Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
10-02-2018, 12:33   #1
zell12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 5,726
RTÉ need to up their forecasting presentation

This actually happened on TG4 this week, but nobody seems to have noticed.
Some of us would prefer this, light on important details, version https://twitter.com/BLOCTG4/status/960529053353574400
zell12 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
Advertisement
10-02-2018, 13:02   #2
JCX BXC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 15,554
I don't understand what your point is though....
JCX BXC is offline  
10-02-2018, 22:09   #3
Kermit.de.frog
Registered User
 
Kermit.de.frog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 7,785
TG4 weather girls are so hot.
Kermit.de.frog is offline  
11-02-2018, 01:35   #4
piuswal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 705
no snow then!!
piuswal is offline  
Thanks from:
11-02-2018, 09:23   #5
Comhra
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,533
RTE need to up their forecasting presentation


Ah, I get it - you want the weather forecast broadcast in Irish, don't you?
Comhra is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
11-02-2018, 10:09   #6
zell12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 5,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comhra View Post
Ah, I get it - you want the weather forecast broadcast in Irish, don't you?
No.
I want to see Evelyn singing the rain, Gerry twirling the wind, Joanna putting more oomph in the frost
zell12 is offline  
(4) thanks from:
11-02-2018, 10:24   #7
zell12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 5,726
TG4 presenters, will we see warm weather again?
zell12 is offline  
(2) thanks from:
15-02-2018, 12:03   #8
Akrasia
Registered User
 
Akrasia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,272
They should give these guys a go


Last edited by Akrasia; 15-02-2018 at 12:06.
Akrasia is offline  
(3) thanks from:
15-02-2018, 16:30   #9
Larbre34
Registered User
 
Larbre34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 10,302
Joanna Donnelly is about as much as you are going to get RTÉ to 'up' their forecasting presentation, she is a bit more personable than the rest.

Met É and RTÉ take this stuff seriously, they are the forecast of record and both are a public service. Yes, its a bit staid, but you can't say you don't get the facts, clearly and dispassionately.

Me, I'd take that any day of the week over..... "And its a very happy 107th baaaarthday to Agnes, who is going to get a few spots of rain over her house tomorrow but it'll clear up lovely for the weekend, great drying out for you Agnes!!"
Larbre34 is offline  
Advertisement
17-04-2018, 15:02   #10
zell12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 5,726
TG4 are advertising for new weather talkers
https://tg4.ie/ga/corporate/preas/pr...ir-a-fheabhsu/

https://twitter.com/AimsirTG4/status/977899920018542592
zell12 is offline  
29-04-2018, 19:20   #11
zell12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 5,726
Brief description of Mace Head
https://twitter.com/MOLSCEAL/status/977123109496012803
zell12 is offline  
Thanks from:
29-04-2018, 22:13   #12
MackQ
Registered User
 
MackQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larbre34 View Post
Joanna Donnelly is about as much as you are going to get RTÉ to 'up' their forecasting presentation, she is a bit more personable than the rest.

Met É and RTÉ take this stuff seriously, they are the forecast of record and both are a public service. Yes, its a bit staid, but you can't say you don't get the facts, clearly and dispassionately.

Me, I'd take that any day of the week over..... "And its a very happy 107th baaaarthday to Agnes, who is going to get a few spots of rain over her house tomorrow but it'll clear up lovely for the weekend, great drying out for you Agnes!!"
Not so seriously that they can be arsed to switch on the spell checker. This weeks forecast on Met Éireann:

NATIONAL OUTLOOK
General: Cool at first, but much milder later in the week and next weekend.

Cold and dry for most of Monday night, with some frost, but rain will arrive in Atlatc coastal counties before dawn. Lowest temperatures between 0 and +4 degrees, but values will rise later in the night. Light breezes generally but fresh southerly winds will develop on western coasts later.

Tuesday will start dry in the east. Rain in the west will spread to all parts during the day, in fresh southerly winds. Top temperatures of 9 to 12 degrees. The rain will clear early Tuesday night to isolated showers. Lows of 3 to 5 degrees, so no frost.

Wednesday will be a cool, brrezy day with sunshine and showers. Top temperatures 9 tyo 12 C.

Thursday and Friday will be milder days, with moderate to fresh south to southwest winds. Rather cloudy overall with possibly some mist and drizzle on Atlantic coasts. But some bright weather too, best in the east of the couhtry . Temperatures should be in the mid teens, locally higher in any bright spells.
MackQ is offline  
Thanks from:
30-04-2018, 07:20   #13
Wanderer78
Registered User
 
Wanderer78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 10,975
Quote:
Originally Posted by MackQ View Post
Not so seriously that they can be arsed to switch on the spell checker. This weeks forecast on Met Éireann:

NATIONAL OUTLOOK
General: Cool at first, but much milder later in the week and next weekend.

Cold and dry for most of Monday night, with some frost, but rain will arrive in Atlatc coastal counties before dawn. Lowest temperatures between 0 and +4 degrees, but values will rise later in the night. Light breezes generally but fresh southerly winds will develop on western coasts later.

Tuesday will start dry in the east. Rain in the west will spread to all parts during the day, in fresh southerly winds. Top temperatures of 9 to 12 degrees. The rain will clear early Tuesday night to isolated showers. Lows of 3 to 5 degrees, so no frost.

Wednesday will be a cool, brrezy day with sunshine and showers. Top temperatures 9 tyo 12 C.

Thursday and Friday will be milder days, with moderate to fresh south to southwest winds. Rather cloudy overall with possibly some mist and drizzle on Atlantic coasts. But some bright weather too, best in the east of the couhtry . Temperatures should be in the mid teens, locally higher in any bright spells.
jesus, thats like i wrote it
Wanderer78 is offline  
30-04-2018, 08:38   #14
JCX BXC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 15,554
I will say I constantly notice errors in the written forecast. It's like they rush to get it up!
JCX BXC is offline  
Thanks from:
30-04-2018, 16:32   #15
Oneiric 3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCX BXC View Post
I will say I constantly notice errors in the written forecast. It's like they rush to get it up!
Have to say spelling errors on the site and on the TV forecasts don't bother me in the least. Small scale issue in the greater scheme of things.
Oneiric 3 is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet