Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferwise Borderless Account

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Can virtual cards be used without getting a physical card delivered, thereby avoiding the fee?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Yes

Can virtual card be generated via the website or is the app required?

Can virtual card be generated via the website or is the app required?

I've only done it on the website.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Zardoz wrote: »
    Not seeing any virtual card option in the app or on the website. Only an option to pre-order new Visa debit card for €7.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Quackster wrote: »
    Not seeing any virtual card option in the app or on the website. Only an option to pre-order new Visa debit card for €7.

What version is your app? On Android mine is 7.3.4 and I created a virtual card a couple of weeks ago

• Advertisement

Spocker wrote: »
    What version is your app? On Android mine is 7.3.4 and I created a virtual card a couple of weeks ago

Is it a MasterCard? Maybe they're no longer available as Wise seems to be switching to Visa.

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Quackster wrote: »

Is it a MasterCard? Maybe they're no longer available as Wise seems to be switching to Visa.

My existing physical card is a MasterCard and the virtual card is a Visa

If possible, can you post the link to the webpage for ordering virtual cards?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

If possible, can you post the link to the webpage for ordering virtual cards?

Click on Cards on the left menu
    Scroll down past the option for your physical card
    Find "get your card"
    Click on "Get Virtual Card"

Click on Cards on the left menu
    Scroll down past the option for your physical card
    Find "get your card"
    Click on "Get Virtual Card"
    Nope, nothing under Cards except the option to order a Visa debit card for €7.

• Advertisement

It might still be in Beta mode perhaps, only for certain users.

Is it possible to add less than 20e initially via bank transfer to check that it works before adding the rest?

Maybe...that's why I wondered what the URL for virtual card order is. The URL for the physical card is...

https://wise.com/borderless-account/onboarding/card-order/form?cardProgram=VISA_DEBIT_CONSUMER_EU_1_PHYSICAL

...if there's a different one for virtual card then it might allow ordering one even if not shown in menu.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Greenlights16

Anyone transfer €EUR to £GBP regularly?

I will need to transfer chunk of euros salary to sterling monthly soon and I am weighing up between Wise, Revolut & CurrencyFair.

It's hard to know with Wise what they charge, is it set as a fixed fee each time? eg €1000 at the moment incurs about €10 charge.

and what limits are with the standard account monthly before you get charged even more. Revoluts free account is upto €1000 per month

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Meeoow

Anyone transfer €EUR to £GBP regularly?

I will need to transfer chunk of euros salary to sterling monthly soon and I am weighing up between Wise, Revolut & CurrencyFair.

It's hard to know with Wise what they charge, is it set as a fixed fee each time? eg €1000 at the moment incurs about €10 charge.

and what limits are with the standard account monthly before you get charged even more. Revoluts free account is upto €1000 per month

You can change from fast transfer to low cost transfer on wise. The charge is 4.58 on 1000 euros. I think its a % of the transfer. I use them regularly, and never had any bother.

Meeoow wrote: »
    You can change from fast transfer to low cost transfer on wise. The charge is 4.58 on 1000 euros. I think its a % of the transfer. I use them regularly, and never had any bother.

Thank you. Yeah FWIW, I used Wise for transfers while I was in Australia and found them brilliant. If they had a next level account where you could pay a few bob extra I’d probably pick them over Revolut. Plus I’ve found they tend to give the best rate, either them or currency fair . Just a shame currency fair is terrible to use

Apologies folks i am double posting, posted this on Revolut thread also but was looking an answer before monday!!

Very confused tonight if someone can help me out

I am trying to transfer €30K euros savings from my AIB to my AIB northern ireland.

Via transferwise or revolut (revolut rate seems to be 0.876 vs Wise 0.868?) i gather that i have to make an international payment from my AIB online banking to either revolut's lithuanian IBAN or Transferwise's Belgium IBAN.

Now my question is, are AIB going to charge me? They give me options of "standard" or "urgent". When you click into "more info on fees" they don't say a thing about how much it is.

I am looking to act fast on this now as the sterling has fallen for 3 days in a row up until market close yesterday evening, there's no guarantee it won't bounce back monday when UK opens some sectors of economy.

Thanks in advance. Rang AIB today at 3 different times, customer service, card payments line, all still not answering because of "COVID" :pac: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

...if there's a different one for virtual card then it might allow ordering one even if not shown in menu.

https: //wise.com/borderless-account/onboarding/card-order/form?cardProgram=VISA_DEBIT_CONSUMER_EU_1

https: //wise.com/borderless-account/onboarding/card-order/form?cardProgram=VISA_DEBIT_CONSUMER_EU_1

That brings up a delivery address form so presume that next step is payment for delivery?

Is it possible that it needs the 20e account balance before they allow ordering virtual card?

That brings up a delivery address form so presume that next step is payment for delivery?

Is it possible that it needs the 20e account balance before they allow ordering virtual card?

For me that orders a new virtual card.

I don't know if you need to have 20€ top up or even a physical card for it to work.

Also, as virtual cards cost nothing it should not ask for delivery address/payment.

I am both verified, and I have a physical card, so maybe that is required?

For me that orders a new virtual card.

I don't know if you need to have 20€ top up or even a physical card for it to work.

Also, as virtual cards cost nothing it should not ask for delivery address/payment.

I am both verified, and I have a physical card, so maybe that is required?

I'm verified with zero balance, no problem adding 20 but don't need a physical card, just the virtual one.

An earlier post suggested it should work without needing a physical card...
    https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=116800269&postcount=32

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭Delta2113

Zardoz wrote: »

- I'm with these years and I got a virtual card from a special link on Facebook that wise put out so yes still in Beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭Delta2113

https://wise.com/gb/card/ecocards - another card for the collection.

Advertisement