Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 - will it be decent?

Options
  • 02-01-2017 2:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭

No.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Czar Nicholas II wrote at the time that "1916 has been a terrible year, 1917 can only be better".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

2016 was great.

See attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭xabi

I think all these celebrity deaths has people thinking it was a bad year. As was posted above I think it was a great year, was for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

No. The stage has been set.
    Brexit will become the fully fledged disaster it promises.
    Trump will continue his pattern of lies, boasts, bluffs, and blunder his way into catastrophe.
    Homelessness will continue.
    Water charges resurface.
    The govt will teeter on buying off where it can in the public service and dodging social issues.
    Putin will continue destabilization of Europe.
    Turkey will become a major problem for the EU.
    China will seize Taiwan and Trump will blink first.

Apart from that everything will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,572 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

I doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

#MayoForSam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Noveight wrote: »
    #MayoForSam

The triumph of hope over experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

No.

You started a thread with a question and then answered it with the first post??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

With the coronation of God-Emperor Trump, well decent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

2017 will be what you make of it.

2016 was good year for me. I started a new job and fulfilled a dream of visiting Japan. By the way I'd highly recommend it. Tokyo is the most amazing place on this planet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Atari Jaguar

You started a thread with a question and then answered it with the first post??

Problem?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rainman16

Noveight wrote: »
    #MayoForSam

Give it up man. You lot are born losers, You'll never be better than 2nd best.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

xabi wrote: »
    I think all these celebrity deaths has people thinking it was a bad year. As was posted above I think it was a great year, was for me anyway.

If you survived 2016 you weren't as famous as you thought.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

I think it will be a very challenging year. We are only a few terrorist attacks away from the collapse of the EU. By that I mean populist anti EU parties are on the rise in Germany and France both having elections this year. I suspect LePen will win in France anyway.

What Trump will bring to the table God knows but I'm very discouraged by his erratic tweets. Doesn't fill me with confidence.

I think FF will pull the plug on our weak Government. They are biding their time.
    Overall a tough year ahead I think continueing on from the madness of 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭El Horseboxo

Life is what you make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,241 ✭✭✭✭endacl

• Registered Users Posts: 81,516 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I look forward to a Twitter war between Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un, it would be great, particularly if they arranged to slag each other at a certain day of the week every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

2016 was an ok year, I'm sure 2017 will be ok too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

well on a plus side ..at least we won't have anymore 1916 Rising glorifying bollixology

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Rainman16 wrote: »

None so blind as those who will not see!

I'm not even from Mayo ffs... :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

2nd best would be the greatest heights of our lives and a damn sight better than 19th best of 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

2017 will be grand, 2016 wasn't too bad. 2018 is probably the one you want to watch out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

2017 will be what you make of it.

2016 was good year for me. I started a new job and fulfilled a dream of visiting Japan. By the way I'd highly recommend it. Tokyo is the most amazing place on this planet.

But people died you monster.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,730 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Who knows what the future may bring.
    All we can do is make the best of the here and now and use past experiences to our benefit.

2016 was really good for me, I expect similar for this year, but that is just guessing and presuming rather than being based on evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Trump will be a disaster but the real poo won't hit the fan until probably 2018 - Don't be suprised if they're left with a President Pence before long (and don't rule out assasination as a possible reason for that)

Article 50 will be triggered and again in 2018, as the deal the UK will get becomes more clear, more countries will want out of the EU. Italy will be next to go

Ireland and Apple will lose their appeals against the EU Apple ruling

Flight MH370 will not be found

Dublin will win the All-Ireland football title again - Waterford to finally win in Hurling

The Irish Government will not fall until the spring of 2018 and Enda will still be Taoiseach going in to it

The Ireland rugby team will finish second to England in the six-nations

The Irish soccer team will qualify for the 2018 World Cup finals

Rory McIlroy will return to World #1 ranking

Katy Taylor will fall on her ar se

People will go "m'eh, the Late Late Toy Show wasn't as good as other years"....forgetting they have said the exact same thing on all other years

I still won't have a clue what The Kardashians do

We'll still do ferc all in The Eurovision and we'll have our annual one day debate about how we should go back to the old method of choosing our representative

ECB Interest rates will start to rise again prompting a big slowdown in Irish growth and setting us up for a 2018 recession. House prises will go back down again.

More terrorist attacks in mainland Europe and in the UK - the usual domestic terrorism in the US

The same poor feckers in the same parts of Ireland will get flooded out of their homes again

We'll reach a realization that we're in a lot more 5hit over climate change a lot sooner than we all thought

VR, AR and the Internet of Things takes a much greater foothold in life

The Pope's health brings his 2018 visit to Ireland in to doubt - also questions about the succession of Queen Elizabeth

Putin and Russia will get bolder, egg'd on by Trump

People will continue to over-react to celebrity deaths

Sky will still have people thinking that the result of West Brom Vs Southampton is vitally important!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

RobertKK wrote: »
    Who knows what the future may bring.
    All we can do is make the best of the here and now and use past experiences to our benefit.

2016 was really good for me, I expect similar for this year, but that is just guessing and presuming rather than being based on evidence.

For me, was a disaster. The assault, facing eviction, then the health scare and bad news... We sail now into unknown waters, trusting and hoping ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

It's going to be a rough year. I can predict with absolute certainty that in March or April a plane carrying dozens of Komodo dragons will crash in Ireland. They will claim at least 1,000 lives before being caught. That won't be the end of it though because these Komodo Dragons will have been carrying a virulent strain of rabies.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,115 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

It's going to be a rough year. I can predict with absolute certainty that in March or April a plane carrying dozens of Komodo dragons will crash in Ireland. They will claim at least 1,000 lives before being caught. That won't be the end of it though because these Komodo Dragons will have been carrying a virulent strain of rabies.

Well, it least it's an island.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Well, it least it's an island.

Ah but can they swim? Or FLY! HORRORS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I'm finding the doom mongering a little weak. I might beef it up a little. Think the below but a new one due to Trump and Brexit :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtjMkxjnA58

Advertisement