Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Farming Chit Chat sticks it to six.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,475 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Kovu wrote: »
    Mum lost the car keys in the house and has to go to town for 6.45. This is hilarious :D
    And posting this rather than looking for them is helping how :p:p

Seriously, if you cant get a funny video of her its no fun for us ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,079 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Lost keys of Jeep last week. Found them on the roof of the Jeep,after about half an hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Ah she found them eventually! They were in the peg basket under some washing:confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

Ah she found them eventually! They were in the peg basket under some washing:confused::confused:

Good place for them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Sacked my 1st cousin today (Bosses son). Was happily surprised the boss backed me up on it.

• Advertisement

Sacked my 1st cousin today (Bosses son). Was happily surprised the boss backed me up on it.

He must of really fked up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

ganmo wrote: »
    He must of really fked up

Just an absolute prick of a lad to deal with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Good place for them
    Sure where else would you keep them?:confused:

:D

One of the warning signs of me getting low blood sugars is looking for my keys. They are always in my front left pocket but damned if i can find them then:(

Coming to America is on. That's me sorted for the night, love this film!

Good movie OK..
    Can never watch a movie a second time... no enjoyment at all..

Now in the theater I've gone to see plays a number of times because different groups do different sets and the roles are so different..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Lost a weanling today. Never seen it before and probably never see it again. Don't know how but she managed to get polywire fence l had dividing paddock wrapped around her leg. Must have got a heart attack and died.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭visatorro

Muckit wrote: »
    Lost a weanling today. Never seen it before and probably never see it again. Don't know how but she managed to get polywire fence l had dividing paddock wrapped around her leg. Must have got a heart attack and died.

Fook.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭IH784man

Christ

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Thats unlucky Muckit, some things you could never plan for :mad:

Soul glow :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭raypallas

Muckit wrote:

Happened to us a few years ago calf fell down a bank got wire wrapped around his leg and the fencer did the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Limestone Cowboy

Joys of farming muckit!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭A cow called Daisy

_Brian wrote: »
    Good movie OK..
    Can never watch a movie a second time... no enjoyment at all..

Now in the theater I've gone to see plays a number of times because different groups do different sets and the roles are so different..

Love the theatre myself and go regularly. Do ya go to theatre in Virginia and to festival in shercock?
    Hope to go to see The Field in Gaiety. Good bailieboro man directing and seamus o'rourke from carrickgallen as the bishop. Think he brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Count Mondego

I think the best comment I ever heard on here was "they're everyday dreaming up new ways to die you" never a truer word said. Sorry for your loss.

Ah look in the grand scheme of things tis nothing. They must have been racing around or something. Will never know. If the fence broke might have saved her. It wasn't knotted only crossed. A freak thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

I notice your allot more relaxed about things since your son was born muck it. You must be getting some sleep

Yes 'some' being the operative word :D
    I suppose the little lad does put a slightly different perspective on things.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Genghis Cant

Ah look in the grand scheme of things tis nothing. They must have been racing around or something. Will never know. If the fence broke might have saved her. It wasn't knotted only crossed. A freak thing.

You hear strange ones out and about, but that's certainly up there with them. Like you said, a freak!

The sort of thing you can't plan for Muckit, don't kick yourself in the arse over it. There's probably a queue to do that anyway :D

Supposed to go to a Communion tomorrow, don't really want to go so may just use the old cow calving excuse. One needs to actually do something about that, she's 293 days tomorrow. Hope there's actually something in the wild bítch!!

WARNING TO ALL LORRY DRIVERS
    Researchers for the Swansea Authority found over 200 dead crows near M4 recently, and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu. A Bird Pathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone's relief, confirmed the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu. The cause of death appeared to be vehicular impacts.

However, during the detailed analysis it was noted that varying colours of paints appeared on the bird's beaks and claws. By analysing these paint residues it was determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, while only 2% were killed by an impact with a car.

a Ornithological Behaviourist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of truck kills versus car kills.

The Ornithological Behaviourist very quickly concluded the cause: when crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow in a nearby tree to warn of impending danger.

The scientific conclusion was that while all the lookout crows could say "Cah", none could say "Lorry."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭visatorro

jaysus I'm tired. this year is catching up on me. it. could do with a weeks sleep.

Love the theatre myself and go regularly. Do ya go to theatre in Virginia and to festival in shercock?
    Hope to go to see The Field in Gaiety. Good bailieboro man directing and seamus o'rourke from carrickgallen as the bishop. Think he brilliant

Yea, get to Virginia when we can, used to do Cavan and Shercock drama festivals but recently with small kids we havent been...
    Seamus is always amazing to watch on stage.. Victor's Dung was nothing short of brilliance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Connemara Farmer

WARNING TO ALL LORRY DRIVERS
    Researchers for the Swansea Authority found over 200 dead crows near M4 recently, and there was concern that they may have died from Avian Flu. A Bird Pathologist examined the remains of all the crows, and, to everyone's relief, confirmed the problem was definitely NOT Avian Flu. The cause of death appeared to be vehicular impacts.

However, during the detailed analysis it was noted that varying colours of paints appeared on the bird's beaks and claws. By analysing these paint residues it was determined that 98% of the crows had been killed by impact with trucks, while only 2% were killed by an impact with a car.

a Ornithological Behaviourist to determine if there was a cause for the disproportionate percentages of truck kills versus car kills.

The Ornithological Behaviourist very quickly concluded the cause: when crows eat road kill, they always have a look-out crow in a nearby tree to warn of impending danger.

The scientific conclusion was that while all the lookout crows could say "Cah", none could say "Lorry."

Should be able to thank that twice :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Eventually getting to the cinema, kids gone to a communion so I might even chance a pint on the way home

• Advertisement

Crazy isn't it. Sometimes it's like they're looking for silly ways to die.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement