Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Imagine LTE Router Login

Options
  • 11-11-2016 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am wondering if anyone has the login details for wn-600 router.
    I have tried the username admin and the password as admin also but it did not work.
    Tried looking online but could not find the details.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Tommy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You can't.

Any setting you want changed must be done over the phone with their support staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭rdavey14

ED E wrote: »
    You can't.

Any setting you want changed must be done over the phone with their support staff.

That's a load of Bull, I would leave the Company instantly. F them if they think that people shouldn't have the right to change their own router settings

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

I heard about this issue a few weeks back as I was planning to move from Three to Imagine and it instantly turned me off getting into a contract with the company. It is an archaic way to approach things. I still want to move away from Three (as speeds suck), but this restriction is borderline stupid in my opinion. What horribleness do they think I am going to do with access to the router?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

tinodz wrote: »
    I heard about this issue a few weeks back as I was planning to move from Three to Imagine and it instantly turned me off getting into a contract with the company. It is an archaic way to approach things. I still want to move away from Three (as speeds suck), but this restriction is borderline stupid in my opinion. What horribleness do they think I am going to do with access to the router?

Apparently it's for "security purposes". Router contains telephone settings which they don't want you to have.
    They won't even give you the details if you threaten to cancel.
    They will set up port forwarding or change wifi details if you call them though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Can't they put it into bridge mode and alow you to use your own router?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

Hi,

I hope somebody may have come across this issue and can help me.

We got Imagine Broadband about 6 weeks ago. As we've an office in the house, my IT support providers ported the broadband to our Dell SOHO sonic wall. The Imagine wireless wasn't switched off and the network is still available.

I am finding that we are getting much better speeds (20megs) when we are hardwired to the sonic wall than using our wireless network from the sonic wall (10megs).

I also think we are getting higher speeds connecting to the imagine router wirelessly.

The speeds we getting are adequete for work and much better than the 2megs we had been getting but I am wondering if the Imagine router and Sonic wall set up are draining some of the speed.

Any help would be appreciated.

What model is the SW unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

Its a Sonicwall SOHO about 3 months old.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 johnyhealy

Hey Guys;

I'm in the middle of building a house and have pre-ordered Imagine's service. The house will have cat 6 cables running to most rooms and gonna have these terminating in attic. In you experience should i just be able to connect in a 8/16 port switch to share the connection around the house or will I need to ask Imagine support to do something on the router?

johnyhealy wrote: »
    Hey Guys;

I'm in the middle of building a house and have pre-ordered Imagine's service. The house will have cat 6 cables running to most rooms and gonna have these terminating in attic. In you experience should i just be able to connect in a 8/16 port switch to share the connection around the house or will I need to ask Imagine support to do something on the router?

For the record, Navi answered this in his own thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=103662907&postcount=8

• Advertisement
Advertisement