Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend GP Castletroy/Annacotty Area

Options
  • 19-08-2016 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi

Can anyone recommend a GP in the Castletroy or Annacotty area. My current GP is great but wait times average around 2 hours and with small kids it's just not working for us. Ideally I'd like somewhere that has a nurse who can do vaccines etc so we're not waiting for a GP for those routine things.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭theblackstuff

Dr. Liam Holmes

Have been with him since we arrived in limerick, never any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,319 ✭✭✭Tefral

The health centre alongside O'Connells Pub? Dr. Magner. My wife sees him. Theres a nurse in there too i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sammy2016

have you tried matthew kiely he doesnt have a nurse but is great with kids and very nice to deal with his across from the mill bar..he seems to stick to his appointment times

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭shoppergal

Great, thanks all, will check them out

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭taxus_baccata

I second Dr kiely, he is fantastic with children and is so thorough in his approach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Castletroy Medical Centre Dr Hanley in there is a lovely fella

• Registered Users Posts: 39 pippin5

Newtown Medical Centre are not taking on any new patients.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭ChewBerecca

pippin5 wrote: »
    Newtown Medical Centre are not taking on any new patients.

Hopefully to tackle the near hour long wait for a scheduled appointment for the existing patients.

Never had such delays in any of my previous GPs and theres already a weeks wait minimum for the appointment in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭littlemisshobo

Dr Liam Holmes, Kilmurry Medical Centre. He will recommend new patients meet with him first so you can decide if it's right practice for you. He's very evidence based and takes time to explain best practice treatment plans. The nurse at the practice, his wife, is really lovely. Receptionist is great too. So glad I switched here from last GP.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Same as everything else online, for every 1 complaint you read, there will be 99 who had no complaints. Bear that in mind please.

Also, please stop posting your personal opinions of people, particularly if they are negative. Someone said bizarre behaviour for example. That could be they were talking to a rubber chicken, or didn't take medical cards.

OP is looking for recommendations, not negative reviews

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

The trouble with the waiting times in newtown medical centre is waiting times . mums with with kids for a check up too many of them there due to free health care.

Why were posts deleted? An opinion was asked and people gave them. Deleting those comments look like a certain practice is good when several people expressed otherwise. Mod you went ott editing this thread.

Disgraceful.

I deleted defamatory posts. This thread, if you read the title, was asking for recommendations. Those posts were not recommendations.

I've infracted the user above for backseat moderation. If you have an issue with anything here, report it.

The Dr was recommended and people had a bad experience with same doctor so expressed that. That is important information in a thread looking for recommendations and it helps give honest experiences and an informed decision.

Back seat mod? What a joke. I pointed out a stupid decision to delete real experiences with a GP who charged medical card patients when he shouldn't, and did other things people are unhappy about, that would directly impact a decision to use his clinic.

Infraction? **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Giggsy19

I second Dr kiely, he is fantastic with children and is so thorough in his approach.

+1 for Dr.Kiely. Very responsive and friendly. Very good with children and very little waiting times and can usually get an appointment very quickly.

Little miss hobo has been banned from this forum for a month, for her abusive comments above, and backseat moderation. If anyone else would like to join her, please let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

I switched from a doctor I had very negative experiences with to Dr Liam Holmes whom I find very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 GCIREL

Dt Matt Kiely I like a lot. Always runs on time. Brilliant with my little baby and they take appointment times into consideration. Example will take my baby in for the first appointment after lunch to ensure he isn't sat in waiting with sick people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭Rashers Big Log

MarkR wrote: »
    Little miss hobo has been banned from this forum for a month, for her abusive comments above, and backseat moderation. If anyone else would like to join her, please let me know.

I just want to commend this outstanding display of mod action. It’s fairly clear you’ve saved both boards.ie and a few users possible legal trouble. Despite the fact you took abuse over it MarkR, I just want to commend and thank you for keeping the site safe.

Advertisement