Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

23-05-2018, 20:08   #1
a post punk

Boards Golf Society-Mitchelstown-June 16th-11:00am

Hi Lads
Midway through the outings this is my home course we are playing next up.As I said at the start of the year we needed to play a few courses with more competitive green fees to make the average outing at a good price..... so Mitchelstown is one of those.
I know people might be expecting me to be the hot favourite here but be warned! it is a hard course with some quality holes that are scorebreakers to even the best of golfers!!
"Come and play the 4th hole. It's Index 1 and it reminds me-don't laugh-of augusta.The hole drops to a flat fairway around a few lone pines and the green sits behind the river in the shadows of the majestic trees"
High praise from Kevin Markham indeed
Now that were finally playing summer golf I would expect the course to be in great condition and hopefully we get numbers back to normal here.Its only 5 minutes from the main Dublin-Cork motorway and pretty much 5 minutes into the Cork border so not a long haul journey.
The cost of this outing is 30euro to members and 35 to visitors who are always welcome.
Talk soon
PP
Advertisement
23-05-2018, 20:56   #2
Macker1

I would love to be attending this outing especially the Captains Home course but I'll be away on holidays that week. Best of luck and I hope everyone has a great day.

Sorry Captain.......
(3) thanks from:
23-05-2018, 22:30   #3
davegilly

I'm on me holliers as well. Hope to resume again at Palmerstown!!
(2) thanks from:
23-05-2018, 22:37   #4
a post punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macker1 View Post
I would love to be attending this outing especially the Captains Home course but I'll be away on holidays that week. Best of luck and I hope everyone has a great day.

Sorry Captain.......
No problem Macker, enjoy the holidays
(2) thanks from:
24-05-2018, 09:55   #5
benny79

A win on the Captain's course in the Rebel county ...ahhh what dreams are made of..
(4) thanks from:
Advertisement
24-05-2018, 10:09   #6
spacecoyote

I'm going to a gig back in Dublin that day (Flight of the conchords). It was originally supposed to be on a few weeks ago but had to be rescheduled because one of them was injured. Have a meal booked before it too.

Won't make it to Cork & back in time so going to have to miss this one Captain.

Really sorry about this, the dates have been working against me this year.
(2) thanks from:
24-05-2018, 11:09   #7
charlieIRL

Mod: Golf, ZTest
Bring it on!!!
(2) thanks from:
24-05-2018, 12:25   #8
kennethrhcp

I wont make it again sorry lads... thankfully this time it's due to a friend's wedding & not a golf ball to the head (if anyone wants to see a disgusting pic of said ball to the head I can post it on here... not nice tho!)

have a great day lads!!!
24-05-2018, 14:33   #9
benny79

Are you getting honorary membership Ken??
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
24-05-2018, 14:49   #10
kennethrhcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny79 View Post
Are you getting honorary membership Ken??
haha I doubt it, meant to be sorting us with a round soon again. hopefully it goes a bit better than the last day... 3 pars from 4 holes tho... I doubt i'll do any better
Thanks from:
24-05-2018, 14:53   #11
benny79

A round soon?? You for real?

Id be straight onto a solicitor and I wouldn't be settling for anything less than honorary membership + 20,000 at minimum!!
(2) thanks from:
24-05-2018, 15:02   #12
kennethrhcp

Quote:
A round soon?? You for real?

Id be straight onto a solicitor and I wouldn't be settling for anything less than honorary membership + 20,000 at minimum!!
typical Dub (JOKE!!!)

i'm sure they'll sort me out next time i'm down, i'm not one for the suing culture... was an accident. mightn't have been handled great but shur we'll see what happens
Thanks from:
24-05-2018, 15:03   #13

Aye aye Captain. Will be just back from me holliers. So will be out for the shot back for later in the year
(2) thanks from:
24-05-2018, 15:35   #14
benny79

Fair enough not really one myself but I be looking for honorary membership at least just because of the course it is! and you would never afford it otherwise unless your 6 numbers came up on the lotto! imagine teeing it up in the next Pro-am with Rory or Shane

P.s Just make sure you at least get a free boards outing there and maybe a overnight stay with a free bar.. least they could do
(4) thanks from:
24-05-2018, 15:44   #15
kennethrhcp

Quote:
Fair enough not really one myself but I be looking for honorary membership at least just because of the course it is! and you would never afford it otherwise unless your 6 numbers came up on the lotto! imagine teeing it up in the next Pro-am with Rory or Shane

P.s Just make sure you at least get a free boards outing there and maybe a overnight stay with a free bar.. least they could do
now i'm not saying I wouldn't accept a few perks
(2) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion