Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Motorbike Service Parts??

Options
  • 24-04-2015 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi there

I am in the process of buying my first bike. I've gone with a simple Suzuki Bandit 250 as I hear they are bulletproof and a great learner bike.

I'm just wondering are there any online stores like Micksgarage for example where I can buy service parts, etc?

Thanks

Cillian

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Mick's garage do bike parts too. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Micks are only Honda parts at the minute though.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭DJDylan106

I've always found Cotter Motorcycles great for getting service parts etc. from :)

www.cottermc.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭honda boi

http://www.motorcycleshop.ie/
    Great spot for servicing parts and quick delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Just a heads up, prices on motorcycleshop.ie don't include VAT ;)

• Advertisement

I avoid Mick's garage. I find it expensive. Cotter is good and based in Dublin if bits need to go back. Motorcycle shop are based in cork and is the on line bit of Lee motorcycles.

In general I avoid Irish suppliers though. There is an old saying. Put one Irishman on a spit and you'll find two to turn him. We are not always kind to our own. Most bike parts I get I get from the UK (before sterling rose) or Europe by mail order.

Consider Amazon and consider using the German or French sites (amazon.de or amazon.fr). The have a good range of bike bits and the prices are euro. Most often ship to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I find that Louis.ie based in Germany is a very reasonable source of parts if you want to buy in Euro and don't mind a week to get the stuff.

Huge range as well.

Advertisement