Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone Price Increase December 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭waffleman

My package with vodafone has gone up 14 euro per month in the last few years

This all started when they bought out the only viable competitor available in our area for fixed line broadband (UTV internet) then immediately began jacking up the prices

Are there any realistic competitors to switch to?

Most are already more expensive or contention rates are terrible - bluebox broadband in my area is 3mb download at peak times - pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

This is a sickener, I have broadband only off them, think it’s 90mb fiber and the quality is excellent and it costs €40 a month, they are putting it up to €47 a month and now I’m probably going to have to sign up to sky broadband for €39 a month for 12 months on a 12 month contract, I’d love to stay with Vodafone but an extra €96 a year compared to sky is a lot to justify when your already counting the pennies

Mine is going up from 52.50 to 57.50 a month
    For that i get:
    16mb unlimited download broadband
    100 free minutes to any irish mobile a month
    Free any time calls to all ireland and uk landlines

Unless i ring a uk mobile my bill is always a fixed price including calls which is good

I dont think I can get a better broadband + calls package so im stuck

Its just annoying as it used to cost 44.50 a month :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭mikeysmith

I'm on simply broadand fttc

I'm wary of switching to sky, from what I hear you get slower speeds at certain times ,something to do with the backhaul on skys network

Isn't there a rumour the others will be increasing anyway

it's gettin ridiculous - all bills are goin bananas

insurances, electricity is goin up soon, "excessive usage" water charges

I live in Donegal just across a small lough from Northern Ireland - I'm goin to look into gettin a 4G router for NI broadband - O2 UK has a great signal here - not very patriotic but enough is enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

I’m on Simply Broadband FTTC, didn’t the price increase last year from €38 to €45. I remember signing a new 12 month contract that kept me at the €38 price.

Anyway Vodafone rang me again last week offering the same €38 price if I extended again for another 18 Months.happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Really fastfullback? I might get a new commitment so, i did same last year

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

Will a price increase mean I could break my contract?
    Im on Vodafone at home bundle Home Essentials Fibre IP Voice, presume this falls under all Home essentials pacakages?
    How did people get the notification, as I received none yet?
    Im in dispute with them over missold product and this would be a real easy way out of my contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,106 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

My Simply Broadband going from €38 to €45, shocking.

€45 per month for 4meg speed. And its 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

septicsac wrote: »
    Will a price increase mean I could break my contract?
    Im on Vodafone at home bundle Home Essentials Fibre IP Voice, presume this falls under all Home essentials pacakages?
    How did people get the notification, as I received none yet?
    Im in dispute with them over missold product and this would be a real easy way out of my contract.

Received mail notification.
    It also states :

As a result of these changes, you may change or cancel your contract without penalty, within 30 days from the date of this email by simply calling us on 1907.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭FastFullBack

TheDriver wrote: »
    Really fastfullback? I might get a new commitment so, i did same last year

Yes I got the phone call last week and it was an 18 month contract extension this time.

Just double checked, I have a letter from them from last week, stating my 18 month extension and my price in my account is €38.

I’d say ring them and look for extension at the lower price.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭noel100

I'm just back to Vodafone in the last 2 months on a friend's and family deal €30 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

My Vodafone Home essentials plan went from 45 to 50 end of last year/start of this one. The same as it says in that list, so are we all facing increases, or have they published the wrong info.

Anyone that cancels on foot of the increase

Please post back any offers they make!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭terryduff12

Only signed up for an extension of the same price the other day then I get the email guess im gonna have to ring an see whats going on. They rang me today also asking did I want to combine my package and get tv with no thanks I said. Have to find out what package im on at the moment before I do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Simply Broadband Fibre (18 Month)
    was 40, going to 45.

They rang me yesterday to tell me.

Told me of an offer - same bb, plus TV, new 18 mth contract

40 pm for 12 months, then 70pm for 6 months.

I still haven't got an email. Is it because I'm stuck in contract?

I still haven't got an email. Is it because I'm stuck in contract?

Me neither, I rang them and they confirmed the price will increase when my contract runs out shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

It looks like all providers will be increasing prices over the next few months. "Costs of infrastructure etc." being quoted as the reason.

mikeysmith wrote: »
    Me neither, I rang them and they confirmed the price will increase when my contract runs out shortly

Mine has another 6 months

• Advertisement

Mine has another 6 months

Might be worth checking with them?

I'll be ringing them to cancel,I expect they'll knock it back to 40

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Ultimanemo

NIMAN wrote: »
    My Simply Broadband going from €38 to €45, shocking.

€45 per month for 4meg speed. And its 2017.

That is not so bad
    eir was trying to charge me €70 for 1.7Mbps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

I was talking to a Vodafone salesman that came around house selling , I told him Vodafone tried increasing my price even tho I had signed a 18 month contract

His words were " if you are under contract and they try an increase , foot down .... No way .... You can't do that .... Fight it , they will back down , and he was right because they did just that with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,246 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I only renewed my contract with them in July from €50 to €42:50 for another 12 months. They can’t change my contract mid way can they?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Dublindamo

I got a call two weeks ago offering to fix my price at €35 (down from €40) which I agreed to. Got email this week saying it was going up to €45. Rang them to double check that the 35 offer was being honoured and they said no it wasn't and i had 30 days to cancel if I wished! Raging. I can just imagine if I tried to cancel 2 weeks into a 12 month contract

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Sky have an offer for €39 a month at the moment

Its only for 12 Months though then goes up to €55, so you'd have to change again in a year to keep saving.

Advertisement