Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Free £5 voucher off £25 spend at Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭Doge

I was trying to get this to work for ages and it turns out at least for me, items fulfilled by Amazon are not included. It has to be Amazon direct.
    So now I have to try and figure out what I need over the next month that can be purchased from Amazon direct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Cheers.

Does anyone know if there's any way to use One4All vouchers on Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

They don't take One4All anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭FranklinMint

Getting an error on chrome mobile

I presume you have to go to the pc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

a few hours too late :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Got it thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,030 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Getting an error on chrome mobile

I presume you have to go to the pc
    Yes, only works on PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

You are not eligible for this promotion.
    This promotion is not available in your current locale. Please check your setting by going here: country settings.
    For questions on offer eligibility, please review Terms & Conditions or let us help.

FYI Works after switching country to uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭honda boi

Managed to get to the point of it saying promotion applied but when I go to the checkout with items sold directly by amazon it not using the £5 promotion.
    Any suggestions?

honda boi wrote: »
    Managed to get to the point of it saying promotion applied but when I go to the checkout with items sold directly by amazon it not using the £5 promotion.
    Any suggestions?
    It wouldn't work for me initially last night so had to close my browser, open it again, and search for the item in Amazon Assistant (the plugin). Then checkout and seemed to be fine.

• Advertisement

Doge wrote: »
    I was trying to get this to work for ages and it turns out at least for me, items fulfilled by Amazon are not included. It has to be Amazon direct.
    So now I have to try and figure out what I need over the next month that can be purchased from Amazon direct.

Does it hold for a month?

^ Yeah, just under a month to claim it.

Screen_Shot_2018-04-08_at_14.52.42.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

**** had that ****e extension already installed (never use it)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

cronos wrote: »
    You are not eligible for this promotion.
    This promotion is not available in your current locale. Please check your setting by going here: country settings.
    For questions on offer eligibility, please review Terms & Conditions or let us help.

FYI Works after switching country to uk

Can I ask how you do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,575 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

my fiver was applied according to the message on screen but I can't see it or use it. I tried closing browsers and searching using the assistant. EDIT: I started with an empty basket and added each item using the assistant. then the Assistant discount of the fiver is at the checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Asus X540L

TheDriver wrote: »
    my fiver was applied according to the message on screen but I can't see it or use it. I tried closing browsers and searching using the assistant. EDIT: I started with an empty basket and added each item using the assistant. then the Assistant discount of the fiver is at the checkout.

Thanks m8 that worked for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,861 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Basq wrote: »
    Follow instructions here: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/BIT/aapromo?ie=UTF8&bitCampaignCode=a0050

Just used this in combination with another voucher on the Nvidia Shield.

You can remove the toolbar after you use it or whatever!

Got it thanks!

Is anyone getting this to work on items only fulfilled by Amazon

Haven't tried it yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Is anyone getting this to work on items only fulfilled by Amazon

Haven't tried it yet
    It hasn’t worked for me with fulfilled items. Only stuff sold directly from Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Hmm.

447803.jpg

• Advertisement

This Extension seemed to be crashing my browser so had to remove it :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Was hoping to redeem this against an item I had me eye on and only noticed now that the item is reserved exclusively for Prime Members. I know Amazon are pushing Prime and offering free delivery etc. for Prime members but I wasn't aware that they were actively excluding non-Prime members from buying certain items :(

skerry wrote: »
    Was hoping to redeem this against an item I had me eye on and only noticed now that the item is reserved exclusively for Prime Members. I know Amazon are pushing Prime and offering free delivery etc. for Prime members but I wasn't aware that they were actively excluding non-Prime members from buying certain items :(

You could always create a new account.

Also check if you are eligible for another Prime trial as I've been able to renew the Prime trial 2 times on some of my accounts.

You can use the same credit card on multiple accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Apt8

As far as I know the only Prime exclusive items are Pantry items, which aren't going to ship to Ireland anyway.

What's the item?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Apt8 wrote: »
    As far as I know the only Prime exclusive items are Pantry items, which aren't going to ship to Ireland anyway.

What's the item?

It's a Tado Smart radiator thermostat. I've bought them before from Amazon. Unless you have a Prime account you can't buy it direct from Amazon. Can only get it from other sellers which are considerably dearer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

They do limit certain items as prime only for a week or two.

Had my eye on a pc case and monitor and both were prime only for a week or two

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lookyhere

sugarman wrote: »
    Are you saying you used VPN to switch your region to the UK? Seems like a lot of hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭mad m

I clicked redeem and it said I was not eligible due to location. Just got onto chat and they applied it manually...Took few minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭honda boi

Basq wrote: »
    It wouldn't work for me initially last night so had to close my browser, open it again, and search for the item in Amazon Assistant (the plugin). Then checkout and seemed to be fine.

Sound basq.
    Easiest £5 I've got :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,067 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

thanks OP.... now I have to find something to buy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Vidcon

Tusky wrote: »
    Cheers.

vPlus lets you convert it to prepaid MasterCard

https://www.one4all.ie/retailer/spend-online/v-prepaid-virtual-mastercard-account.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭jones

Ok what is the deal with this can you only buy certain items? I redeemed it but cannot find any reference to the fiver anywhere? If i put something in my basket its saying the full price

EDIT nevermind!!!

As well as items sold directly by Amazon it's picky about combined items under £25 each in value.

I tried using an item under £25 and a second item to bring it over the 25, both sold directly by Amazon and it wouldn't work.

Then I tried replacing the 2nd item with an "add-on item" and it worked fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Ah feck that. The only way it'll allow me to use the voucher is if I transfer all my kindle content to the UK store.

What does kindle have to do with this? Not worth it for me. Books always way cheaper on the US store.

Thanks OP just used mine there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Nice one Basq - just used mine there too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Deedsie wrote: »
    Does anyone know what date this has to be used by?

Think it was mid May.

Mezcita wrote: »
    Think it was mid May.

On hotukdeals it says the end of this month.
    Unless they extended it. I'll check the comments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,797 ✭✭✭ablelocks

Doge wrote: »
    On hotukdeals it says the end of this month.
    Unless they extended it. I'll check the comments.

has to be used by May 7th according to the sign up page open in front of me...saves you a trip to hkud

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭iHungry

Any tips guys because I tried to claim it but says my location isn't covered. I'm in Dublin and I tried changing my default address to my uk Parcel motel address but nothing changed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,719 ✭✭✭cronos

iHungry wrote: »
    Any tips guys because I tried to claim it but says my location isn't covered. I'm in Dublin and I tried changing my default address to my uk Parcel motel address but nothing changed.

For me I had a kindle & alexa which meant my account was on amazon.com, so had to change it to to UK. But may be a different issue for you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Tusky wrote: »
    Cheers.

anyone know this?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

cronos wrote: »
    For me I had a kindle & alexa which meant my account was on amazon.com, so had to change it to to UK. But may be a different issue for you.

changed to uk and still doesnt work hmm

Trying to use this now. It only works when the item is over £10 is that right?

Doesn't kick in until I add something over that price despite my basket being full of "sold by Amazon" items and it's well over £25.

EDIT: ok I see now all the items adding up to £25 have to be sold by Amazon ...

so you can't have some items sold by other sellers as part of the £25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Could you top up a gift card as it won't (for me anyway) give me the discount for items fulfilled by amazon. Can't find anything I need that is sold directly by amazon and I'm not going to buy something just to get a fiver off.
    Gift cards are sold by amazon so I imagine that would work.

Reg'stoy wrote: »
    Could you top up a gift card as it won't (for me anyway) give me the discount for items fulfilled by amazon. Can't find anything I need that is sold directly by amazon and I'm not going to buy something just to get a fiver off.
    Gift cards are sold by amazon so I imagine that would work.

Gift cards are basically cash so I doubt they'd count.

Advertisement