Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nordan vs Rationel

Options
  • 13-01-2018 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, we have just started a new build and we are trying to decide on a window provider. We are looking at triple glazed alu-clad windows. At this point we have it narrowed down to a choice between Rationel and Nordan. Both seem like excellent products with good u values. Has anyone any experience with these companies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 22thecrescent

Hi there,

I'm currently in a similar position, I can't decide between Rationel or NorDan. I love the look of the Rationel however NorDan seem to offer a better after sales including a 30 year guarantee.

Would appreciate your advise.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

as per forum charter, comments on specific companies by PM only

Hi there,

I'm currently in a similar position, I can't decide between Rationel or NorDan. I love the look of the Rationel however NorDan seem to offer a better after sales including a 30 year guarantee.

Would appreciate advice via pm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

I amm 25 years repairing windows and doors and I would recommend [snip]

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rusmoloney

Would love any thoughts on this also, am considering Rationel, Nordan or Velfac. Hard to know which are better quality and service

• Advertisement

Rusmoloney wrote: »
    Would love any thoughts on this also, am considering Rationel, Nordan or Velfac. Hard to know which are better quality and service

Hi,

I went with Rationel and while I love the windows and doors, I did have a number of snags. All were addressed and mainly to do with seals being uneven.

Reason I chose Rationel was I loved the front door and colour options worked best for me. I did manage to get discount to meet my budget.

Hope that helps & best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

Hi,

I went with Rationel and while I love the windows and doors, I did have a number of snags. All were addressed and mainly to do with seals being uneven.

Reason I chose Rationel was I loved the front door and colour options worked best for me. I did manage to get discount to meet my budget.

Hope that helps & best of luck

When you say, "seals being uneven", what seals are you referring too ?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

BryanF wrote: »
    as per forum charter, comments on specific companies by PM only

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement