Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PhoneWatch Home Alarm System

Options
  • 10-11-2017 10:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hello,

Exactly a year ago I got PhoneWatch in and was told I could opt out of monitoring service after a year. Well my year is up and I did not renew my contract. That day my alarm system stop functioning, and will not arm or disarm. I rang PhoneWatch and I was informed that because i opted out of the service the alarm system will no longer function, unless I reactivate my account with them. I bought the system I think for €400 and now they are telling me I only rent it from them. I said this is the first time I’ve heard of this even do I spoken to them on multiple occasions. Has anyone experienced this with phone watch I’m really disappointed with them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

Garrett81 wrote: »
    Hello,

Exactly a year ago I got PhoneWatch in and was told I could opt out of monitoring service after a year. Well my year is up and I did not renew my contract. That day my alarm system stop functioning, and will not arm or disarm. I rang PhoneWatch and I was informed that because i opted out of the service the alarm system will no longer function, unless I reactivate my account with them. I bought the system I think for €400 and now they are telling me I only rent it from them. I said this is the first time I’ve heard of this even do I spoken to them on multiple occasions. Has anyone experienced this with phone watch I’m really disappointed with them

Sorry for your predicament, that equipment is indeed theirs, you are only renting it. You gave them € 400 to install their equipment in your home and you forked out €40 a month for the privilege.

This is normal for them, again sorry.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Also sorry for your trouble, but from experience unfortunately that's the way most people are learning about this company.
    The contract time is no irrelevant as you are either tied to them or you have to get a new system.
    Between the great sales promotion of €400 & your years monitoring you would have been well on your way to owning your own alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Marcos

Hi,

Just a quick question on this. I got Phonewatch about 14 years ago, I'm still using the same system from then. So is it true that all the equipment is rented from them, or is this just a recent thing?

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

No. On the older systems the equipment is yours. Most good installers can take our & maintain /monitor these systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Marcos

Cheers.

When most of us say "social justice" we mean equality under the law opposition to prejudice, discrimination and equal opportunities for all. When Social Justice Activists say "social justice" they mean an emphasis on group identity over the rights of the individual, a rejection of social liberalism, and the assumption that unequal outcomes are always evidence of structural inequalities.

Andrew Doyle, The New Puritans.

• Advertisement
Advertisement