Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving company

Options
  • 11-10-2018 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking for recommendations for a moving company if anyone has any suggestions. I know there are a lot of companies out there but I'd always prefer a recommendation.

Looking to move from South Dublin to Wicklow, roughly a 60km journey. Haven't got a massive amount of stuff, I reckon 1 box lorry load would bring all we have. Not confident to drive one myself so hiring one isn't an option.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

Two trips in a long wheel base transit? I drove a Fiat 500 the first time I drove one and apart from reverse parking the thing (partner required) it was easier (and in some ways more fun) to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

We used an eastern European guy with a lorry, I need to look up the name, he's based on the Northside somewhere.
    He helped loading, he drove the truck and my partner was going with him, he unloaded with us and brought things inside.
    It was a 100 km journey and the price was very reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Hi all,

I'm looking for recommendations for a moving company if anyone has any suggestions. I know there are a lot of companies out there but I'd always prefer a recommendation.

Looking to move from South Dublin to Wicklow, roughly a 60km journey. Haven't got a massive amount of stuff, I reckon 1 box lorry load would bring all we have. Not confident to drive one myself so hiring one isn't an option.

Many thanks

I'll pm you .
    We used a company to move to the far end of the country recently.

Don't underestimate the amount you have to move. We thought s Luton it turned into a truck.
    They came, assessed our requirements and had 2 men on site to move us. We also held stuff in storage for a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,949 ✭✭✭3DataModem

I’m a firm believer in leaving this to the professionals.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭Juwwi

I used a guy of Adverts ,couldn't recommend him enough ,his fee was 50 euro a hour last year .

Very strong guy helping with loading and unloading was no problem for him at all .

If you want his number l can pass it on .

Edit he had a box van and is based in Finglas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Baybay

Happy to recommend DJ Hanley in NewtownMountKennedy, Co. Wicklow.
    As already said, it’s easy to underestimate the amount of stuff you have plus the packing to secure it all. While we thought we had whittled down what we wanted to bring to the bare minimum, we still needed their large truck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭adocholiday

Thanks everyone for your replies. To those that offered I'd really appreciate it if you could pass on the details of the guys you used. Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Sunrise_Sunset

Baybay wrote: »
    Happy to recommend DJ Hanley in NewtownMountKennedy, Co. Wicklow.
    As already said, it’s easy to underestimate the amount of stuff you have plus the packing to secure it all. While we thought we had whittled down what we wanted to bring to the bare minimum, we still needed their large truck.

About what price were they?

Advertisement