Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

30-12-2016, 03:17   #1
Kermit.de.frog

Brief window for snow in Eastern and Northern Counties - Jan 1st, 2nd

May as well post something for those hoping for some snow and winter weather.

The East could see some snow showers on the 1st and 2nd. Temperatures at all levels are cold enough, dew points are low enough and the wind will be north-northeast.

So don't be surprised to see at least a dusting. Cold air flowing over still relatively warm waters can beef up shower activity.

Hate to be in the Isle of Man shadow

Higher ground (Wicklow) a given.

No need for any warning yet. Be wary though of very cold nights to come nationwide.

Last edited by Kermit.de.frog; 30-12-2016 at 03:34.
Advertisement
30-12-2016, 14:36   #2
sparrowcar

A Kermit thread about snow now 11 hours old and no replies...

I remember a time when people left work early collected their kids from school after a Kermit snow thread was started?!
30-12-2016, 18:27   #3
Clonmel1000

Met Eireann making no mention of any snow on the forecast after 6 O Clock news. Average temps for next week then. Once again nothing to see here.
(2) thanks from:
30-12-2016, 18:31   #4
Storm 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clonmel1000 View Post
Met Eireann making no mention of any snow on the forecast after 6 O Clock news. Average temps for next week then. Once again nothing to see here.
Some difference there between MT and ME for next week, more mild weather and settled conditions
Thanks from:
30-12-2016, 18:43   #5
Donegal Storm

Hi res also suggests high ground only

Advertisement
30-12-2016, 18:46   #6
icesnowfrost

U can see how frustrated Evelyn looked. Very bland forecast for a reason. They won't mention snow unless they are 100% positive. They tend to use the term wintery showers a lot coz it covers them for everything lol. I'd say they will change the forecast tomorrow but it is going to be mostly dry Sunday and Monday but there will be some snow on high ground
30-12-2016, 19:04   #7
Gonzo

Send a message via MSN to Gonzo
even the UK forecasts are going for rain there.
Thanks from:
30-12-2016, 20:07   #8
Banned

Hopes dashed yet again. I'm afraid 2010 was the last big cold spell that any of us will ever see in our lifetimes. Now I know I come across as doom and gloom on here but I really thought the east was going to break through and deliver. Just a few days of snowy weather would lift many people. It makes the winter. It hardens things up. I fear it will be a non eventful winter for the next 3 months. I'm not looking for storms, just some cold hard snowy weather for a week or so.
Thanks from:
30-12-2016, 20:16   #9
Villain

Harmonie 12z says NO!
Advertisement
30-12-2016, 20:20   #10
icesnowfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraxinus1 View Post
Hopes dashed yet again. I'm afraid 2010 was the last big cold spell that any of us will ever see in our lifetimes. Now I know I come across as doom and gloom on here but I really thought the east was going to break through and deliver. Just a few days of snowy weather would lift many people. It makes the winter. It hardens things up. I fear it will be a non eventful winter for the next 3 months. I'm not looking for storms, just some cold hard snowy weather for a week or so.
Relax lol it's only one run that's not great but not to bad either. Let's see how the next few runs goes before we cancel winter lol 😂❄️️❄️️
Thanks from:
30-12-2016, 22:47   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by fraxinus1 View Post
Ah feck that, i'm only 40 and expect to see some amazing wintry weather before i kick the bucket Hope to be firing snowballs at 80
30-12-2016, 22:50   #12
munsterlegend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagdefy View Post
Ah feck that, i'm only 40 and expect to see some amazing wintry weather before i kick the bucket Hope to be firing snowballs at 80
Not far off you. A lot of ott comments based on one bad afternoon runs! I think we will get lucky at some stage over the next 3 months.
30-12-2016, 22:57   #13
JanuarySnowstor

I stick to what I said last night.
A couple of hours worth of back edge snow tomorrow night. Uppers and thickness are more than enough
Thanks from:
30-12-2016, 22:58   #14
Sleety_Rain

I think the best one can hope for is 30mins of sleet/wet snow, that is if some heavy precip forms along the front.
Thanks from:
30-12-2016, 23:00   #15
dexter647

Quote:
Originally Posted by munsterlegend View Post
Not far off you. A lot of ott comments based on one bad afternoon runs! I think we will get lucky at some stage over the next 3 months.
Couldn't agree more. What we are seeing in all the outputs is no sign of a rampant Atlantic so lets be patient and I am sure we will get what we want......eventually
(4) thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion