Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Black Friday

Options
  • 15-11-2018 2:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Do you feel that it is worth waiting till black Friday to buy a PS4 currently. I don't think the deals will be great this year and I ordering it online so it may take longer to come just wanted to hear another opinion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Is it for a present and need to have right away? No harm in waiting to see what deals come out of BF

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Why don't you think the deals will be great this year? A deal is a deal and there have been discounts on PS4 on Amazon the last few Black Fridays

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Oathkeeper

Yeah but im afraid that if something ever happens to the PS4 it's appt easier to go to GameStop and bully them into helping them than Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 19,990 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Oathkeeper wrote: »
    Yeah but im afraid that if something ever happens to the PS4 it's appt easier to go to GameStop and bully them into helping them than Amazon

I've never had any problems with Amazon with replacing anything faulty ! Found them easy enough to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Isco

I had a faulty PS4 which I bought from Amazon two and a half years before. I had no trouble in getting a full refund from them. Found them remarkably easy to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

I have always found Amazon customer service excellent to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 19,990 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

grebtol2 wrote: »
    Nonsense. As much as I hate their labour practices their customer service is truly excellent.

Ammm , that's what I said !!

I had the original PS4 ordered early off them. They said they could not fulfil the order due to lack of stock. I said I would have ordered it very early, they apologised and sent me the PS4 for free, less me paying the tax on it !!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭grebtol2

Nonsense. As much as I hate their labour practices their customer service is truly excellent.

So I guess that Amazon is trustworthy then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Littlewoods doin Fifa bundle PS4 Pro deal for €399. Use the code HOME for 20% off works out at €319, great deal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭rat catcher

So I guess that Amazon is trustworthy then

I can only say good things about Amazon, very professional with any problems I have ever had!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Great value OP - bought four!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Littlewoods doin Fifa bundle PS4 Pro deal for €399. Use the code HOME for 20% off works out at €319, great deal

This is the real bargain alert. If you trade FIFA 19 into CEX it brings the cost of a new PS4 Pro to under €300 (€319-€35). I honestly can't see this being beat on Black Friday. Nice work.

So, how bad is Littlewoods to deal with?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭listermint

This is the real bargain alert. If you trade FIFA 19 into CEX it brings the cost of a new PS4 Pro to under €300 (€319-€35). I honestly can't see this being beat on Black Friday. Nice work.

So, how bad is Littlewoods to deal with?

I've found Littlewoods to be crap. Tbh..poor customer service long delivery times on goods they don't have in stock.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    gamestop will tell you to deal with playstation and fob you off, amazon have one of the best returns policies going and the prices are much better
    gamestop are a shower of gangsters and only good for trade in deals

get yourself a revolut card if you havent got one already and be ready to strike when amazon drop their prices, and if you arent quick enough do a price comparison with gamestop and amazon regular price

Hi what is a revolut card and what are the benefits thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Hallaz

That's a top spot, BIG THANKS for that code.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Does anyone know what is the Littlewoods/FIFA 19 bundle PS4 Pro model?

Apparently, the latest one is part of the RDR2 bundle and is meant to the quietest to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,667 ✭✭✭✭listermint

MayoForSam wrote: »

Apparently, the latest one is part of the RDR2 bundle and is meant to the quietest to date.

No one can know that tbh.

And id highly doubt it's new PS4 Pro stock.

Most likely existing stock.

Does it really matter though i think the internet makes alot of noise of the significance of a fan change tbh.

MayoForSam wrote: »

It's the cuh-7116B. RDR2 bundle comes with 7216B.

I just bought it. If I can sell a brand new copy of FIFA 19 for €45 on adverts, this will have cost me €275, which is a deal that just won't be beat on Black Friday. Here's hoping it gets to me within the agreed delivery date now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Is the copy of FIFA on the littlewoods deal a digital code or a disc?

• Advertisement

Physical disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Griff75

Is anyone else having trouble getting the littlewoods code to work? It’s showing as not valid for me since last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Hallaz

Griff75 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having trouble getting the littlewoods code to work? It’s showing as not valid for me since last night?

It seemed to have only worked for a few hours. Still works for HOME goods but not for consoles. I'd say someone made a boo boo but a few benefited before they copped on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 kevin55

I think you should wait there can be a good black Friday deals for ps4 come up in few days

• Registered Users Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭ALS

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 kevin55

ALS wrote: »

€289 ... sell your copy of Red Dead 2 to CEX for €58, Brand new PS4... €231

That's Great OFFer! thanks for sharing ALS

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Stiro05

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Good price ALS
    ALS wrote: »

And you get six months to pay for it too, which comes in handy if money is tight. I bought this last week and can confirm the game is on disc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭loki7777

Can you return unopened ps4 in case you would find it cheaper at other shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭WolfSpinach

https://www.game.co.uk/en/1tb-playstation-4-pro-with-red-dead-redemption-2-doom-the-last-of-us-remastered-and-now-tv-2540788

For PS4 Pro, the best appears to be Red Dead 2 bundle + DOOM + Last of Us Remastered + NowTV 2 months for £364. £14 for the extras appears to be the best I've seen (I have DOOM on PC, so I guess I'd flog that).

I'm holding out in case something better comes along. Maybe an Amazon "as new" Red Dead 2 bundle if the the 20% Warehouse Deal discount comes through.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭roro1990

https://www.game.co.uk/en/1tb-playstation-4-pro-with-red-dead-redemption-2-doom-the-last-of-us-remastered-and-now-tv-2540788

For PS4 Pro, the best appears to be Red Dead 2 bundle + DOOM + Last of Us Remastered + NowTV 2 months for £364. £14 for the extras appears to be the best I've seen (I have DOOM on PC, so I guess I'd flog that).

I'm holding out in case something better comes along. Maybe an Amazon "as new" Red Dead 2 bundle if the the 20% Warehouse Deal discount comes through.

Game don't ship orders over £100 outside of UK according to their website.

Advertisement