Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**COMPETITION CLOSED**The GRAND FINALE! Christmas Crackers Photo Competition 2016

Options
  • 10-12-2016 10:33pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This competition is now over and the winners announced. Thanks all!

Okay folks, drumroll please!
    The photos have been posted, the votes have been cast, and we have our finalists for the Christmas Crackers Photo Competition 2016 :):):)

So, the following are our finalists for each category...
    Category 1: Baby Face
    TK123's baby Bailey, aged only 6 weeks in this baby photo, and looking sooooo cute, got 8 thanks in the qualifiers.

Category 2: Golden Oldies
    Capercaillie's popular old friend of the forum, 15-and-a-quarter years old TinTin won the Golden Oldies category hands down with 12 thanks.

Category 3: Poseur McPoseyPants
    Knine's hilarious Border Terrier Hazel giving it loads on the beach, won the poseur's category with 17 thanks!

Category 4: Lights! Camera! Action!
    We have a draw in this category with 10 thanks each we have...
    My own little white hen Aoife, running through the snow
    and
    Andreac's incredibly handsome young Rottie Viktor, definitely knows the camera is on him!

Category 5: LOL Pets!
    A hotly contested category this, but with a clear winner... VonVix's young German Shepherd Hawk, looking like someone started to read the how-to-put-dogs-together manual in the middle :D

Category 6: No Dogs or Cats Allowed!
    Knine again, with Rio the parrotlet in a "is she alive or dead?" pose... alive, I'm happy to report. Just sleeping :o

Category 7: Never Forget
    Thanks to everyone who posted in this category, I know it's not necessarily an easy thing to do... Our winner this year was SillyMangoX's Dude, a young man whose loss earlier this year was felt by many in this forum who had followed his trials and tribulations in recent years. It's not his first time making the final either :o It seems apt that he's in the final again now :)

So, here's what happens now.
    Each of the winning photos is posted below.
    This thread will stay open for one week, and will be closed next Saturday, December 17th at 9pm sharp.

At that time, the photo with the most thanks will be announced our overall winner.
    At this stage, I'll encourage people to vote for their favourite photo only, so that we have a clear winner at the end :)
    The winner will have €20 donated to an animal charity of their choice (must be an Irish registered charity!), and another €20 donated to the Santa Strike Force on their behalf :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Category 1: Baby Face!
    TK123's Golden Retriever Bailey as a pup aged 6 weeks... awwwww :o

2vknfwp.png

Category 2: Golden Oldies
    Capercaillie's old terrier pal TinTin, aged 15 and a quarter :) We always look forward to his birthday photos, may there be many more!

dnk29v.jpg

Category 3: Poseur McPoseyPants
    Knine's Border Terrier Hazel giving it everything she's got in the sunshine on the beach :D

343hgsh.jpg

Category 4: Lights! Camera! Action! (joined category winner)
    DBB's little white hen Aoife pretending she's not there at all!

154vv5s.jpg

Category 4: Lights! Camera! Action! (joined Category Winner)
    Andreac's handsome Rottie fella, this is Viktor!

t6dwms.jpg

• Advertisement

Category 5: LOL Pets!
    VonVix's hilarious moment of GSD Hawk doing... well... I don't really know what he's doing, but it's funny :D

111o7le.jpg

Category 6: No Dogs or Cats Allowed!
    Knine's Parrotlet Rio not dead... having a snooze :)

f3mso.jpg

Category 7: Never Forget
    Our chance to remember pets we've bid a sad goodbye to, SillyMangoX's Dude is remembered here, a firm forum favourite, we all felt his loss this year :(

2qnmf6h.jpg

Okay folks, over to you!
    Remember, voting for this competition closes on Saturday 17th December at 9pm sharp!
    Enjoy :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

Ah man, this is tough! It's so hard to pick a favourite!!! I'm actually delighted I didn't have time to post my own pics this year - there are some gorgeous pics that I'd hate to be up against. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Wow I was expecting every pic to be Knine's!! :p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

tk123 wrote: »
    Wow I was expecting every pic to be Knine's!! :p;)

My eggs did not make it :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

The Tintin is delighted to be carrying the flag for the Golden Oldies with multiple health issues!!

Bumping this thread to keep the votes coming! Only 2 days left until the winner is announced! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Was just looking at last years thread tonight, such different circumstances but still so lovely to be part of this thread again!

Tick tock, tick tock!

I'm delighted to announce that we have our result!

For the second year in a row, we have a draw! We also have an unusual scenario that the same pet shared first place in both years, but as his momma said above, things are sadly very different now :(
    That said, I for one couldn't be happier with the result, as our two winners are well known to us here in Animals & Pets, we're all very fond of them both, so a draw seems very apt indeed... a fair result :)

With 17 votes each.... *drumroll*...... we have...

Capercaillie's adorable elderly gent TinTin striking a wise and knowing pose for the camera in the Golden Oldies Category.. Go TinTin!

dnk29v.jpg

And SillyMangoX's adorable cat Dude in the Never Forget Category. You'll never be forgotten here little man :o

2qnmf6h.jpg

Well done to you both!

I snuck in ahead of schedule last night to take advantage of Beasty doubling all donations made to the SSF, and donated €20.
    Happily, Beasty has kindly extended his brilliant offer to tonight, so I'm going to toddle off there now and make a second donation of €20 for our two winners :)

Will the two winners PM me when ye get a chance to arrange your donations to your chosen animal charities?
    Thanks folks! Another year over and two very deserving winners!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Fantastic. Well done to both! Lovely pictures

Fantastic result. Two worthy winners! Well done guys :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Aw yay! So bittersweet and lovely at the same time, no tears were shed I swear :o

And well done to TinTin, beautiful picture!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

The Tintin is delighted to be joint winner of the photo competition with so many furry/feathery friends. A fair result with handsome Dude��. Tintin hopes to win the Golden Oldies section again next year��

Just to confirm, a donation of €20 each for Capercaillie and SillymangoX has been made to the SSF (doubled by Beasty :))
    In addition, and bearing in mind I can't mention rescues by name due to forum rules, a €20 donation was made on Dude/SMX's behalf to an excellent feral cat organisation in Limerick (I'm not a "cat person", but damn I LOVE this organisation :o).
    A further €20 donation was made on TinTin/Capercaillie's behalf to a large, well known, mainly dog rescue based in North Wicklow.
    Well done again to you both, a great result :)
    Happy Christmas everyone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,024 ✭✭✭✭tk123

FIX FIX!! **Booooo hiss boooo *** ;) :pac:

Well done to TinTin and poor Dude!

Advertisement