Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ulster Bank Anytime Banking

Options
  • 11-02-2018 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Ulster Bank online banking has been unobtainable for a great many users for weeks. Log on attempts get this response - "The page cannot be opened" or "The site cannot be found" - depending on which browser is used.

Call centre staff acknowledge the problem but don't know when it might be fixed. UB don't know what the cause is - "but we're aware of it and working on it".

Really Ulster Bank - for WEEKS.

I cannot do transfers or make payments - it's ridiculous.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,143 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Bankline. The business account version has been down all weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Jakey Rolling

Still a problem.
    It only started occurring for me this last weekend.
    After a protracted chat with Support, he finally offered this :

"We're aware that a small number of customers are receiving this error message.
    We're currently investigating the cause of this. In the meantime, we'd recommend that you clear cookies (you can view the steps to do this on the browser help page).
    Alternatively, we'd recommend trying to access the service using an alternative browser.
    We’d also recommend downloading and using our mobile app to provide flexibility regardless, if you haven’t done so already"

First thing I asked him was "Are you aware of this problem", took 10 mins to get an admission from them!

100412.2526@compuserve.com

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

I also have found it difficult to get admissions from Ulster Bank - those admissions come - but grudgingly. They advise to try different browsers, but the most popular browsers give the same outcome. How many browsers are there anyway?

As for clearing cookies! I've done that a few times and then got through, but the following day the same blockage presents. I look at cookies again and each time there are two sets of cookies - over 40 cookies - FOR ONE BASIC WEB PAGE - come on Ulster Bank - get your act together.

They tell me to use my iPhone - come on - that's all right now and again - not for regular and frequent use.

Jackey Rolling - you were told a small number of customers - I was told A LOT OF CUSTOMERS - I was also advised by a chat line operator to make a FORMAL complaint.

It's a disgrace - I'm now used to trying different avenues to access Ulster Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭theboringfox

I had similar issue before. I did a delete of my history and cookies and seemed to work fine after.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭irishguy

They have an issue with the cookies they set. If you open it in incognito mode it will work fine.
    Its been an issue for me for months, it must have been written by a couple of lads in on transition year!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭GBX

irishguy wrote: »
    They have an issue with the cookies they set. If you open it in incognito mode it will work fine.
    Its been an issue for me for months, it must have been written by a couple of lads in on transition year!!!

Incognito works for me too.

Jackey Rolling told you a small number of customers - they told me a lot of customers. They also said that they don't know what is causing the problem but - "are working on it".

"Try different browsers" they say - but

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Clear your cache and try a different browser. Do this every time you log in. I know it’s not the best but that works for me

Strange, deleted Firefox cookies also tried a brand new install of Chromium both on my Mint 18 OS. No luck with either. Same result on 2 other Mint systems and Windows 10 - so assumed it was more than a cookie issue.

Will try incognito in the morning, thanks for the suggestion.

Tried to log on using Safari - response - "Safari can not open this page". Got through on Chrome after clearing cookies AGAIN.

Ulster Bank are in denial over this issue and will infer that you or your computer or at fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I log into UB on a daily basis and never had a problem. Firefox 58.0.2
    I see this notice on their website tonight.
    **NEW**
    Upgrading to the latest version of your browser regularly gives you the best and safest experience on Online Banking.

We strongly advise you check you are using the most up to date version of your browser.

Find out how to update your browser

No luck with several different browsers on different platforms.

As it happens, I've been trialling a 4G broadband connection to possibly replace my current Wireless ISP.
    They are both live but I am mainly operating on the 4G the last couple of weeks.

I've just swapped back to my WISP and hey presto I can access Anytime banking again.

Probably says something about Three's network that UB don't trust them!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,143 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Is bankline down with anyone else. Off all weekend here

Advertisement