Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

26-07-2017, 10:08   #1
carolmon

Lambswool

Does anybody know where I can buy lambswool?

I've had problems before doing long hikes where I've lost toenails and been told the best way to protect them is to pad my boots out with lambswool around the toe area.
Advertisement
27-07-2017, 01:50   #2
Esel
Not your ornery onager

I would look at your boots first. Size, fit, shape (width), lacing technique. Then socks and insoles etc.

Never heard about lambswool used as you describe it.
(2) thanks from:
27-07-2017, 08:51   #3
carolmon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esel View Post
I would look at your boots first. Size, fit, shape (width), lacing technique. Then socks and insoles etc.

Never heard about lambswool used as you describe it.
I've just bought a new pair, I got a size up cos I think the old ones were too tight when my feet got hot and probably swollen.

I met a woman on camino and she was using this method, her feet were like a baby's bottom at the end of long hikes.
04-08-2017, 19:03   #4
123shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolmon View Post

I met a woman on camino and she was using this method, her feet were like a baby's bottom at the end of long hikes.
mmmmm

I tried all kinds of supposedly correct boots and suffered blisters and ringing wet smelly boots from sweat or they simply fell apart.

So I spent a lot more money and got something that worked for me.....Lowa boots and the top of the range but I firmly believe you get what you pay for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-cGzSN-fqE
06-08-2017, 13:35   #5
Losty Dublin

If you are losing toenails during long walks then you could do worse than to pay a visit to a podiatrist for their expert opinion.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
27-08-2017, 09:35   #6
carolmon

well just to update, I did a bit of walking over the hols using the lambswool padding/ bigger boot size and have to say I haven't even had a hint of a blister, so will be sticking to this now as it seems to suit me.

I used this product, it was difficult to get but I found it in Murrays medical supplies in Talbot Street and it's also available online.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg carnation_animal_wool.jpg (16.4 KB, 43 views)
27-08-2017, 18:25   #7
Esel
Not your ornery onager

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolmon View Post
well just to update, I did a bit of walking over the hols using the lambswool padding/ bigger boot size and have to say I haven't even had a hint of a blister, so will be sticking to this now as it seems to suit me.

I used this product, it was difficult to get but I found it in Murrays medical supplies in Talbot Street and it's also available online.
That's a great result. The wool looks interesting.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion