Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eir TV & Vodafone TV w/ your own Router

• 07-09-2017 12:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭

This applies to:
    Broadcast TV through Eir or Vodafone, not Video On Demand
    FTTC(VDSL2) and FTTH(GPON). SIRO installs may differ!

A. To get internet access
    1. You must set the WAN VLAN ID to 10 for traffic to flow
    B. To get TV access
    2. You must use IPoE on the WAN, PPPoE bypasses the TV source
    3. You may need to enable an IPTV LAN port, or several for your set top box(es)
    4. IGMP must be allowed for TVs to hold open the multicast stream

May require further updates.

Thanks to the below commenters:
    Packet wrote: »
    Do you have IGMP proxy enabled in the router?
    glanmiredj wrote: »
    Yes got it working thanks . Using these settings
    Use DHCP routes - RFHC & MICROSOFT
    Enable multicast routing (IGMP Proxy) - ENABLED
    Enable efficient multicast forwarding (IGMP Snooping) - ENABLED
    UDP Proxy (Udpxy) - 0
    I managed to get this resolved. Posting the solution for anyone else that runs into the same issue.

On the Asus router, under Advanced->Firewall->Multicast settings, check the boxes "IGMProxy" and "LAN".

The TV started working immediately for me. I found this solution at the Eir community forums. I can't post a link because I'm a new user but if you search for "eFibre bridge mode Eircom TV", you should find it.

Hope this helps someone, I struggled with it for days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 richiemac

I did see that earlier thanks....i'm ftth.
    Spent hours tweaking settings to no avail.
    Best result was any channel would play when selected but freeze after 10 seconds or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

That'll use the new Genie UI which there inst an emulator for.

If you can post screenshots of all relevant screens we can comment. Probably IGMP that needs tweaking.

Some screen shots...

Vptpze.jpg

YrAh7s.jpg

EZq9R6.jpg

KHP0aB.jpg

PH6pVc.jpg

bHqIb2.jpg

gNSdmm.jpg

ED E wrote: »
    That'll use the new Genie UI which there inst an emulator for.

If you can post screenshots of all relevant screens we can comment. Probably IGMP that needs tweaking.

Some screens added to post.....

Pictures of your screen arent screenshots. FYI you can hit CTRL+PRNTSCRN to get a real one.

Also
    B. To get TV access

• Advertisement

I can edit those later thanks, don't have IPoe option in the drop down though ?

Update : Got it to work at last. Netgear D6400 on FTTH Connection.

I disabled SIP ALG and put the Eir box in the DMZ in WAN settings.

Then in VLan / Bridge Group settings i added a new VLan Tag, called it TV, with VLan ID 10 and priority 0. I selected port 1 as this is the one the Eir box is connected to.

Saved and restarted router and bingo, worked straight away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Zxgafferzx

ED E wrote: »
    This applies to:
    Broadcast TV through Eir or Vodafone, not Video On Demand
    FTTC(VDSL2) and FTTH(GPON). SIRO installs may differ!

A. To get internet access
    1. You must set the WAN VLAN ID to 10 for traffic to flow
    B. To get TV access
    3. You may need to enable an IPTV LAN port, or several for your set top box(es)
    4. IGMP must be allowed for TVs to hold open the multicast stream

May require further updates.

Thanks to the below commenters:

Have tried with Netgear Nighthawk VDSL ADSL but still cannot get it working. I figured out to login into routerlogin.net to get access to advanced settings found the above references unticked the boxes but still no joy. Might try the bridge mode if can find option.

Did you enable Iptv option in internet set up ?
    In the box that says Internet and underneath Enable This Interface check box.....theres a drop down for Iptv.

Don't know if it's required but I did anyway.
    Now it's all working I don't wanna mess with it :)

Made a backup to be sure.

Zxgafferzx wrote: »
    Have tried with Netgear Nighthawk VDSL ADSL but still cannot get it working. I figured out to login into routerlogin.net to get access to advanced settings found the above references unticked the boxes but still no joy. Might try the bridge mode if can find option.

I got it on page 47 of D7000_UM_EN.pdf on Netgear website but I'd say u could find it in Google pdf search too now just need to work through the page and hope I can do as it's saying my not tech lol

• Advertisement

How do I add pictures to the post just got the TV working through the basic settings on router login for Netgear Nighthawk. Have pics if I can put them up

Use imgur.com

Oops: You cannot post with images, URLs or attachments because you are a new user.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Johntm

Hi, have been trying to upgrade from the F2000 modem/router to the Asus DSL-AC55U all day. When I connect up the modem/router all features light up apart from the DSL light.
    Does there need to be the above configuration performed first before the dsl will show? I've tried the aove but it doesnt seem to work.
    I had previously tried a TP-Link AC1750 Archer D7 but found out it didnt support G.993.5 (vectoring)

Any help would be great, I've had to restart the F2000 daily since upgrading to fibre

If the DSL isnt at least flashing chances are you're cabling it wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Yeah I can get VF broadband working fine with the D7000 (internet VLAN 10) but still can't get it going with the VF IPTV.
    Have the IPTV interface enabled . Have tried vlan 2, 20 and 10. At least with VLAN 10 I see a IPTV ip address on the internet connection:
    MAC Address 40:5D:82:D8:73:07

Internet IP Address 109.78.66.229
    IPTV IP Address 10.100.213.2

Internet Connection PPPoE
    IPTV Connection DHCP

IP Subnet Mask 255.255.255.255

Domain Name Server 89.19.64.164

What priority (0-7) should I use for the Internet and IPTV interfaces? I've set 0
    Should I enable login for the IPTV as well as the Internet interface, same credentials?

SIRO or OpenEir based?

With OE at least ALL traffic is over VLAN 10, shouldnt need anything else as far as I know. Is IGMP snooping enabled?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Hey Ed E it's openEir backend. HG659 is existing modem.
    Only option for IGMP is "disable IGMP proxying" which I have tried disabled and enabled.
    For IPTV I have enabled that interface and also tried without a VLAN and with a selection box of VLAN numbers.
    It worked fine on Eir FTTH, but it's seemingly a bit different on Voda.......

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭topper1978

Hi, has anyone successfully got VF IPTV to work using a 3rd party router? I have just switched and can get the Internet to work bridging to my Asus AC68U. I can't find any guides to get IPTV to work. Really want to stick with the Asus router as the VPN server is great to remotely access my LAN. I would hate to loose this functionality. Also the signal strength on the VF HG659 is woeful. Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 finn_ja1

Hi, I have an neygear XR500. I changed from virgin to Vodafone siro gigabit broadband yesterday. I have removed the Vodafone SHG3000 completely. I have the Internet is working no problem using the posts on this trend for advice. I have the Vodafone tv in the package and this is not working. Has anyone managed to get this working for this setup. I would really appreciated the help. Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement