Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farming Chit Chat sticks it to six.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,486 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Youngest lass is sick today and herself and eldest away at swim competition. So nothing being done here at all, and such a nice afternoon too.

Still, when their sick there's nothing can be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,140 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

_Brian wrote: »
    Youngest lass is sick today and herself and eldest away at swim competition. So nothing being done here at all, and such a nice afternoon too.

Still, when their sick there's nothing can be done.
    hope she's ok,just back from youngest lads party, 14 screaming 7-8 year olds is tough going, cup of coffee and milk then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Bullocks wrote: »
    Eventually getting to the cinema, kids gone to a communion so I might even chance a pint on the way home

You be buck leaping in taafes again so

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Always one daft bastard of a calf

First he got jammed in barrier in shed, then he wouldn't go up onto trailer, then he wouldn't come down off same at field while all the other cows and calves took off, when he did come down the rest were gone so he went running blind, he the electric fence full flight, he fcuking sat down then

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

You be buck leaping in taafes again so

Quick one in the Crane , no buck leaping !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Good loser

Went to Far From The Madding Crowd.

The farming scenes were pretty woeful - no surprise there!

Worst for me was Sergeant piking straw onto a horse drawn trailer - everything wrong including the task itself; he used to do a kinda skip and jump with each tiny pikefull (and that's definitely the wrong word)

Good loser wrote: »
    Went to Far From The Madding Crowd.

The farming scenes were pretty woeful - no surprise there!

Worst for me was Sergeant piking straw onto a horse drawn trailer - everything wrong including the task itself; he used to do a kinda skip and jump with each tiny pikefull (and that's definitely the wrong word)

That's what I saw aswell , fine shorthorn cow and nice sheep too . It wasn't as good as I expected but fillums never really live up to the books .
    Can't beat a woman in a corset and frock though !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

That's what I saw aswell , fine shorthorn cow and nice sheep too . It wasn't as good as I expected but fillums never really live up to the books .

Love a good frock do you? :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Dunno about that. The odd one likes a spanking. I'd say :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Kovu wrote: »

They look lovely on the floor!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,741 ✭✭✭CloughCasey1

Tis quiet without Reggie

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭AP2014

Tis quiet without Reggie

The fecker must have found some other women to flirt with besides auld wans like whelan young wans like kovu. Hopefully he'll be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,140 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

AP2014 wrote: »
    The fecker must have found some other women to flirt with besides auld wans like whelan young wans like kovu. Hopefully he'll be back.
    excuse me i dont consider myself an auld one .... yet.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭AP2014

whelan2 wrote: »
    excuse me i dont consider myself an auld one .... yet.

Ah only pulling your leg whelan.......

They look lovely on the floor!

Was a great chat up line back in the day.

"That's a nice dress, the only thing that'd look better on you is me"

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Was a great chat up line back in the day.

"That's a nice dress, the only thing that'd look better on you is me"

:D
    Say you were some charmer!
    Bet the lads hadn't a chance, you'd toy with them & then pounce

Farrell wrote: »
    Say you were some charmer!
    Bet the lads hadn't a chance, you'd toy with them & then pounce

Who? Little ol' me? :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭Farrell

Who? Little ol' me? :eek::eek::eek:
    Emm, play the innocent,
    yep don't believe you

Farrell wrote: »
    Emm, play the innocent,
    yep don't believe you

Ah I didn't have time to act the eejit in Dublin to be honest. I had a job in both Leitrim & Sligo and was president of a sports club so nights out weren't priority I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Got a good bit of fencing done today. Lad with a Hitachi cleaning shores and drove all the posts. Feckin creosote on PDM posts is strong stuff. Must have wiped brow with the gloves, I look like an extra from The Magaluf Weekender....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

I've seen a goodfeew using these lately. Where can they be got? Is PDM a brand name or the type of treatment?

I wouldn't wear one myself but I do like a good frock . Do women ever wear corsets anymore , or is it just the like of Dita von teese that indulges in them ?

Are you going to put a bid on the farm in Kilnacreevy?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,369 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Muckit wrote: »
    I've seen a goodfeew using these lately. Where can they be got? Is PDM a brand name or the type of treatment?

PDM are the type of posts. They can be got here
    http://www.pdm.ie/contact_us.html
    we order them from a local fencing contractor

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Is it he name of the company that makes them? Must have been setup by 3 brothers Paddy, Dan and Mickey-joe :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Muckit wrote: »
    Is it he name of the company that makes them? Must have been setup by 3 brothers Paddy, Dan and Mickey-joe :D

they're bomb proof posts wouldn't bother using other posts here.

I wouldn't wear one myself but I do like a good frock . Do women ever wear corsets anymore , or is it just the like of Dita von teese that indulges in them ?

Are you going to put a bid on the farm in Kilnacreevy?

Nah, you'll see them a lot in the goth/metal scene. Have a nice collection myself but bloody hell they're dear, wouldn't be for everyday wear!

What's this about Kilnacreevy? I noticed one a few miles from me went up for sale too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,324 ✭✭✭naughto

Can you link the pic for me kov

348260.jpg

Thanks

Nah, you'll see them a lot in the goth/metal scene. Have a nice collection myself but bloody hell they're dear, wouldn't be for everyday wear!

What's this about Kilnacreevy? I noticed one a few miles from me went up for sale too.

It would be tricky gear to wear dosing cattle alright I'd say !

I saw a nice farm for sale there in the farming indo , 94 acres. Looks like a neat spot .

It would be tricky gear to wear dosing cattle alright I'd say !

I saw a nice farm for sale there in the farming indo , 94 acres. Looks like a neat spot .

Oh it's the same one I was thinking of, only knew Garadice, not the townland. Did he have a farm in Kildare as well? Or maybe I'm mixing him up with another man of the same name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

We were feeding the calves this morning and my boyfriend decided to show off. He tried to throw a straw bale (attached to a fork ) over the pen but he didn't have enough strength and dropped it which resulted in the fork smacking his chin!!! He's got a right big lump on his chin! I held in the laughter but my god it was funny!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement