Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

01-02-2018, 13:32   #1
sweirdo

Book recommendations for beginners

Hi!
I'm a total beginner at learning Irish, have been using the duolingo app until now, but I would like to maybe work through one or two books to stay in rotuine and learn a bit more and more profound. Does anyone have recommendations for me?
Thanks!
Advertisement
02-02-2018, 07:58   #2
Dara O Rourke

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweirdo View Post
Hi!
I'm a total beginner at learning Irish, have been using the duolingo app until now, but I would like to maybe work through one or two books to stay in rotuine and learn a bit more and more profound. Does anyone have recommendations for me?
Thanks!
Progress in Irish , Máiréad ní Ghráda is a handy little book. Teach Yourself Irish by O Sé is good too and comes with Cds.
06-02-2018, 06:15   #3
sweirdo

Thanks, I haven't heard of those yet!
There is apparently a really, really good and huge book that supposedly has all of the grammar in it, but that was incredibly expensive. :/
09-02-2018, 00:57   #4
Carawaystick

Ní dócha go bhfuil foghlaim gramadach an tslí don duine ag tosach an Gaeilge a feasú
17-02-2018, 07:37   #5
Achasanai

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweirdo View Post
Thanks, I haven't heard of those yet!
There is apparently a really, really good and huge book that supposedly has all of the grammar in it, but that was incredibly expensive. :/
The progress in Irish one is a really good book. I found the lack of correct answers to questions and lack of sound files a bit limiting but you can find these on the internet.
Advertisement
19-02-2018, 05:20   #6
sweirdo

Thanks! I'll definitely be looking around for a copy of that book. Maybe someone can also recommend some simple books to read in Irish? Children's books maybe? That might also help

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion