Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

15-11-2018, 10:25   #1
Stone Deaf 4evr

The Great Big Annual 'Xbox for Christmas / Dummies' Thread

These usually pop up around this time every year, and with the Black Friday deals starting to go live from tonight, I figured now is as good a time as any.

So any parents, partners, significant others, casual acquaintances with questions on the various ins and outs of Consoles, Subscriptions, Deals and hardware, this is probably the place to post any and all queries you have, rather than trying to sort through each individual thread dedicated to the same subject - there's a great bunch of folks in here who are very quick to help.
Advertisement
15-11-2018, 11:07   #2
murpho999

Where will Black Friday deals be live from tonight?
15-11-2018, 12:42   #3
D_turbo

Xbox one X for 415€ with battlefield 5, sound good or best hold out for black Friday?
15-11-2018, 12:56   #4
Stone Deaf 4evr

Quote:
Originally Posted by murpho999 View Post
Where will Black Friday deals be live from tonight?
Amazon.co.uk is going live tonight, xbox.com has deals live now.
Thanks from:
15-11-2018, 12:57   #5
Stone Deaf 4evr

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_turbo View Post
Xbox one X for 415€ with battlefield 5, sound good or best hold out for black Friday?
Sounds good to me, that console is usually 500 without a game, and Battlefield is 70 in gamestop so good savings there.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
15-11-2018, 13:01   #6
D_turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Deaf 4evr View Post
Sounds good to me, that console is usually 500 without a game, and Battlefield is 70 in gamestop so good savings there.
Sounds very good to me, but don't want to see maybe the Forza bundle or FIFA would go cheaper .but think I'll take the plunge ..can't see it dropping much if any less at all
15-11-2018, 14:14   #7
murpho999

Quote:
Amazon.co.uk is going live tonight, xbox.com has deals live now.
Ok, sterling falling as well thanks to Brexit. Could be perfect.
15-11-2018, 14:15   #8
murpho999

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_turbo View Post
Where?
15-11-2018, 14:35   #9
Soarer

Right, I'm gonna chime in here (think I may have asked some of this previously, but can't remember!).

Have an Xbox One S that the kid has taken control of, and that's in the play room. It was mine, and all my games are on it.
I'm the "adult" on that box's Family, with him as the "child".

Have an OLED that's screaming out for a One X, so I'm thinking of treating myself.
Have the whole surround sound setup in the same room too. Unfortunately, we sleep directly above the living room, so the surround sound is more than likely out.

So I guess I'm looking for a One X with or without games, and a good quality set of (Atmos enabled) surround sound headphones.

Any recommendations?

As an aside, can my games library be shared across both boxes? Or do I have to remove them from his and onto mine?
Advertisement
15-11-2018, 15:03   #10
D_turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by murpho999 View Post
Where?
Was Littlewoods. But the code was an error.
I had it in the basket but didn't pull the triggers till lunch, at that stage they had updated the code... electronic weren't to be included
15-11-2018, 15:21   #11
Stone Deaf 4evr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarer View Post
Right, I'm gonna chime in here (think I may have asked some of this previously, but can't remember!).

Have an Xbox One S that the kid has taken control of, and that's in the play room. It was mine, and all my games are on it.
I'm the "adult" on that box's Family, with him as the "child".

Have an OLED that's screaming out for a One X, so I'm thinking of treating myself.
Have the whole surround sound setup in the same room too. Unfortunately, we sleep directly above the living room, so the surround sound is more than likely out.

So I guess I'm looking for a One X with or without games, and a good quality set of (Atmos enabled) surround sound headphones.

Any recommendations?

As an aside, can my games library be shared across both boxes? Or do I have to remove them from his and onto mine?
I'll answer the easy question- you can sign into any xbox console, anywhere and have access to your digital library of games. so buy your new console, set it up, sign in, and off you go.
Thanks from:
15-11-2018, 15:29   #12
Soarer

Quote:
I'll answer the easy question- you can sign into any xbox console, anywhere and have access to your digital library of games. so buy your new console, set it up, sign in, and off you go.
I thought that was gonna be the awkward part!
15-11-2018, 15:30   #13
CatInABox

Mod: Xbox, ZTest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soarer View Post
There's something called family sharing/home sharing that'll take care of this, google should sort you out there.
Thanks from:
19-11-2018, 11:51   #14
Johnny_Fontane

This is definitely a question that could be in the dummies section!

so the young lad wants fortnite on the xbox. Is this a free game, I cant seem to buy it other than in a bundle.

Apologies in advance!
19-11-2018, 12:04   #15
JoyPad

I'm sure it's free, my son was able to download it, no payment needed.
Can you try on the website?

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion