Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi MiKey <<< Possible, Offline FM Radio with Bluetooth Devices!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,831 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

The Mikey app was deleted be Xiaomi a couple of years ago. I have a Mikey & a Xiaomi phone. I tried all the mikey apps in the play store & non work. Some features work for a while but then the apps stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,207 ✭✭✭corkie

Discodog wrote: »
    The Mikey app was deleted be Xiaomi a couple of years ago. I have a Mikey & a Xiaomi phone. I tried all the mikey apps in the play store & non work. Some features work for a while but then the apps stop.

I got it as a bargain, more to protect the socket.

The bonus, of enabling the FM radio without a wired headset. The reception can be crap at times, since no aerial. Use your body as the aerial improves things.

Button press only seem to work occasionally, and I already have my other hardware keys and fingerprint assigned to trigger common actions.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,831 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I was hoping that someone might of found an app that works

Discodog wrote: »
    I was hoping that someone might of found an app that works

mSwitch App seems to work.

But converting it to a system app, doesn't enable extra options, so paying for the unlocker is bit redundant. (I think the dev, use to provide a recovery flashable zip to make it a system app, but yet to source it.)

With GravityBox Actions, I can do some of advance options without needing them unlocked in the app. (i.e. Toggle Data/Wifi).

Haven't really put it to the test in the day I have it, as said already I have other hardware keys mapped to do my common actions.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

mSwitch partially updated to support oreo!

Only able to choose long press options now.

Maybe the developer can patch it more for compatibility.

Still works to use FM Radio without wired headset, Bluetooth.

Even with a new phone, the MiKey is still in my backup phone and not my new device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I have a Nokia that does it for free.

Advertisement