Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin Media

Options
  • 18-08-2018 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Came home from work today to find my sky sports HD channels were removed from my package that I pay for. I spend 30 min on the phone to them to be told I have to sign up to a new contract to get new horizon box to get back the package I already pay for. I’m being Forced to sign into another contract.
    I’m moving from the current location to new house at Xmas where virgin media can’t provide the service and I’m expected to pay €200 to cancel the service because they can’t provide it in new house location.
    I have been a coustomer of UPC/Virgin Media for over 15yrs on the full package, so I gave them a lot of money over the years. So their loyalty department say there nothing we can do for you...
    “no new box unless I sign up” loyalty me arse

So between no notifications of the change of my package and trying to shaft you for €200 for something that they can’t provide. No wonder they are losing customers.

I even said I’d take their broadband deal with horizon box ( increase in monthly bill) until Xmas if they won’t tie me into a new contract.

No can’t do that either....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

They sent out letters alright saying they will be removing Sports HD from all non horizon boxes

Bit sneaky all the same trying to lock you in contract when they have given you no other choice.

Thought they might sort people out but obviously not.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,353 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Avoid the Horizon Box. Its like a North Korean torture device.

All Eyes On Rafah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

They will give you a deal if you leave though. (fr 3 -6 months)

Which is even crazier.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,936 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

beauf wrote: »
    They will give you a deal if you leave though. (fr 3 -6 months)

Which is even crazier.

Mad isn't it ??? I remember paying about 140 a month for everything.

5 euro increase a month came in. 5 x 12 is 60 quid.

I said I'll cancel and was given half price for 9 months.

So instead of getting 60 quid off me for the year with the new increase I actually gave them 630 euro less per year.

I'm in contract yes but makes no sense at all. They will get 3 months full price and I'm back on the phone again getting 9 months again when the next fiver increase comes along.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Doniekp

Ya with them for 15 yrs. always had full package. Was bad enough losing setanta sports and Bt sports last year over them penny pinching with Eir over broadcasting rights. Now it’s the sports HD package. SD sucks on the big tv.

It’s this cancelation charge is what gets my back up. €200 charge because they can’t provide you with the service. A fooking Joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Doniekp

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    They sent out letters alright saying they will be removing Sports HD from all non horizon boxes

Bit sneaky all the same trying to lock you in contract when they have given you no other choice.

Thought they might sort people out but obviously not.

I nevered received any letter about removing sports hd from non horizon boxes.
    Sneaky isn’t the word...
    Had a girl ring me from Virgin offering the horizon box free, No new Contract. I stated to her only if no new contract as I was moving soon and was paying the cancellation fee.
    No, she assured me that I won’t be tied into me contract. I couldn’t meet in the installer on agreeded date and had to reschedule.
    So rang VM was chatting to a guy this time and I said this isn’t tied me into a new contract.
    Yes sir this is a new contract. Couldn’t tell me who the girl who was lying through her teeth trying to sell me the horizon box. More lies...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭wally1990

Doniekp wrote: »
    I nevered received any letter about removing sports hd from non horizon boxes.
    Sneaky isn’t the word...
    Had a girl ring me from Virgin offering the horizon box free, No new Contract. I stated to her only if no new contract as I was moving soon and was paying the cancellation fee.
    No, she assured me that I won’t be tied into me contract. I couldn’t meet in the installer on agreeded date and had to reschedule.
    So rang VM was chatting to a guy this time and I said this isn’t tied me into a new contract.
    Yes sir this is a new contract. Couldn’t tell me who the girl who was lying through her teeth trying to sell me the horizon box. More lies...
    Awful however I prevuiusly worked in a call/contact Centre in sales and unfortunately there was staff who would lie to close a sale.

If we caught these calls in our checks we would fire the staff member for Misselling

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,472 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

If they have removed those channels then surely it is a change of contract, so no €200 disconnection fee?

Also, request a copy of that call from the girl. Just do it in writing and they will need to supply it to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

It's been a disaster since it launched, can't believe they haven't addressed the issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,985 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

gimli2112 wrote:
    It's been a disaster since it launched, can't believe they haven't addressed the issues.

I had one for a year and actually left virgin for sky based on the horizon box experience alone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

Ask them to pull the call records. You verbally agreed that there is no minimum term.

If they're not willing to retrieve those, make a formal complaint and use the term "formal complaint".

If that doesn't get a response, involve ComReg.

Operators aren't allowed to mislead customers like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,391 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

wally1990 wrote: »
    Awful however I prevuiusly worked in a call/contact Centre in sales and unfortunately there was staff who would lie to close a sale.

I'm shocked, shocked to hear that a salesperson would stoop to telling lies.

Claude-Rains-Casablanca.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14 paddyk162

Have a question about Virgin boxsets.. when you go into their on-demand service you get ads for Virgin boxsets. One ad that keeps playing is one for Grey's anatomy. It tells you its available and all 13 seasons are there. Has anybody been able to watch it? It tells you its in boxsets - you go to box sets, search for and it's not there. cheers

Advertisement