Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does UPS deliver on Saturday?

Options
  • 27-10-2017 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

I bought something from the UK on Wednesday and selected Next-Day delivery because I need the product by Monday. It said it'd be delivered on Friday, but no go yet. Tracker says it's in Shannon. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

They don't deliver on Saturday as far as I know. I was in the same boat last year sometime. I needed my parcel, just happened the weather was 'bad' that particular Friday and it ended up in Shannon until the Monday. I contacted the office and they said the road was not passable or something like that. More than likely you were off the main delivery route and it's Friday and the courier wanted home. This still happens to me a lot with Fastway even though the same driver delivers to me all the time, I check the tracking and it says 'on hold address query, received off van.' Its very annoying if your desperate for your delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Famoso wrote: »
    I bought something from the UK on Wednesday and selected Next-Day delivery because I need the product by Monday. It said it'd be delivered on Friday, but no go yet. Tracker says it's in Shannon. Any thoughts?

You won't be getting it Monday either has its a Bank Holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Famoso

What an absolute shower. Cheers for the replies regardless lads.

Yeah I forgot about the bank holiday so it will be Tuesday :( The delivery is shocking in the West of Ireland, where I am anyway. I've had issues with all of them bar DPD they have always been bang on. I got 100% of my delivery's from DPD and even a 1 hour time frame. Fastway were the ****tiest of the sh1tty, from leaving parcels in shops miles from my house to just not delivering. If I'm really really stuck for something these days I get it delivered to a relative in Dublin, it will arrive on time there, but I also have to drive 140 minutes to collect it. Terrible I have to do that but if I need something urgent I do it.

Hope you weren't relying on it too much OP!

Yeah I forgot about the bank holiday so it will be Tuesday :( The delivery is shocking in the West of Ireland, where I am anyway. I've had issues with all of them bar DPD they have always been bang on. I got 100% of my delivery's from DPD and even a 1 hour time frame. Fastway were the ****tiest of the sh1tty, from leaving parcels in shops miles from my house to just not delivering. If I'm really really stuck for something these days I get it delivered to a relative in Dublin, it will arrive on time there, but I also have to drive 140 minutes to collect it. Terrible I have to do that but if I need something urgent I do it.

Hope you weren't relying on it too much OP!

Yeah I've had similar experiences with FastWay. I'm in the West myself too. I think I'll be grand. Think I can buy it locally and then return the one I get on Tuesday. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Why?

Because you left something to the last minute and the UK site you bought it from gave you incorrect information?

No delivery service does a standard Saturday delivery. Some offer it at a substantial premium.

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Why?

Because you left something to the last minute and the UK site you bought it from gave you incorrect information?

No delivery service does a standard Saturday delivery. Some offer it at a substantial premium.

Just a guess but I'm taking it, it was due for delivery on Friday and when that didn't happen the OP was inquiring if they delivered on a Sat. Its not acceptable for a parcel to be out for delivery and to just not arrive. I know bad things do happen and sometimes it can't be help and thats fair enough but if it happens all the time you just get fed up with it.

Just a guess but I'm taking it, it was due for delivery on Friday and when that didn't happen the OP was inquiring if they delivered on a Sat. Its not acceptable for a parcel to be out for delivery and to just not arrive. I know bad things do happen and sometimes it can't be help and thats fair enough but if it happens all the time you just get fed up with it.

Op doesn't say that. Just says website said Friday.

Ups expedited service from uk is 2-3 days.

They have a next day service, but you pay for it handsomely.

Why?

Are you blind? Seller said delivered on Friday when OP opted for next day delivery and you make snide remarks? Cop on to yourself.

JayZeus wrote: »
    Are you blind? Seller said delivered on Friday when OP opted for next day delivery and you make snide remarks? Cop on to yourself.

As per my post, (did read it?) seller probably gave incorrect information.

Some uk customer service people don't understand the difference between northern Ireland and southern Ireland and quote delivery times incorrectly.

Unless the ups tracking gave the delivery date as Friday, the fault is with the seller

• Advertisement

As per my post, (did read it?) seller probably gave incorrect information.

Some uk customer service people don't understand the difference between northern Ireland and southern Ireland and quote delivery times incorrectly.

Unless the ups tracking gave the delivery date as Friday, the fault is with the seller

You’re jumping to a lot of conclusions there.

Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. Not southern Ireland. For couriers, there is no difference for all intents and purposes, for now.

OP hasn’t once mentioned if UPS are the carrier/courier, whether they spoke with anyone at time of order, whether leadtime was provided by seller or courier.

You say it’s their fault and in all fairness that’s just a dumb statement. You have no details, no facts.

Why?

Lol it's funny because they did deliver it to me on Saturday. Stay mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Lol it's funny because they did deliver it to me on Saturday. Stay mad.

UPS didn't deliver it to you on Saturday. A UPS subcontractor might have but not UPS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

well UPS might have delivered it on a Saturday, if it was close to christmas and they are as usual inundated with packages, thats about the only time UPS will deliver on a Saturday, anything else then its a subbie.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Whether it is a subcontractor or a UPS van, what does it matter? It was a UPS delivery, and it delivered on a Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Aumjon

Whenever DHL delivera parcel I get a notfication from them, telling me what time (usually 2 hour slot).

I'm not impressed with UPS they just said Friday 3rd June by end of the day.

A 24 hours time frame.

Now it's 6.00pm and when I check the tracking says Tuesday 7th June by end of day!!

What a sloppy company.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

If it's Dublin, there have been huge traffic issues due to bad crash and a death on the M50.

This has delayed many vans and trucks and has meant deliveries cancelled.

Rip to the person who died in the crash.

Advertisement