Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to move up instantly on the point scale?

Options
  • 04-01-2018 1:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭

Following on from the circular thread :pac:
    Take that generous €10 increase and multiply it by 10000% by instantly jumping 4 scale points.
    Contact Mary Mitchell O' Connor and get her and her accountant to write a strong letter for you.
    Job done.
    The original salary offered to Ms McQuaid was just under €82,000 - the first point of the principal officer scale which is paid to the vast majority of Government press advisers.

But after submitting documentation from her accountant, a department official asked Paschal Donohoe's department to increase the salary to €94,521.

This equates to the fifth point of the principal officer scale, and brings Ms McQuaid's salary in line with that of Ms Mitchell O'Connor's other special adviser, Roy Rooney.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/junior-minister-lands-13k-salary-hike-for-her-new-press-adviser-36457397.html

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,151 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Jesus, 82 k to 'advise' and a 16k pension after almost 30 years of blood, sweat and tears (and abuse) at the chalkface.

'Advisor, my arse' (James Royal).

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Whatever about the obscene salary amounts, I know that if a person has relevant prior experience (for example, at third level, industry experience would count), it is a matter of filling out a form and making an application to jump a number of points on the scale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dar100

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Whatever about the obscene salary amounts, I know that if a person has relevant prior experience (for example, at third level, industry experience would count), it is a matter of filling out a form and making an application to jump a number of points on the scale.

Tom can this be done in Further Ed?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

dar100 wrote: »
    Tom Dunne wrote: »

I honestly have no idea, but I would imagine so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

dar100 wrote: »

Are you employed by an ETB?
    Maybe this is relevant (see end)
    https://www.education.ie/en/Education-Staff/Services/Payroll-Financial/Incremental-Credit/Information.html

If someone in the same circumstances as yourself got it then you should be entitled. The union would be the best place to start as they'd have knowledge of similar cases.

• Advertisement
Advertisement