114 Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite - (Dual SIM) 32GB 3GB RAM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Seems expired?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Absoluvely wrote: »
    Seems expired?

Showing active for me

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Is it a good upgrade on the A1? Low light camera better?

118£ about after Irish VAT applied. same price as sites like eglobal but with Amazon customer service.

great phone - stock android, great battery life, modern looks and not too big. well built. camera is fairly decent.
    micro usb but charges in about 2 hours. 4000mah battery and efficient chip mean long battery life - 2 days easy for a lot of people.

32gb would be enough for the user who isn't going to be installing a ton of apps or big apps.

amazing how budget phones have improved - this is actually a very good phone.

one point that may deter some is no fm radio natively built in (would have to root phone to get it properly - you can get it through a test cycle without rooting but would have to leave sceen on).

the low light camera is ok but can be made very good by enabling camera2api and installing the latest google camera with night sight. don't have to root but a bit of fiddling. check xda forum for how to do it.
    low light no better than a1 natively but a more modern-looking phone with a better screen and battery life is probably a bit longer also. also longer updates supported over mi a1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

yeah still shows as active,brilliant phone own m1 and cant complain has all features of the phones that cost 5-6 times that, only minor fault with m1 was that signal would be quite weak now its more down to reception and area but it hasn't best antenna, hoping that got fixed on m2.

that said battery holds strong usb c connection charges in few hours, fingerprint sensor, no rubbish apps and quality is good as any major brands, can extend memory by using one sim slot for micro sd card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Three have the Huawei P Smart for 79.99 plus 20 euro top up
    Seems to be similar spec wise

https://www.three.ie/online/voice/prepay/huawei-p-smart/?src=p

Zardoz wrote: »
    Three have the Huawei P Smart for 79.99 plus 20 euro top up
    Seems to be similar spec wise

https://www.three.ie/online/voice/prepay/huawei-p-smart/?src=p

nowhere near as good i'm afraid imo

battery life nowhere near as good, no stock android without bloatware uninstallable apps and updates, camera worse, not as well built, screen not as good quality, cpu not as good.

does have fm radio if that's important.

not a terrible phone but not really as good at all as mi a2 lite.

good for the money for 100 euro I suppose. sim-locked to three?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I saw this on HUKD. I've finally jumped. . .should probably get another one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Thats a good deal, been keeping an eye on the 64gb version, was €160 on amazon.es for the past two weeks. Today........€199.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

just looked review no usb c connection apparently on this one, not major thing but for the cost i doubt theres hardly any better phones out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭BazzyB

Just bought 2 for the parents for Christmas. Have a mi max 2 myself and love it other than it being a tad large with a poor camera but 3 day battery life so its all give and take.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,404 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Is it better than the Honor 9 Lite for 119? I thought the honor was a better phone?

TheDriver wrote: »
    Is it better than the Honor 9 Lite for 119? I thought the honor was a better phone?

depends what you want

mi a2 lite will have significantly better battery life.

camera wise probably similar

honor 9 lite probably looks nicer but also probably more prone to breaking in a fall due to glass back.

cpu wise the mi a2 lite a bit better.

if you know about stock android and value the advantages of a clean interface with no extra manufacturer bloatware apps and ongoing security updates and longer support then the mi a2 lite also wins. stock android is also more fluid/ smooth in operation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Zardoz

TheDriver wrote: »

I thought the Honor 9 Lite and Huawei P Smart were almost the same phone bar a few differences ?

Zardoz wrote: »
    I thought the Honor 9 Lite and Huawei P Smart were almost the same phone bar a few differences ?

similar but honor 9 looks nicer / better build

probably has a better screen than p smart

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Just ordered one. Note:
    Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.

Just ordered one. Note:

I got an estimate of Mon Dec 3.

sometimes this happens when there are a lot of orders and stock might be out.

with black friday the amazon orders seem to get delayed due to the volume of orders to process in general also - you won't get the same quick service as normal.

understandable.

Nothing at all happening with this order. Not impressed with Amazon, and my Prime membership is useless at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,404 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I was onto them there and mine is going for dispatch today apparently...........

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Now unavailable. Balls. Was in the market for a spare phone my note 3 (my spare) has now become so sluggish that it's definitely time for it to retire.

• Advertisement

Now unavailable. Balls. Was in the market for a spare phone my note 3 (my spare) has now become so sluggish that it's definitely time for it to retire.

135. no customs issues. comes through EU

https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/xiaomi-mi-a2-lite-3gb-32gb-dual-sim-black.html

allow 7 to 10 days.

probably quicker than amazon the way it has been shipping these.

glasso wrote: »

allow 7 to 10 days.

Allow 5 weeks in some cases (been there).

allow 7 to 10 days.

Ordered.

Thanks for that!

Allow 5 weeks in some cases (been there).

The site I bought from is telling me 6-8 working days.

Is it just Amazon that's slow?

eglobal a week to 10 days - that's been my experience over a number of items. some people have had bad luck with them but that is not the norm case where a whole shipment gets stuck somewhere or maybe where an item is very new and stock is short and there's a delay. that's not the norm. think 10 days in your mind and be happy if it arrives sooner. it says 6 to 8 working days so with weekends that is more like a week to 10 day calendar days. some people have got that phone recently from them in 5 days. as I said - allow 10 to avoid annoying yourself.

amazon is usually reliable but not in this case with this item on the black friday orders.

My last order from eGlobal took 5 weeks.

This order from Amazon was placed on the 23rd of November and doesn't look like it will be fulfilled - payment authorisation has expired and Amazon can only tell me this "won't happen with future orders".

I think it's just me TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Currently unavailable it says on Amazon.

eglobal a week to 10 days - that's been my experience over a number of items. some people have had bad luck with them but that is not the norm case where a whole shipment gets stuck somewhere or maybe where an item is very new and stock is short and there's a delay. that's not the norm. think 10 days in your mind and be happy if it arrives sooner. it says 6 to 8 working days so with weekends that is more like a week to 10 day calendar days. some people have got that phone recently from them in 5 days. as I said - allow 10 to avoid annoying yourself.

amazon is usually reliable but not in this case with this item on the black friday orders.

Said they'll email when it's dispatched with full tracking so I'll update the thread.

Thanks again.

Said they'll email when it's dispatched with full tracking so I'll update the thread.

Thanks again.

I bought one from there a while ago - same phone took 10 days - didn't get dispatch notice for 3/4 days but got it about 5 days after it did dispatch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Currently getting this message :(

Item Under Review

While this item is available from other Marketplace Sellers on this page, it's not currently offered by Amazon.co.uk because customers have told us there may be something wrong with our inventory of the item, the way we are dispatching it, or the way it's described here. (Thanks for the tip!)

We are working to resolve this as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may still find this product available from other sellers on this page.

Advertisement