Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modest beginnings - Thrustmaster TX

Options
  • 05-12-2016 8:38pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wanted to post to say hello and a big thanks to Dcully for mentioning Thrustmaster a while back when I was thinking of get the Logitech 920. You sent me spiralling down a path of research, research and more research. Gave my wallet a battering too! :D

I barely dabbled in sim racing years ago with some RBR and a few months subbed to iRacing - using my ancient Logitech Driving Force Pro (PS2 era!) and Wheel Stand Pro v1. Never stuck with it though.

So I wanted to get into it proper and get a wheel that would work on Xbox One and PC - I finally settled on the TX Leather Edition as it seemed to get good reviews for the price bracket - decent rim, ffb and pedals with that conical brake mod thingie. But that meant an upgrade to the Wheel Stand Pro was needed too, so went with the Deluxe V2 (a proper rig will have to wait). I also couldn't resist getting that 599 wheel for the Alcantara covering. :o

Going to give it a bash putting it all together this evening and see how I get on. Actually really looking forward to diving into this proper on pc and console.

Q46kSKp.jpg

Comparison between v1 and v2 of the Wheel Stand Pro - v2 is much heavier.

DuxfZTh.jpg

The 599 rim is a couple of inches in diameter bigger I believe, feels amazing to hold.

F0No1tS.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,950 ✭✭✭Doge

Welcome aboard Andrew!

Nice gear you bought there, and love thesneaky shot of the BVM/PVM Monitor!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Doge wrote: »
    Welcome aboard Andrew!

Nice gear you bought there, and love thesneaky shot of the BVM/PVM Monitor!

Cheers. Just wanted to get my foot back on the sim-racing ladder to be honest and figured Thrustmaster was an ok place to start. I haven't been lucky enough to try anything more expensive but pleasantly surprised by the quality of them all the same. The TP3A pedals with the conical brake mod feels great - turn 1 at Interlagos is giving my leg a decent workout! :D

The BVM shot was by accident - the office/games/gym room is pretty packed. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Very nice, enjoy !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Sorry to bring up an old thread but looking to get a wheel and the wheelstand pro v2 so basically what you have so wondering how are you finding it?

Looked at alot if reviews and YouTube and the tx leather edition seems to be the way to go where is the best place to buy does anyone know?

Advertisement