Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Station Manor Portmarnock

Options
  • 24-04-2018 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

I have put a deposit down on a 4-bed house in this new development.

Looking for like minded souls who have also put down a deposit so we can share information on the development, interactions with estate agents, useful information you have found about the area/development.

We have now provided the agents with our solicitor details so expecting to receive contracts in the next couple of weeks. Has anyone else progressed on the process?

Has anyone been told a realistic move in/snag date? We were originally told July/August but even when putting down our deposit, one of the ladies was mentioning Sept/Oct time.

One thing I noticed was that some of the gardens had two tiers which I am not a fan of. I don't think it is safe for young children so we will be requesting a single tier garden if possible.

Has anybody been told what the plans for the green area are? Playground, tree's, benches etc?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Hi, welcome to Boards. I think your question is much better suited to the Accommodation & Property forum so I'll move it in there. There will still be a link in Dublin County North.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Congratulations.

Lovely houses. I quite like the finish on the exterior.

Fast track planning was recently granted for 150 houses/townhouses across the road. Station road is certainly geting busier.

A new park connecting lower Portmarnock (south of Station road) to Baldoyle recently got the go ahead and will be finished by Dec 2019, all going to plan. This will include a dedicated cycle path.

The train station car park fills up quickly in the morning so I'd be worried about people parking their cars in the estate. Hopefully the management company can get a parking plan up and running soon.

Best of luck with the purchase. Hopefully it goes well and there are no major delays for you. Its a lovely neighbourhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 D3110

Yes I do like finish on them, I wasn't sure about them when I saw them going up but when you see the finished article, they are nice. I live close by so walk past them most days!

I am aware of the planning for further development in St.Marnock's Bay. The area is generally going to go through a lot of development over the next few years. And Station Road can only get busier. They could really do with widening it in places!

The train station is very busy, car park always full before 8. I would hope that the management company will have a parking plan ready to implement once move in starts but we'll see.

Thanks, exciting times ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 HereToLearn

Has anyone tried to make any changes to the kitchen layout and had any luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SuperJohn8

Great idea D3110! We have a 4-bed house on The Green.

Our solicitor rang us to say our contracts are in!!! We have been searching for a house for over year so it is a weight off our mind, now to deal with solicitors, estate agents, decorators etc :-) I really hope it is a smooooooth process!
    We were told the houses would be ready for July/August time. We are currently living back with parents so time cannot go quick enough to July! I hope it does not drag out any longer than this!!! We have not been in contact with DNG since confirming our deposit and solicitor.
    Have you been out to see the estate since the launch? I drove past it last weekend but the barrier was up so we couldn't go down for a peek at how our house was developing!
    Re kitchens: We were told that the kitchens would be same as showhouse. We took this at face value, although we were happy with what we saw in the showhouses so no complaints there ;-)

Anyways, very exciting, great to think that in only a few months we will be living in our own house, woop woop!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 fedeg

Hi!
    We have a 4-bed house on The Avenue.
    Anybody knows when the houses will be ready for the snag?
    Months ago they told us that we could move at the end of July, but it seems at the end of August if we are lucky...
    I'm a little worried :(

We have been in touch with DNG a couple of times over the past couple of weeks. We were told that they would have started snagging a couple of weeks ago but there is some delay with the ESB connections. Latest I heard was that they were hoping to start snagging this week but don't know if that is the case.

We were told snagging would be in the following order:
    The Green
    The Way
    The Avenue

Hopefully we all get good news over the next coulple of weeks.

If anyone as heard anything different, please let us know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 827 ✭✭✭pxdf9i5cmoavkz

What is the internet connectivity looking like there?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 GiroudSomeMawn

D3110 wrote: »
    We have been in touch with DNG a couple of times over the past couple of weeks. We were told that they would have started snagging a couple of weeks ago but there is some delay with the ESB connections. Latest I heard was that they were hoping to start snagging this week but don't know if that is the case.

We were told snagging would be in the following order:
    The Green
    The Way
    The Avenue

Hopefully we all get good news over the next coulple of weeks.

If anyone as heard anything different, please let us know!

Heard that builders are sending out invitation to snag for The Green this Friday. We shall see

What is the internet connectivity looking like there?

No idea about broadband but 4g on the phone is good and strong with 3 anyway on site

• Advertisement

Heard that builders are sending out invitation to snag for The Green this Friday. We shall see

Really? DNG told us only yesterday that the Green wouldn’t be snagging for at least another few weeks.

Really? DNG told us only yesterday that the Green wouldn’t be snagging for at least another few weeks.

Your update is more up to date in that case, I was told that last Friday. Not ideal

Your update is more up to date in that case, I was told that last Friday. Not ideal

Did you end up snagging or hear anymore about it?

Did you end up snagging or hear anymore about it?

No, radio silence unfortunately. Had been told last week to expect a mail from the builders and that The Green would be 1sr to snag. Wait goes on!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Sassikez

Hi all, we have been told there is no date for our snag (although one side of the Green started snagging on Friday numbers 7-13) to be honest we are totally frustrated with the whole process. DNG told us we would be snagging end June / start July initially. We have planned accordingly and now are in a situation with no home and finding short term rentals are impossible! Will post when we hear back from DNG next week (if he bothers to call with an update) ��
    Pls if anyone has updates do let us know? Thanks so much

Sassikez wrote: »
    Hi all, we have been told there is no date for our snag (although one side of the Green started snagging on Friday numbers 7-13) to be honest we are totally frustrated with the whole process. DNG told us we would be snagging end June / start July initially. We have planned accordingly and now are in a situation with no home and finding short term rentals are impossible! Will post when we hear back from DNG next week (if he bothers to call with an update) ��
    Pls if anyone has updates do let us know? Thanks so much

Far from anl ideal situation and some people may have offer letters from Banks lapsing soon also... Small consolation being that if those houses have started snagging it eases the fear that there's some bigger problem at play. Will keep chasing this week and post any updates

Hi all, not much good news out there so! It is very frustrating and I feel for those who have given up long term accomodation in anticipation of a move in date. I am surprised DNG were telling people such an early date. I had thought in my head it would be Sept time and then DNG told us in July that snagging was starting the next week. We therefore started to buy furniture and now are at a stage where the furniture has to be delivered to somewhere!
    One thought I have had recently, as I live locally, I pass the site regularly and am wondering if it would be safe for us to move in if they are still building the houses for phase 2? I wonder are they planning (without telling us) to complete these houses before allowing us to move in, and if that is the case, why wouldnt they plan this and tell us so we could plan accordingly.

I hope we hear of some progress next week, thanks all for posting and if you hear anything further, let us know, cheers

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

D3110 wrote: »
    One thought I have had recently, as I live locally, I pass the site regularly and am wondering if it would be safe for us to move in if they are still building the houses for phase 2? I wonder are they planning (without telling us) to complete these houses before allowing us to move in, and if that is the case, why wouldnt they plan this and tell us so we could plan accordingly.

It's not a very likely scenario to be honest. It would mean the builder is voluntarily opting to postpone payment for phase 1.

Graham wrote: »
    It's not a very likely scenario to be honest. It would mean the builder is voluntarily opting to postpone payment for phase 1.

Cheers. Makes sense. I was thinking from a safety point of view, with all the heavy machinery, could they have people and kids close by. I could not imagine living in the estate as it is, I don’t think it would be safe. Amd phase 2 will not be completed any time soon.

We have been staying with friends since start of August, if I am totally honest, this process and dealing with DNG been a nightmare for us. All we can hope is that we get a call this week to snag and start the process. I think realistically we are at the very least 5-6 weeks out from closing. We have to move in with or without the roads/builders still there as our Old Home is sold and we are living out of suitcases!

• Advertisement

Agent this morning says snagging will not now take place til Sept. No confirmed dates. Taking that into account, my guess is October move in now!

Oh no!!! That’s awful news .....

Update - agent says the same to us - we could be called at any time in Sep no date “it could be in any of the 30 days” which is totally unhelpful. Not sure what’s going on with the delays now. Why if they have started the first five homes why not carry on and do row by row? Living out of suitcases with small kids is not a good place to be in, now potentially another full month !! Just fed up to be honest. ��

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DAFK

Hi all, has anyone heard anything? Does anyone know if the initial snagging on the green took place? or are they snagging at the moment?

DAFK wrote: »
    Hi all, has anyone heard anything? Does anyone know if the initial snagging on the green took place? or are they snagging at the moment?

Agent says likely call to snag mid-late Sept potentially, pushing for more definitive timelines now so hope to hear more this week

Hi all, any updates? We didn’t hear anything this week unfortunately 😫

Sassikez wrote: »
    Hi all, any updates? We didn’t hear anything this week unfortunately 😫

No, last Monday we were told update re dates by end of week. No update provided. Went by at the weekend and the houses seem ready to go

Phase 2 is launching this weekend if anyone wants to try and arrange to go down and view the show houses again.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Colonel Claptrap

Any word on prices?

• Advertisement

Maybe they should focus on finishing Phase 1 ��

Advertisement