Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Forum Closed  

10-04-2015, 17:02   #1
BuilderPlumber

Mark Humphrys ???!!!

Ever check out the site markhumphrys.com. I had seen this several times and was AMAZED yet again to find the person behind this to be a professional, highly qualified person. Yes is a teacher and researcher in DCU. Now, probably he has slack times and all that due to the downturn and tops up his unstable income with being paid yet again to front for global neoconservatism.

Some of the things he has on his site is praise of fellow neocon fronters like Ruth Dudley Edward and Ian O'Doherty, a boast his site is banned in Iran (it should be banned everywhere!!) and a whole list of justifications why he is pro-West, pro-Israel, anti-Islam, anti-Sinn Fein, anti-Iran, anti-Saddam, et al.

12 years on, his still sees the Iraq war as the right thing to do and that is how to solve Iran as well. Not a fan of Saddam's but was getting rid of Saddam the right approach? No. I believe it gave rise to what would become ISIS and helped to popularise al Qaedaism in general. The war also was a mjaor contributor to the world's financial crisis and has destabilised the whole Middle East.

I am not a fan of Iran's post Shah governments (that for the most part were weak and dominated by paramilitary forces). But sometimes hope appears in the Iranian regime that attempts to change it. President Khatami and current president Rouhani are examples. If Iran was in a bad place in the 1980s and 2000s, then it was because of neocon pressures and constant hostility. Iran's regime can change peacefully if it is brought in from the cold. When it gets paranoid, it is because of real fears.

If the likes of Humphrys (or the people who pay Humphrys more like it!!!) had their way, the US and Israel would bomb Iran and Syria. We would once more be told we were fighting for the freedom of an oppressed people. What would happen next?? Khamenei and Assad would lose their jobs within 8 weeks tops and a new puppet would be put into both. ISIS would no doubt exploit things and chaos would ensue. The Revolutionary Guards of Iran, who Khamenei fronts for, would wage a guerrilla war and have experience of waging a prolonged war with little resources because of the Iran-Iraq war. An insurgency against the new Iranian and Syrian governments and their US allies would ensue. Sunni and Shia civil war would also develop. ISIS would attempt to carve out an empire from the Ahvaz area of Iran to the Mediterranean coast. More terrorism and more recession would occur. More hatred.

Now, Dr Humphrys is intelligent enough to get a PhD. He is intelligent enough also to write rubbish he probably does not even believe in but gets paid well to deliver in a talented, academic way. The probably is very evil men exist who have money to pay those who can write fanatic opinions in ways that convince. But who wants a policy of war that also creates terrorism and recession? The answer is the rich who control the markets and who want to exclude the rest of us. Ironically, Humphrys probably finds his teaching and research hours cut because of neocon fanaticism and then ironically works for the very people who cut back his hours!!
Advertisement
10-04-2015, 18:21   #2
Permabear

This post has been deleted.
(2) thanks from:
10-04-2015, 18:25   #3
BoJack Horseman

Another irony thread.

'Left winger says right winger shouldn't air views'.
10-04-2015, 18:34   #4
Permabear

10-04-2015, 19:19   #5
BuilderPlumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Permabear View Post
How ANYONE can support the disaster that was the Iraq war and other messy similar future wars baffles me. One does not have to be left-wing or whatever to express this views.

Murder is murder whether it is done by ISIS or by the West. The ONLY people I care about are all the innocent Iraqis, Syrians, Lebanese, Palestinians, Americans, Israelis, Europeans, Iranians, Afghans, African and so on who died because of selfish wars fought by 2 evil sides.

Mark Humphrys should know better and admit the wrongs on ALL sides. Isn't being objective what PhD research is meant to be????
Advertisement
10-04-2015, 19:22   #6
BuilderPlumber

Quote:
You can bet he gets funding from somewhere. OR it helps him in some way to air totally subjective views. The problem is his views are exactly the same as many others. Exactly the same I mean!! So, these views come from one source and that is the neocon ideology. That ideology should have been buried with the failure that was the Bush admin.
10-04-2015, 19:25   #7
Permabear

Thanks from:
10-04-2015, 19:26   #8
BuilderPlumber

Quote:
I am not a blind follower of chomsky.info either and yes he is paid as well. They ALL are and as said the only people I care about are the innocents who die because of all the greed and selfish childish rivalries. I hate warmongering idiots and do not differentiate between right and left. Just good and bad.
10-04-2015, 19:35   #9
Permabear

Forum Closed