Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EINN Shannon Airport X-plane

Options
  • 27-09-2017 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Here's a quick look at the progress of my next project for X-plane, Shannon Airport and business park with full custom buildings:

b738_604.png

b738_605.png

b738_606.png

b738_607.png

b738_608.png

b738_609.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Aer Lingus Cargo terminal nearly completed.

image.png

image.png

By the way, if anyone can point me in the direction of airside pictures of the cargo terminals, fire station etc. it would be much appreciated, finding it impossible to find much and I'd like my buildings to be as real as possible.

Shannon Aerospace

image.png

image.png

image.png

More pics:

Aer Lingus Cargo:

image.png

image.png

image.png

Fire Station:

image.png

Atlantic Aviation:

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Skyknight

Looks very cool, man. Keep up the awesome work :cool:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

+1
    Well done.

• Advertisement

Servisair Cargo:

image.png

image.png

Westair:

image.png

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,086 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

wow.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

smurfjed wrote: »
    wow.......

That sarcasm?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,086 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Certainly wasn’t intended to be, it’s awesone work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Lofty1069

Are the base textures from a photoscenery ? or tileproxy ?
    Great work, pity I don't have X-plane.  I use the the eirsim scenery for FSX-SE

• Advertisement

Lofty1069 wrote: »
    Are the base textures from a photoscenery ? or tileproxy ?
    Great work, pity I don't have X-plane.  I use the the eirsim scenery for FSX-SE

Yeah photoscenery, I used ortho4xp. Have all of Ireland covered. :) you should give x-plane a go, it takes a bit of getting used to but I haven’t touched fsx since.

Making good progress now, I teamed up with another guy who was also creating EINN so we combined our efforts and are not far off release now:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Looks awesome, Ciano. :cool: Cheers for all the hard work.

Released here :) Enjoy!

image.png

Just purchased X-Plane 11 and will be installing your sceneries as soon as install has completed. Thanks!

John_Mc wrote: »
    Just purchased X-Plane 11 and will be installing your sceneries as soon as install has completed. Thanks!

Nice one! Make sure to get my EICK too :) if there’s any problems installing them let me know. X-plane is brilliant, also make sure to get Zibo’s 737. It’s free, is continuously updated and practically as good as pmdg’s, in fact I’ve seen that many people now much prefer Zibo’s.

Great stuff, thanks for the recommendation. All I have installed in P3D is the PMDG 737NGX and FS Labs A320, so will install that version of the 737 and Flight Factor A320.

Any other recommendations? Besides your excellent scenery of course and maybe Aerosoft EIDW.

Great stuff, thanks for the recommendation. All I have installed in P3D is the PMDG 737NGX and FS Labs A320, so will install that version of the 737 and Flight Factor A320.

Any other recommendations? Besides your excellent scenery of course and maybe Aerosoft EIDW.

Definitely get the Aerosoft EIDW alright if you can, it's excellent, especially since they released the second version. Flight Factor A320 is very good too, but I only usually use Zibo's 737 to be honest out of preference. Don't get the SSG 747, it's crap!

If you're a fan of the more classic jets then the IXEG 737-400 is excellent, the 737-200 on the org store is meant to be very good (Skyknight has it :) ) and I think the Rotate MD-80 is meant to be very good too. There's also a 727 on the store which looks very nice but I don't have it. The 767 and 757 are also very good. The 777 isn't as great tbh, but it's decent.

Definitely get ortho4xp, I have all of Ireland covered and I now I hate flying in non ortho zones! It takes a bit of getting used to but there a very good tutorials on youtube that I can send to you when I'm home if you like. Or if you want you can send me a usb drive in the post and I can just send you all of my ortho's. :)

I've heard Skymaxx is good for weather and clouds but it's a little pricey, I just got the NOAA weather plugin which is free and updates the weather on the fly.

The default GA planes in X-plane are very good, a lot better than FSX. The c172 is excellent, no need to get a payware one IMO.

There's definitely a lot more that I can't think of now because I'm in work but if you want help with anything specific let me know. :)

Cian

Anything Ciano mentioned in the last post is sound advice

If you're a fan of the more classic jets then the IXEG 737-400 is excellent, the 737-200 on the org store is meant to be very good (Skyknight has it :D)

I do indeed, :D If you love classics ....either the IXEG -300 and/or the -200 are a must have. My only real fault with the -200 is the lack of crew(in the external view), which gives the impression that the crew has succumbed to hypoxia..but still a lovely plane to hand fly :D

Definitely get ortho4xp, I have all of Ireland covered and I now I hate flying in non ortho zones! It takes a bit of getting used to but there a very good tutorials on youtube that I can send to you when I'm home if you like. Or if you want you can send me a usb drive in the post and I can just send you all of my ortho's.

+1 on this I and agree with Ciano 100%.....once you've flown with Othro you'll never go back. :D
    It really does improve the sim radically both at altitude
    FJS_732_Twin_Jet_14.jpg

....and at low level too.

Tornado_11.jpg

Some excellent mesh
    http://www.alpilotx.net/downloads/x-plane-11-hd-mesh-scenery-v4/
    Well worth donating a couple of bucks, if you have it to spare

If you like flying in Spain, I would suggest the awesome job done by the Spanish XPlane community in both colour adjustment and the removal of a vast majority of the clouds form the orthos of the Spanish peninsula.
    http://www.spainuhd.es/
    The screen shot is of the area Benalmádena/Torremolinos.
    FJS_732_Twin_Jet_31.jpg

French aircraft and scenery is available from the french X Plane community
    https://www.xpfr.org/

More orthos are available here as well, though some may be needed to veted for cloud contamination :
    http://zonephoto.x-plane.fr/Cartes.php

:cool:

I'm only just realising how much stuff is out there. It's really impressive.

Was playing around with the Zibo 737 last night and very impressive. Looks nicer than the PMDG version in a lot of respects.

Is there anywhere I can download the Ortho4xp Ireland or do I need to generate myself?

Also, I used EZCA v2 to configure views which could be cycled through using my hat switch. E.g the up on my hat switch would bring me to my configured view of the overhead. Is there anything like that for Xplane?

• Advertisement

Was playing around with the Zibo 737 last night and very impressive. Looks nicer than the PMDG version in a lot of respects.

Is there anywhere I can download the Ortho4xp Ireland or do I need to generate myself?
    I have a feeling it works out at about 29.4GB
    Also, I used EZCA v2 to configure views which could be cycled through using my hat switch. E.g the up on my hat switch would bring me to my configured view of the overhead. Is there anything like that for Xplane?

I would say X-Camera (https://www.stickandrudderstudios.com/x-camera/) is the plugin you are looking for.

Oops, I was wrong in saying that the IXEG is a -400, it is indeed a -300! :o

Can I ask you how you find the fmod soundpack for Zibo's 737 in comparison with the PMDG 737? Would be interesting to know if there's much between them, because the soundpack for Zibo's is excellent IMO.

Skyknight wrote: »
    I have a feeling it works out at about 29.4GB

I would say X-Camera (https://www.stickandrudderstudios.com/x-camera/) is the plugin you are looking for.

Thanks. Is there a quick way that I can find out the latitude & longitude which would cover Ireland?

Will check out X-camera thanks. Are you using it yourself?
    Ciano35 wrote: »
    Can I ask you how you find the fmod soundpack for Zibo's 737 in comparison with the PMDG 737? Would be interesting to know if there's much between them, because the soundpack for Zibo's is excellent IMO.

Only messed around for a quick time yesterday and engines were already running. It sounded pretty good though! Will need to use it a bit more and do some full flights to decide which is better.

Thanks. Is there a quick way that I can find out the latitude & longitude which would cover Ireland?

+55 -009 to 07
    +54 -011 to 06
    +53 -011 to 07
    +52 -011 to 07
    +51 -011 to 08

Are you using it yourself?

Yeah, for the last two months or so.

Skyknight wrote: »
    +55 -009 to 07
    +54 -011 to 06