Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your predictions for 2017 ?

• 19-12-2016 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭

2016 was a mad year in so many unpredictable ways, from a long list of celebrity deaths to Brexit, Trump etc, so what do you predict for 2017 on the world stage, and at home ...

Will artical 50 actually be triggered?
    Will Trump be a revelation (or a disaster) ?
    Will missing flight MH370 be found?
    Will Enda carry on as Taoiseach?
    Will Marine Le Pen win & take France out of the EU?
    Will Corbyn still be leader of the UK Labour party?

Feel free to add your own predictions & answers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

LordSutch wrote: »
    2016 was a mad year in so many unpredictable ways, from a long list of celebrity deaths to Brexit, Trump etc, so what do you predict for 2017 on the world stage, and at home ...

Feel free to add your own predictions & answers :)

Mainly dry with occasional showers.Strong winds in many western coastal areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

These are all questions not predictions

Yes

Disaster. And as **** hits the fan he blames everyone but himself and ramps up the bigotry and hate

It already was. Ready the news.

He wont see out the year.

She won't win.

Who cares. The leader of the oppositon is irrelevant

Predictions;

Sport
    Chelsea to win the Prem.
    New England to win the SuperBowl
    Kerry -v- Mayo All Ireland. Mayo break the hudoo.

Politics.
    Government to fall. Leo Vradker to become leader of FG. FF to go into colition with SF

Predictions;

Sport
    Chelsea to win the Prem.

Politics.
    Government to fall. Leo Vradker to become leader of FG. FF to go into colition with SF

With the exception of the All Ireland, those predictions make up a pretty solid accumulator.

2017 is going to be wall-to-wall Trump. Barring him walking away/being disqualified before being sworn in, or being assassinated early on (all highly probable), his first 300 days in office is just going to be a complete sh1tshow that the media will love.

I love how people seem to think 2016 has been crazy so 2017 will be somewhat normal. 2017 is going to be 2016's hangover. All of the pain and horror without any of the laughs.

With the exception of the All Ireland, those predictions make up a pretty solid accumulator.

The way the Semi finals work out Munster winner plays Ulster Winner and Connaght plays Leinster.

So I expect Mayo v Dublin and Tyrone v Kerry.

Mayo prob have the beating of Dublin in a Semi

The way the Semi finals work out Munster winner plays Ulster Winner and Connaght plays Leinster.

They do in fairness to them,indeed they have done in recent memory but do they have the beating of lets assume Kerry in the final?Or any of the big teams in the final for that matter?Also,i wouldn't rule out Monaghan taking the spoils in Ulster.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,576 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Limerick FC to be relegated. That's my main concern for the coming year.

Mayo, New England and Chelsea is 26/1 on an Accumulator.

You cant mix political bets.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭Galway_Old_Man

I'm looking forward to the testing of SpaceX Dragon V2 and the launch of Nasa's next planet hunter telescope.

Trump will be a fairly average President. Much to the outrage of his political opponents and hysterical Twitter peoples.

Europe to continue on its never ending economic uncertainties. Article 50 will be activated adding to it.

Paul Murphy will be beside himself celebrating a 100 years since the Russian Revolution.

Kerry to have a meltdown early in the Summer and bow out by round 2 qualifiers.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

seamus wrote: »
    2017 is going to be wall-to-wall Trump. Barring him walking away/being disqualified before being sworn in, or being assassinated early on (all highly probable), his first 300 days in office is just going to be a complete sh1tshow that the media will love.

I love how people seem to think 2016 has been crazy so 2017 will be somewhat normal. 2017 is going to be 2016's hangover. All of the pain and horror without any of the laughs.

Trump will never be president and Europe will become a wasteland according to some ould wan that died over 20 years ago, if you were to believe her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭Firefox11

Predictions;

Sport
    Chelsea to win the Prem.

Politics.

I dont think the government will fall. Theres no apatite for another election. It will be kept toghether with glue and sticky tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm betting lots of celebrities and well loved public personalities will die, then we'll all cry out about how 2017 was so cruel

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

At least 12 months long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Twitter will mysteriously disappear due to debt or technical malfunctions. It will actually be a US government plot to shut Trump up before China decides to call in US debt.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Kichote

Teleportation will be invented. A lad on hackaday.com will discover it is actually quite easy to make a door-sized teleporter with readily available components that can connect to any other teleporter by agreeing a special code

Governments, particularly big western ones will try to deny it exits, suppress it, condemn it, try to ban the components used to make them but will fail quite quickly.

There will be some isolated incidents of lads with suicide bomb belts running out of teleporters and blowing themselves up in the middle of London but the jihadi folk will quickly run out of lads to send.

The likes of VW, Uber, Tesla, GM, Aer Lingus will put up a notice outside their offices one morning and announce they are closed for good

Governments will back away and secretly research disrupting the teleporters

by June the roads will be dead quiet

some countries will take a hard-line stance and send out the army to shoot foreigners who teleported in and destroy their teleporters. These will be the pariah states of tomorrow and they'll alienate themselves by doing this. Ireland does not have the military capacity to do this so we'll be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Dublin to win the football
    Waterford to win the hurling
    Dundalk to win LOI
    Barcelona to win the champions league
    Man Utd to win Europa League
    Chelsea to win the Premier league
    Real Madrid to win La Liga
    Nice to win Ligue 1
    Juve to win Serie A
    Bayern to win Bundesliga
    Patriots to win the Super Bowl
    Golden State to win the NBA

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Trump will be a disaster but the real poo won't hit the fan until probably 2018 - Don't be suprised if they're left with a President Pence before long (and don't rule out assasination as a possible reason for that)

Article 50 will be triggered and again in 2018, as the deal the UK will get becomes more clear, more countries will want out of the EU

Ireland and Apple will lose their appeals against the EU Apple ruling

Flight MH370 will not be found

Dublin will win the All-Ireland football title again - Waterford to finally win in Hurling

The Irish Government will not fall until the spring of 2018 and Enda will still be Taoiseach going in to it

The Ireland rugby team will finish second to England in the six-nations

The Irish soccer team will qualify for the 2018 World Cup finals

Rory McIlroy will return to World #1 ranking

Katy Taylor will fall on her ar se

People will go "m'eh, the Late Late Toy Show wasn't as good as other years"....forgetting they have said the exact same thing on all other years

I still won't have a clue what The Kardashians do

We'll still do ferc all in The Eurovision and we'll have our annual one day debate about how we should go back to the old method of choosing our representative

ECB Interest rates will start to rise again prompting a big slowdown in Irish growth and setting us up for a 2018 recession. House prises will go back down again.

More terrorist attacks in mainland Europe and in the UK - the usual domestic terrorism in the US

The same poor feckers in the same parts of Ireland will get flooded out of their homes again

We'll reach a realization that we're in a lot more 5hit over climate change a lot sooner than we all thought

VR, AR and the Internet of Things takes a much greater foothold in life

The Pope's health brings his 2018 visit to Ireland in to doubt - also questions about the succession of Queen Elizabeth

Putin and Russia will get bolder, egg'd on by Trump

People will continue to over-react to celebrity deaths

Sky will still have people thinking that the result of West Brom Vs Southampton is vitally important!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Armed conflict in the Middle East.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭3 the square

wills and kate to split in the summer
    sad:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Arlene Foster will still be 1st Minister up North, and Enda will remain Taoiseach down here!
    Farage will become a Lord, Trump will not build 'the wall' and the EU will not collapse ...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Friday 13th in January and October.

Just saying....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Mr. FoggPatches

Mayo?
    In a final?
    In croke park?

Don't be ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

for the twentieth consecutive year, I'd like to predict the death of Kirk Douglas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Beginning to look like Angela Merkel may well come unstuck in the German elections, later in the year ...

And I'm beginning to get the impression that Theresa May will announce a so called 'Hard Brexit', which will be the real shocker of 2017.

I hope somebody can add some happier predictions!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

wish people would stop predicting waterford to will a hurling allireland ,

its never gona happen i m afraid no matter how hard you wish it .

as for predictions

more gangland hits
    more political dirtyness
    Europe and america to become more right wing and ireland to remain limp wristed lefties due to rampant media interference

weather will be ****e too

• Registered Users Posts: 16,120 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Trump to be impeached and indicted. And end the year in self-imposed exile in Moscow. :D

• Site Banned Posts: 33 themagiconion

I have this terrible feeling that these will happen in 2017. Maybe my dreams are just crazy, I hope so.

A major earthquake in calafornia's fault line, 8 magnitude on the richter scale.

Apple wins it's case against the EU commission.

Major flooding in the west of Ireland in june/july 2017 due to abnormal jetstream anomaly.

Major economic crash from China affecting world economies.

Terrorist attacks using light aircraft with body enabled detonators on electrical power structures.

Happy Holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭buried

Major comet strike to hit Beverlly Hills on oscar night. Ultimate dead celebrity story night. Donald Trump tweets that the comet orginated from China. It all kicks off.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Beanntraigheach

I was staring intently into a bowl of water last night, as you do, when suddenly terrible visions of things yet to come were revealed to me!
    Rather than give a straightforward, intelligible account of what I saw - so as to, you know, forewarn others and prove the truth of my amazing gifts - I decided to write them out in quatrains, using vague and obscure language.

Here's one:

In Domus Alba Caesar strings the bow,
    Many eyes shall look upon the ocean,
    Cathay's eagles eat carrion at Potmoc,
    But the great northern capital is burning.

Incredible, I know.
    I'm available for parties folks, tell your friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

People will get stressed and worried about ****e that shouldn't worry or stress them and go on to their chosen form of media to complain about it and argue with others.

The end.