Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a cracked Switch screen fix?

Options
  • 09-05-2018 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

As is inevitable with a portable device like the Switch, my son managed to drop it and crack the screen. The touch screen still works fine and it's one long but thin scratch so everything is still visible.

I'm trying to figure out if it's worth getting it repaired. It's annoying but everything is working. I believe getting officially repaired via Nintendo could be quite expensive (my son offered some of his confirmation money to pay for fixing it). Anyone go through that process yet? How much would it cost? It's still under warranty, but I'm assuming a cracked screen is not covered.

I've got stuff repaired via Nintendo in the past and it's a bit of an odd experience. The last time was my son's 2DS and their warehouse burned down so they had to give us a new 2DS! I also don't want to send the switch off without backing up our save games and I don't see how we can do that.

Are there Irish places that repair Switch screens and does anyone recommend any?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cammy

I'm assuming it's just the "glass" bit, the display is working fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 cammy

For prosperity sake, and anyone else stumbles across this thread, I got a quote to just fix the glass part from a place in Bray for around €80.

Advertisement