Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lord of the rings triloligy special dvd extended edition

Options
  • 19-02-2018 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭

Hi folks im intending to watch this 3 box set shortly ,

can someone tell me in the box set there are 4 dvds per triloligy, it has the special extended edition

two of and two dvds called the appendices, is this the shorter version of the films ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Nope they are the extras. If you want the shorter versions of the films you have to buy them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

As above, the extended editions each film is split over two discs. They have something like 9 commentaries each too. (Director, cast, production, etc etc)

Take the time to watch all the making of docos on the appendices discs.
    They’re fascinating and easily as enjoyable as the film in a lot of ways :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭falinn merking

torrevieja wrote: »
    Hi folks im intending to watch this 3 box set shortly ,

can someone tell me in the box set there are 4 dvds per triloligy, it has the special extended edition

two of and two dvds called the appendices, is this the shorter version of the films ?

Thanks

You need to watch the Hobbit extended editions trilogy first as it provides background and context it is really a six part saga.

The acting dialogue and effects in the Hobbit movies way surpass the 3 Lord of the Ring movies.

The Lord of the Rings is good but the Hobbit will blow you away.
    The Hobbit trilogy was inspired by the Star Wars prequel trilogy so you know it's good.

Lord-of-the-rings-Hobbit-Movie-Marathons.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Watched these last week. (The original trilogy) and it’s still superb.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Relikk

You need to watch the Hobbit extended editions trilogy first as it provides background and context it is really a six part saga.

The acting dialogue and effects in the Hobbit movies way surpass the 3 Lord of the Ring movies.

The Hobbit trilogy was inspired by the Star Wars prequel trilogy so you know it's good.

etimRF0.gif

• Advertisement

THEre is an amazing fan edit out there of the hobbit. All three films cut down to one film and as accurate to the book as can be. All that extra nonsense cut out completely.
    It’s worth looking up. Think Peter Jackson even endorsed it.

Drumpot wrote: »
    Watched these last week. (The original trilogy) and it’s still superb.

They’re timeless classics. Can’t think of anything comes close in the old school Spartacus cinema epic field, made in the modern age and bridging us to the past as well the LOTR. Stunning achievements.

*theyll be remade any day now. Watch.

Relikk wrote: »
    etimRF0.gif

Well I would totally recommend the Hobbit trilogy for anybody who enjoyed Highlander 2 Waterworld and Catwoman.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

A real treat if you have trouble sleeping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭torrevieja

i did i watched the hobbit last month

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

david75 wrote: »
    THEre is an amazing fan edit out there of the hobbit. All three films cut down to one film and as accurate to the book as can be. All that extra nonsense cut out completely.

Second this. It condenses the hobbit trilogy down to 4 hours and loses nothing important in the process.
    A much tighter, more focussed movie instead of the rambling original.

I’m still a huge fan. I bought swords. Aragorns Gandalfs and Sting. They’re huge.
    If anyone wants them pm me
    They need a new home (and I need the cash)

Is there a similar fan edit for lord of the rings ?

Is there a similar fan edit for lord of the rings ?

Not to my knowledge. But up pops the question why there would need to be?

Are you not into it? That’s grand. But I’d say it’s worth watching all the way

How far in are you?

Not to my knowledge. But up pops the question why there would need to be?

Are you not into it? That’s grand. But I’d say it’s worth watching all the way

How far in are you?

Hi David ,

ive watched the Hobbit i enjoyed that but tthis lord of the rings triloligy is the extended version which i know will go on for ever unless i use the remote

Hi David ,

ive watched the Hobbit i enjoyed that but tthis lord of the rings triloligy is the extended version which i know will go on for ever unless i use the remote

Christopher Lee is in the 3rd movie only in the extended edition the movie has a bit of a plot hole without that bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

You will need to listen to Houses of the Holy as well.

Hi David ,

I wish it went on forever. Sadly it doesn’t.
    Dammit I wanna put on the extended edition now.

Just stick with it. If you aren’t into it no big deal. You tried.

YFlyer wrote: »
    You will need to listen to Houses of the Holy as well.

It's too late the OP already watched the Hobbit trilogy.:D

Advertisement