Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Renting field out to farmer for horses

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Hmmm, after a little digging-
    ''It is an offence to bury dead animals on-farm, except in accordance with a licence issued by the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food.''

&

The burial of animals that die on farm regardless of age is precluded unless the farmer has a burial licence issued by the local District Veterinary Office. Such licences can only be issued in respect of fallen animals in remote areas i.e. listed islands, boglands and mountains

Hope that's of some use!

ng7 wrote: »
    Hi there
    Just moved to country and we have 1.5 acres. Farmer asked would we be interested in letting his horses on our land .
    Would love to see horses on field plus they would keep grass down if imagine.
    So, do I charge ? How much? Any precautions need to know about before I agree to it , thanks !
    N.

I would think it's to small for horses. Whatever you decide to do, get an agreement drawn up stating clearly who is responsible for what. eg. Farmer responsible for fences, restoring field to its original state before returning it to you, rent and when it's payable, insurance, etc.
    Personally, I'd go for sheep!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭TopTec

''It is an offence to bury dead animals on-farm, except in accordance with a licence issued by the Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food.''

&

The burial of animals that die on farm regardless of age is precluded unless the farmer has a burial licence issued by the local District Veterinary Office. Such licences can only be issued in respect of fallen animals in remote areas i.e. listed islands, boglands and mountains

Reading that piece of legislation I suspect it relates to farm animals, not pets.

TT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,349 ✭✭✭✭Base price

TopTec wrote: »

&

Reading that piece of legislation I suspect it relates to farm animals, not pets.

TT
    Horses, donkeys etc are not classified as pets, they are farm animals. The premises that they are kept on must be registered with the Dept of Agri, even on a temporary basis - equine herd number. Individual animals must also registered (& now microchipped) with an approved Stud Book. You can no longer register a foal without an equine (herd) number.
    http://www.agriculture.gov.ie/animalhealthwelfare/animalwelfare/registrationofpremisesanimals/registrationofhorsepremises/

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Fireside Solicitor

Stay miles away from horses, will destroy it.

1 and a half acres is feck all, you'd be as well doing something with it that like planting vegetables or apple trees or something. It would be grazed off in no time if you let someone in. If you've moved to the country then give it a try working the land a bit and see how you go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Stay miles away from horses, will destroy it.

1 and a half acres is feck all, you'd be as well doing something with it that like planting vegetables or apple trees or something. It would be grazed off in no time if you let someone in. If you've moved to the country then give it a try working the land a bit and see how you go.

Good idea, fill it with good quality fruit trees. Not those crap trees outta lid/supermarkets.

And hens maybe.

Advertisement