Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 - "Router may not support IP packet fragmentation "

Options
  • 10-12-2014 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭

Router: Eircom F100

While Im getting Nat Type 2 and 15mb download this issue does seem to be affecting certain online aspects. After a short enough period in a chat (5min+) people in the chat will lag on my end and I cant hear them despite my connection speed or it will give a nat type error and it basically "mutes" that person.

Also having issues joining a friend in "Far Cry". He can join me but I cant join him. Even when he does I will lose connection to the servers after a while.

As I said its not a groundbreaking problem and I can still play online relatively fine however I do seem to experience more lag than I should for 15MB download.

Cant find much online in the way of answers to this IP packet fragmentation issue and I'm clueless. Only thing eircom related I found was suggesting it was because the MTU settings on the router didnt match what was set on the Ps4. They do for me so its that.

Just there I tried the PS4 with a lan cable to see if it was a wifi issues but still getting the error and still cant join my friend.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,479 ✭✭✭✭guil

What is mtu set at? Should be 1492 on both iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

guil wrote: »
    What is mtu set at? Should be 1492 on both iirc.

Was originally that on both. Also tried 1500. Been only since i got this router.

Advertisement