With all the interest in the heat wave, I almost forgot to post a July contest thread.
Here we go then ...
1. Predict the IMT, mean temperature at five locations in Ireland (Claremorris, Casement, Mullingar, Oak Park, Shannon) for July, 2018. The 1981-2010 "normal" value is 15.5 deg C.
2. Predict the MAX temperature at any regularly reporting Met-E station as reported in the Monthly Summary (and daily in the "yesterday's weather" section of their website), during July.
3. Predict the MIN temperature during July (see above for overview).
4. Predict the PRC (rainfall at this time of year) as a percentage of normal values (1981-2010) at eleven locations, namely Ballyhaise, Cork, Malin Head, Belmullet, Cork, Johnstown Castle, and the five locations for the IMT (section 1 above), during July.
5. Predict the SUN (sunshine) as a percentage of normal values (1981-2010) at six locations, Belmullet, Casement, Dublin, Shannon, Cork and Valentia, during July.
6. BONUS ... Predict the max temp in the 25 stations reporting for yesterday's weather section of the met.ie website on Friday 6th of July and location. Points will be seven for your temperature forecast, and three for location, where you get all three for right location, two for picking second or third warmest, and one for picking any station that beats or ties Markree (not added to higher scores even if valid, e.g., you pick the right location and it beats Markree, still only three points for thee). If no location chosen beats Markree then we all score zero unless somebody picks Markree then they would score one or more. Superbonus of 2 for (7+3) and 1 for (6+3 or 7+2).
Deadline for entries 0300h Sunday 1st of July, then 1 point deducted for every four hours late to 0300h 3rd July, then 1 point per hour.
Good luck !!! and stay cool (this is easy for me, 15 C max here today).