Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take for mail from the uk to Ireland.

Options
  • 17-02-2017 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭

Ordered something on Monday night from England. It was despatched on Tuesday with tracking information with royal mail. Tracking says item received at Heathrow on Tuesday night. Wednesday am item forwarded onto Ireland. There's been no further information with tracking here since. I was hoping it would be here by today. My postman is usually gone by now but I don't think he even went today. I didn't see him anyways. Will have to wait til next week now for delivery at some stage. 😞

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,452 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Ordered something on Monday night from England. It was despatched on Tuesday with tracking information with royal mail. Tracking says item received at Heathrow on Tuesday night. Wednesday am item forwarded onto Ireland. There's been no further information with tracking here since. I was hoping it would be here by today. My postman is usually gone by now but I don't think he even went today. I didn't see him anyways. Will have to wait til next week now for delivery at some stage. 😞

Forwarded on Wednesday so land on Wed night/Thursday morning. Sent to portlaoise distribution centre for scan etc so could only get picked up in there later on this evening so I would say delivery by Tuesday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Forwarded on Wednesday so land on Wed night/Thursday morning. Sent to portlaoise distribution centre for scan etc so could only get picked up in there later on this evening so I would say delivery by Tuesday :D

Tuesday😭

I was hoping for a miracle delivery for today.

I order from another company regularly in England for my hobby. Delivery is usually very fast. Like order on a Friday morning, delivery to Ireland on Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I order from another company regularly in England for my hobby. Delivery is usually very fast.
    is this royal mail?

I have not ordered in a while but would expect it to be up to 2 weeks. I have found parcel motel to be a lot quicker, even though you might think it would be slower as it has to go through the courier too. Seems to me royal mail just deliver to NI a lot quicker.

rubadub wrote: »
    is this royal mail?

I have not ordered in a while but would expect it to be up to 2 weeks. I have found parcel motel to be a lot quicker, even though you might think it would be slower as it has to go through the courier too. Seems to me royal mail just deliver to NI a lot quicker.

The hobby/knitting company I order from is very fast and it comes to me by post so I presume it's coming through Royal Mail. I've been very lucky with quick service many times. Ordering on a Thursday or Friday and delivery on Monday. I've been left shocked many times. Although usually no tracking with that company.

I'm putting the tracking number into the anpost site for tracking and there's nothing showing up at all. Is that usual. Surely there would be some sort of an update like arrived at Athlone's mail centre or whatever. Find it weird how there's no update now on Friday evening.

I've loads of experience sending registered parcels from Ireland to Australia and honest to god, send a parcel on the Tuesday or Wednesday and then it's forwarded onto Heathrow, and then onto Australia. Like clockwork it's usually updated by Sunday night. How for the love of God does it take nearly the same amount of time to get something from England to Ireland as it does from Ireland to Australia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,017 ✭✭✭tsue921i8wljb3

Thanks for that tracking app. Downloaded there and checked it out with my tracking number but information displayed same as the royal mail site.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,166 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sometimes AP fail to scan unsigned packages. It could have been loaded after 2.30PM today for the Monday route.

ED E wrote: »
    Sometimes AP fail to scan unsigned packages. It could have been loaded after 2.30PM today for the Monday route.

Yeah, I find it bizarre how there's been no update to the tracking since it was scanned last a very early Wednesday am. It doesn't take that long to get something from England to Ireland. Hopefully there will be some sort of a change on Monday.

Advertisement