Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-09-2018, 10:45   #1
GGTrek

Is Hosuing minister Murphy at the end of the line?

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-37352036.html
Tonight at 8pm a motion of no confidence in Murphy is scheduled to be discussed and voted in the Dail: https://www.oireachtas.ie/en/dail-sc...ate=2018-09-25
if FF abstains and just one of the FG TDs abstains Murphy will fall since all the hard left and SF will vote to support the motion (very similar situation to the infamous Anti Eviction bill that was presented in Jan 17) and this will cause a big shock wave in the govvie and even more instability in the housing situation in Ireland (which is already very unstable). Maybe they will do a last minute deal. The TD in question Catherine Byrne is just a Nimby supporter in her constituency and does not want affordable and social houses built.
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
25-09-2018, 10:57   #2
power pants

He needs to go immediately. He didn’t magic enough free houses in the right areas from his ass hole to the likes of Margaret cash

Shame, shame on you

I’m entitled!!!!!!
25-09-2018, 11:05   #3
Saints#33

He 100% needs to go.

I emailed his office 2 weeks ago about a shady estate agency and was told "estate agents are not his remit".

Have you ever heard such nonsense.
(2) thanks from:
25-09-2018, 11:09   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGTrek
if FF abstains and just one of the FG TDs abstains Murphy will fall since all the hard left and SF will vote to support the motion (very similar situation to the infamous Anti Eviction bill that was presented in Jan 17) and this will cause a big shock wave in the govvie and even more instability in the housing situation in Ireland (which is already very unstable). Maybe they will do a last minute deal. The TD in question Catherine Byrne is just a Nimby supporter in her constituency and does not want affordable and social houses built.
Byrne has an eye to the impending GE. Supporting Murphy won't guarantee her a seat. Blocking social housing on behalf of her constitutents will.
(2) thanks from:
25-09-2018, 11:35   #5
bluelamp

Only 30 of the units were to be social housing. Over 400 were to be cost rental.

It makes me sick that she has opposed this based on a lack if infrastructure in inchicore.

Two luas stops within a 5 minute walk, at least 5 Dublin bus routes, cycling distance of town, a Dublin bike station around the corner in kilmainham, 5 minutes to the m50 and m7, probably under a mile from heuston station, there's a Tesco, eurospar and Londis. Walking distance to the war memorial gardens and the Phoenix park. Primary schools, secondary schools, and a college of further education.

Nearly 500 apartments with affordable rent would have been the best thing to happen to the Dublin housing market in years.

It's not exactly an upper class area either, I don't know what she's protecting here.

I hope this ends her career.
Advertisement
25-09-2018, 11:36   #6
power pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints#33 View Post
He 100% needs to go.

I emailed his office 2 weeks ago about a shady estate agency and was told "estate agents are not his remit".

I spoke to him personally 2 weeks before he took up this position and I discussed a housing matter and he told me

I have no real knowledge of the housing sector, I’m minister of financial services

Utter cretin
25-09-2018, 11:58   #7
KaneToad

Quote:
He 100% needs to go.

Definitely needs to go. I called his office about a loose slate on the roof of my house. Got a similar brush off. Outrageous.
25-09-2018, 12:00   #8
Wanderer78

Doesn't matter who goes in, as this is currently unresolveable
25-09-2018, 12:05   #9
power pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer78 View Post
Doesn't matter who goes in, as this is currently unresolveable
That’s true, it’s a poison chalice from years of ignoring
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
25-09-2018, 12:08   #10
Wanderer78

Quote:
Originally Posted by power pants
That’s true, it’s a poison chalice from years of ignoring

It's a mess, an extremely complicated mess, and it doesn't look good for the immediate future, not just for tenants, but for homeowners to.
(2) thanks from:
25-09-2018, 12:09   #11
power pants

Actually Erica Fleming (gone very quiet now she got what she wanted, yet always made out her protests were for the people)

Margaret cash (forever home)

I believe these 2 should be in charge
25-09-2018, 12:09   #12
zell12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneToad View Post
Definitely needs to go. I called his office about a loose slate on the roof of my house. Got a similar brush off. Outrageous.
Indeed. You should've gone to a Labour member for a solution
25-09-2018, 12:24   #13
Assetbacked

The nonsense spouted by populist spoofers on the "homeless crisis" is not what working people are concerned about. The fact that large chunks of tax-payers income is hoovered up by rent (while all other general expenses like insurance, utilities etc. remain high) is the bigger crisis; it impacts a far larger number of people and is most definitely a greater threat to social and political stability than the "10,000 homeless" who need a free house.

Catherine Byrne not supporting Murphy because of her view on his performance as housing minister, while at the same time campaigning against social housing in her constituency, is a perfect example of a populist spoofer. She is caught blind in the headlights and has once again been shown up for the hypocrite she is.
25-09-2018, 12:31   #14
dudara
Administrator

Quote:
He 100% needs to go.

Contact the Property Services Regulatory Authority

http://www.psr.ie

Back on topic - Murphy is damned if he does and damned if he doesn’t. It’s a poisoned chalice, and I’m not sure what having a no-confidence vote is trying to achieve, other than destabilise the government.
25-09-2018, 12:34   #15
Polar wizard adventure

Definitely needs to go. I called his office about a annoying buzzing my fridge is making. Got a similar brush off. SF are the only ones who can solve this crisis.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion